Coopers Community

What's on The Menu -2023

iBooz2

One of the hottest (Phet mak mak - Thai for very hot /spicy) meals I've ever had -and that's saying something. Looks can be deceiving.

A Thai take on san choy bao. Full of fresh chilli, home made chilli flakes and home made chilli sauce. Even the salad was insanely hot. May not be wandering too far from the house tomoz. 😬

I also may have snuck in a couple of BBQ'd mussels - again. 😂

322723990_719768199712886_5812603570228855725_n.jpg

321851970_1192218118073838_2317530104403587890_n.jpg

321976699_1630882320666282_6083589065325776531_n.jpg

• Like 8

46 minutes ago, Mickep said:

A Thai take on san choy bao. Full of fresh chilli, home made chilli flakes and home made chilli sauce. Even the salad was insanely hot.

WOWOWOWOWOW @Mickep Michael mate you just eat like a fresh-spicy-tasty-flavour KING mate.... just beautiful!!!

And WC to the max... nice work 👍👍👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, jennyss said:

It is a deconstructed hamburger - carb laden bun definitely not needed! I had a bunless burger the other night with beetroot and pineapple as well as fried egg, fried onion, cheese tomato and rocket. Yummy

Gold @jennyss

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Pezzza said:

Yesterday this is all that I had... Coffee with frothed Oat Milk and festive Herbal Tea (well and water 😆)

image.thumb.png.1391051461435f53d063948b2b94bef8.png

The things we do Pezza....to stay in shape so we can indulge in the liquid gold and lose a few KG's while we're at it.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mickep said:

One of the hottest (Phet mak mak - Thai for very hot /spicy) meals I've ever had -and that's saying something. Looks can be deceiving.

A Thai take on san choy bao. Full of fresh chilli, home made chilli flakes and home made chilli sauce. Even the salad was insanely hot. May not be wandering too far from the house tomoz. 😬

I also may have snuck in a couple of BBQ'd mussels - again. 😂

322723990_719768199712886_5812603570228855725_n.jpg

321851970_1192218118073838_2317530104403587890_n.jpg

321976699_1630882320666282_6083589065325776531_n.jpg

I love chilli and this reminded me of the time my wife and I went to a restaurant in Bangkok and on the table was a very little bowl of sliced chilli. I ate two of them then two more and all was OK, then they hit. I said to my wife I am in trouble here these are getting hotter and hotter. I had to leave the restaurant and go back to our hotel room and wait until the fire went out. I don't know what type they were, but it put me of eating the chilli condiments on the table.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Pickles Jones said:

I love chilli and this reminded me of the time my wife and I went to a restaurant in Bangkok and on the table was a very little bowl of sliced chilli. I ate two of them then two more and all was OK, then they hit. I said to my wife I am in trouble here these are getting hotter and hotter. I had to leave the restaurant and go back to our hotel room and wait until the fire went out. I don't know what type they were, but it put me of eating the chilli condiments on the table.

So true PJ, mate your not on your Pat Malone there. Some of the different varieties of chilli up North in Thailand where we visit the wife's folk's are so hot it's frightening. Buyer beware 😂. Haven't got to the hallucination stage yet - I'm told it's a thing, at least that's what the bride says. 🌶️

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Pizza night again last Tuesday - All you low or no carb people please look away now!

A chili pizza with triple smoked ham, pepperoni, mushrooms, capsicum, red chili, chili flakes, red onion and garlic.

Pizza Chili before Cheese - resized.png

Pizza Chili after Cheese - resized.png

Pizza Chili ready to serve - resized.png

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mickep said:

So true PJ, mate your not on your Pat Malone there. Some of the different varieties of chilli up North in Thailand where we visit the wife's folk's are so hot it's frightening. Buyer beware 😂. Haven't got to the hallucination stage yet - I'm told it's a thing, at least that's what the bride says. 🌶️

So is that like 'Beer Goggles" but only it's 'Chili Goggles'.  🤓 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Pizza night again last Tuesday - All you low or no carb people please look away now!

A chili pizza with triple smoked ham, pepperoni, mushrooms, capsicum, red chili, chili flakes, red onion and garlic.

Pizza Chili before Cheese - resized.png

Pizza Chili after Cheese - resized.png

Pizza Chili ready to serve - resized.png

Look great Boozer - Love a pizza night.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Blaaardy Byordiful @iBooz2 Boozer!

Wow.

I would be happy to elect such a thing for a night off limits : )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, jennyss said:

Thinking of low carbs and chillies: This was my ham salad lunch today with a habaneros chilli, homemade zucchini pickle, beetroot, rocket, Thai chilli, feta cheese and Christmas ham. Garish but yum!

Looks good @jennyss nice & healthy, I quite often do similar & if I haven't got ham or another meat, I always have cans of sardines or herrings in the pantry & they make a nice lunch also.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, stquinto said:

A bit of old fashioned Shepherd’s Pie, from a roast leg of lamb last week 

Good stuff Stquinta, hard to beat anytime, I am aware that most people know the difference between Shepherd's Pie & Cottage Pie, for those who don't, here it is

https://www.masterclass.com/articles/cottage-pie-vs-shepherds-pie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Back on the WC track after somewhat of a diversion ; )

Smoked Salmon salad with a dressing utilising those favourite few:

Fresh nice sweet raw white Onion - Baby Capers - Gherkins and good qual Mayo 😉

Butter Lettuce... Lebanese Cuey... Pecans... Smoked Almonds... some Olives and a handful of Blueberries 😆

image.thumb.png.152179ff0f80487fb73c49a1fee3e4e7.png

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Pezzza said:

Back on the WC track after somewhat of a diversion ; )

Smoked Salmon salad with a dressing utilising those favourite few:

Fresh nice sweet raw white Onion - Baby Capers - Gherkins and good qual Mayo 😉

Butter Lettuce... Lebanese Cuey... Pecans... Smoked Almonds... some Olives and a handful of Blueberries 😆

Go for it Pez, all good stuff so it can't do any harm, taste's good too.

bon appétit

• Like 2
  • Haha 1