Coopers Community

What's on The Menu -2023

iBooz2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Simples, marinate some chicken pieces, crumb & batter them - home-made KFC & a few mini roast spuds.

Look great Phil ! Do you coat them in buttermilk first ? I've seen those recipes, mainly America ones. Dunno what buttermilk is over here, have to look it up

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Look great Phil ! Do you coat them in buttermilk first ? I've seen those recipes, mainly America ones. Dunno what buttermilk is over here, have to look it up

Yes, Mate it is good stuff, you can buy it at the Supermarket or make your own.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/make-your-own-buttermilk-p2-995500

Dairy Farmers Buttermilk

• Like 3

10 hours ago, stquinto said:

This is only one of many, but I don't use it all the time depends on what I have in stock at the time.

Southern-Style Buttermilk Fried Chicken

https://www.bing.com/search?q=using+buttermilk+for+batter&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&pq=using+buttermilk+for+batter&sc=9-27&sk=&cvid=86F5DA3E8D1A4A3D999DAC4DE0DA3BE5&ghsh=0&ghacc=0&ghpl=#:~:text=Videos-,Southern-Style Buttermilk Fried Chicken,-Allrecipes

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Had a delayed pizza night this week, ended up being on Thursday night when the HSSH was off evening shift so had to cater for her as well.  Now she will not tolerate any chili, I only have to walk through the kitchen with some and she refuses to eat what I have cooked.

Anyway 'old mate' @Mickep's bride had made for me some home made chili flakes for me to try out.  Made my normal pizza but had to reserve 1/4 for my HSSH tastes, i.e chicken, red onion, mushroom, pineapple, mozzarella cheese and BBQ sauce.  Plan was to cut her part off and have the rest to myself.

Only problem was when I took it out of the Weber family Q I sorta missed the correct quarter marks.  When I cut her quarter off from 6 pm to 9 pm and she took a bite I realized it should have been 7:30 pm to 10:30 pm to be well clear of any chili.

One of her slices got thrown at me which I caught and ate as a bonus but boy it was hot so I understood her complaint.

My 3/4 was covered in red cayenne pepper slices and also mickep's bride's chili flakes so it was almost too hot for me as well but the cold home brew disguised the flames.  Will see how I go tomorrow and the next day with the tax on the way out repayments.  ha ha..

Chillii Pizza 1 - resized.png

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3