Coopers Community

What's on The Menu -2023

iBooz2

10 minutes ago, beach_life said:

Have you ever eaten goat? Great meat and the fat is very mellow

I absolutely love Goat; I have cooked it many times, in the slow cooker, Weber but my favourite was a baby goat leg at http://gauchos.com.au/

an Argentinian Steak house in the city, unfortunately their prices now are getting out of reach.

I had a baby goat leg done on the grill & it was superb, thank goodness for doggy bags though as you cannot get through it. 🐐

• Like 2

3 hours ago, beach_life said:

Have you ever eaten goat? Great meat and the fat is very mellow

Yes, quite nice if it's a baby goat. Looke like you're eating a small child if it's a whole carcass being cooked 🤔

Had goat curry a few times in India, TBH I think the spices covered it up a bit. Also in Crete. The only thing off putting is that they just chopped everything into chucks, bones included, and you have no idea of what part of the beast you are eating. It shouldn't matter but for some reason it did a bit 😒

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken sachet (from Aldi)

Made own fried rice, just the usual suspects. 
Tastes great, wife who has COVID loves it.

‘Last 2 nights all she wanted was poached eggs on toast, nothing wrong with that either 😝😝
‘But changed it up, I’m no chef but looks and tastes great. 
Got the thumbs up, from a social distance of course. 

5AC568C5-59DA-48A3-8162-EA7CEF05F152.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken sachet (from Aldi)

Made own fried rice, just the usual suspects. 
Tastes great, wife who has COVID loves it.

‘Last 2 nights all she wanted was poached eggs on toast, nothing wrong with that either 😝😝
‘But changed it up, I’m no chef but looks and tastes great. 
Got the thumbs up, from a social distance of course. 

5AC568C5-59DA-48A3-8162-EA7CEF05F152.jpeg

Nice looking plate there Red 👍

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Look's great mate. Home made burgers with a few chillis added? Chips look good too.

I had a busy day cleaning up in the brewery, making a brew etc, I simply thawed some mince out as that's all I felt like.

I was a bit late & the photo makes them look darker, but they were OK, I have got a few left over too.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Low or no carb night. A burger! No bun. 

No bun, but as our no carb guru @Pezzza Pezzy might say - sorta failed big time as I may have had the equivalent of 3 loaves of bread anyway. May have snuck in a sneaky cheeky few from the tap.  😂 Doh! 

A Clayton's Burger.

I have done that before, I used bacon for the top & bottom once, it all tastes the same in the end.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mickep said:

Low or no carb night. A burger! No bun.

Amazing @Mickep just beautiful mate!

Yes sadly the no or lo carb campaign does benefit from lack of AG loaves of liquid bread haha... 

But if I am on the Gs then doing lo carb does help a bit in keeping my overall explosion

in weight a little more under control : )

Gunna hopefully do a Fasting Day today to get back on track a bit...

Seems to help me too - if I can get it done done 👍 and I know it is not for all... 

(Means of course no Gs either... which from time to time is not such a bad thing it seems)

Edited by Pezzza
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Pezzza said:

But if I am on the Gs then doing lo carb does help a bit in keeping my overall explosion in weight a little more under control :

Yeah true that. So far off to an abysmal start with the No carbs. No problemo with the food, just the gas. 😂 Day 6 and haven't been able to score a completely Carb free day.....the pesky sirens of the kegerator keep serenading me. 😆🍺

Edited by Mickep
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Mickep said:

BBQ'd mussels, marinaded raw salmon (chilli, garlic lemon grass, soy, lime juice, sugar sauce)

BTW @Mickep Mick ol' Cobber...

Those dinners - not only beautiful sensational tasty things - are also highly compliant on the good eating guide mate ; )

(That is without the lovely Thai Fried Rice and Gs of course 😉)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Mickep said:

A burger! No bun

It is a deconstructed hamburger - carb laden bun definitely not needed! I had a bunless burger the other night with beetroot and pineapple as well as fried egg, fried onion, cheese tomato and rocket. Yummy

• Like 4