Coopers Community

What's on The Menu -2023

iBooz2

Thought we had better kick off a new thread - what’s on the Menu for 2023

Link to last year’s thread is HERE.

Happy New Year to all.

I will start it going with some home-made pork dim sims for an easy dinner tonight with a few home brews (well easy for the HSSH anyway).

Pork mince was marinated in some light soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, white pepper, sugar and Chinese cooking wine for about 4 hours.

Then added chopped spring onions, chopped mushrooms (should have been shiitake but could not get any yesterday), chopped water chestnuts and about a thumb size of fresh ginger very finely chopped.

Wrapped in wonton wrappers and steamed for about 15”.  Then dished up and sprinkled with some light soy sauce and Thai Sweet Chilli sauce.

Yes I ate my share plus a half more so very full tonight.

Homemade Pork Dim Sims 2 - resized.png

Homemade Pork Dim Sims 1 - resized.png

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Thought we had better kick off a new thread - what’s on the Menu for 2023

Link to last year’s thread is HERE.

Happy New Year to all.

I will start it going with some home-made pork dim sims for an easy dinner tonight with a few home brews (well easy for the HSSH anyway).

Pork mince was marinated in some light soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, white pepper, sugar and Chinese cooking wine for about 4 hours.

Then added chopped spring onions, chopped mushrooms (should have been shiitake but could not get any yesterday), chopped water chestnuts and about a thumb size of fresh ginger very finely chopped.

Wrapped in wonton wrappers and steamed for about 15”.  Then dished up and sprinkled with some light soy sauce and Thai Sweet Chilli sauce.

Yes I ate my share plus a half more so very full tonight.

Homemade Pork Dim Sims 2 - resized.png

Homemade Pork Dim Sims 1 - resized.png

They look just right mate, beautiful work.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Nothing outta the ordinary - except for the side, really hot and blaaarrrdy delicious. A Thai smashed mushroom chilli combo with a few secret ingredients. 😉

Porker Cutlets, and slow cooked pickled pork with a chilli and cracked pepper rub.

C'mon Mick, man up & get some chilli in there 🤣

Seriously it looks yumbo.

• Haha 3

Great call on starting the new thread @iBooz2

I tried a recipe where I’ve made them separately before but combined here: a leg of lamb roasted on pommes boulangère. I forgot to take a photo coming out of the oven. It looks the biz but the fat from the lamb made the spuds too pungent. The combo is good but next time I’d cook them separately.

The oysters were absolutely marvellous though! Number 2 are a bit meaty, and a pain in the a*se to open, but they were excellent 🦪

5761427D-0DE0-4634-A80F-4BB0C2C1647B.jpeg

71DFFAE6-0DC7-443D-B244-5A111F4499A5.jpeg

46BBA0B8-86A1-4D4B-91D3-A1E54045B2D7.jpeg

97C4CEE1-7A3C-49C1-B5BD-8E4F95BE5066.jpeg

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Great call on starting the new thread @iBooz2

I tried a recipe where I’ve made them separately before but combined here: a leg of lamb roasted on pommes boulangère. I forgot to take a photo coming out of the oven. It looks the biz but the fat from the lamb made the spuds too pungent. The combo is good but next time I’d cook them separately.

The oysters were absolutely marvellous though! Number 2 are a bit meaty, and a pain in the a*se to open, but they were excellent 🦪

5761427D-0DE0-4634-A80F-4BB0C2C1647B.jpeg

71DFFAE6-0DC7-443D-B244-5A111F4499A5.jpeg

46BBA0B8-86A1-4D4B-91D3-A1E54045B2D7.jpeg

97C4CEE1-7A3C-49C1-B5BD-8E4F95BE5066.jpeg

Looks beautiful Sainter, like you not a fan of lamb fat - shame about the spuds. Still it would've been extra tasty no doubt. Oysters on steroids! Geez Louise. Great meal mate.

Edited by Mickep
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Looks beautiful Sainter, like you not a fan of lamb fat - shame about the spuds. Still it would've been extra tasty no doubt. Oysters on steroids! Geez Louise. Great meal mate.

It is a nice piece of lamb, I am with you, lamb fat is disgusting but needed if you want to slow cook in the Weber to protect the meat - then you chuck it.

• Like 2

On 1/1/2023 at 11:29 AM, iBooz2 said:

Lovely stuff mate ! Will give them a go, for sure !

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mickep said:

Nothing outta the ordinary - except for the side, really hot and blaaarrrdy delicious. A Thai smashed mushroom chilli combo with a few secret ingredients. 😉

Porker Cutlets, and slow cooked pickled pork with a chilli and cracked pepper rub.

Looks out of the ordinary to me mate 👍👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mickep said:

This is one of my favourite dishes

Mate @Mickep this is the absolute BIZZZZZZZ : )

And I am afraid to say... would go very very nicely with a lovely (sorta) Golden Pilly  ; )

Quite nice if you are on the coast and can grab a fresh coconut and chop open eye and drain the fresh juice in as well as... and even some green coconut flesh is nice intermingled if yer wanna put in the extra work of pulling off the husk and chopping open : )

But is incredibly nice without any coco...  Luvyerwork!!!

• Like 3

After the lovely Salmon Ceviche - Pickled Fish - Nummus from @Mickep Michael and Team...

was inspired again to do some Fresh Pork HackePeter... this time with Baby Capers, Fresh Egg, White Pepper and Salt... absolutely beautiful with Beer : ) 

image.thumb.png.d646c972efcef54c6a78cacf4673d67b.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1