Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

3 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

That's OK, are you having a 🍺 or 🍷with it 

Definitely not where i work unfortunately. But last night shift tonight, so plenty of beers to follow in the next few days.

Off to the Home Brewed Beer and Barbecue fest on Saturday too in Adelaide. 

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

Thawed out one of the Rabbits from the shooting trip, just made up a Brining Marinade. I will leave it overnight & it's Bug's Bunny tomorrow 🐇 either Slow Cooked in a Casserole or perhaps Crumbed & Fried.  I still have 19 in the freezer so heaps of recipes come to mind. Got some good red so looking forward to it.

Cheers

Phil

20210313_110128.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Today it is going in the Slow Cooker, with Chicken Stock & chunky vegetables. 

It has been marinating in Red Wine Vinegar, Water, Salt, Sugar, Garlic, Black Pepper, Tarragon, Basil, Oregano, Bay Leaves so shouldn't be short on flavor.  🍴

Sounds delish mate. That's an impressive marinade to be sure. It should be a ripper meal. A little cheeky sneaky red will go very nicely with that.

• 3 weeks later...

Rabbit No 2, OK Rabbit tonight sorta roasted with heaps of root vegetables ( & carrots ) potato etc, this is the 3 stages so far

1 Brining Marinade 24 Hours

2 Joint & rinse thoroughly

3 A dry rub combination of Hickory, roasted garlic & onion & paprika

I will slow roast this in my Clay Tagine on the stove top & serve with all of the roasted vegies & lots of 🍷🍷🍷

Part 2 to follow.

Cheers.

ROAST RABBIT.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

Rabbit looks good. Wood oven pizzas for me tonight. Salami, boccocini, capsicum and mushroom at the front. Chilli garlic prawn at the back. 

20210404_182318.jpg

Awesome Love Wood Fired Oven Pizza anytime, one of my mates has one, I will have to find a way to build one. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

Rabbit No 2, OK Rabbit tonight sorta roasted with heaps of root vegetables ( & carrots ) potato etc, this is the 3 stages so far

1 Brining Marinade 24 Hours

2 Joint & rinse thoroughly

3 A dry rub combination of Hickory, roasted garlic & onion & paprika

I will slow roast this in my Clay Tagine on the stove top & serve with all of the roasted vegies & lots of 🍷🍷🍷

Part 2 to follow.

Cheers.

ROAST RABBIT.jpg

Part 2

rôti lapin

OK I cheated, it means Roast Rabbit in French, it was awesome.

Next time new recipe.

Cheers

RABBIT 2.jpg

• Like 1

Fish & Chips Night

Hey Guys,

I guess we all like Fish & Chips, one of my favorite is Blue Grenadier, it has a close association to Flathead & is extremely versatile.

Tonight I will make a batter of Beer, Self Raising Flour, Turmeric (pinch) chilli powder (pinch) & fry in Canola Oil, serve with Beer Batter Chips & Salad. 

A nice bottle of Sauvignon Blanc & Bob's your Uncle.

Cheers.

20210408_155713.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Graubster,

Last night I did a Corned Silverside shown just put on the stove, I was going to do a photo of the finished meal which was Mashed Potato, Cabbage & steamed veg ( Broccoli, Carrot, Butternut, Spinach & Peppercorn Gravy etc, ) but we got stuck into the 🍷 & I forgot.

By the way, it was bloody beautiful. Cheers.

20210426_163115 (2).jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

What's Cooking tonight people, a Butcher mate gave me 4 Lamb Shanks straight from the processing plant & tonight I have to cook for him & 2 others, I can handle it but need to be on the ball as most Butcher's know their stuff, accompaniments will be Creamy Mashed Potato, Steamed Butternut & Broccoli & of course 🍷

These 2 photos are the prep & early stages, I might post a photo of the plated meal if that's OK.

Cheers

20210521_125409 (2).jpg

20210521_131915 (2).jpg

• Like 5

On 5/29/2021 at 12:57 AM, CLASSIC said:

Nice @stquinto  Medium Rare too, I just had Lamb.

lamb.jpg

Ow that looks like it was a real treat mate 👍

I did a shoulder of lamb with Moroccan veggie stew and couscous the other day - cooked it for about 8 hours at about 90 degrees with a tray of water in the oven to stop it drying out. Beautiful it was, could eat it with a spoon