Coopers Community

What's on The Menu -2023

iBooz2

Thought I would give my 9 Kg gas bottle BBQ a test run with the Rotisserie attachment.  Cooked a 2 Kg chicken over charcoal for two hours.  Chicken was rubbed with EVOO, Garlic powder, Cajun seasoning, salt and Italian herb mix.  Unfortunately I did not have time to brine this one but it was still very nice.  Better than you get from a charcoal chicken shop anyway.  It was served with air fried chips and some pasta / garden salads.

Rotisserie Charcoal Chicken 2.PNG

Rotisserie Charcoal Chicken 1.PNG

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Thought I would give my 9 Kg gas bottle BBQ a test run with the Rotisserie attachment.  Cooked a 2 Kg chicken over charcoal for two hours.  Chicken was rubbed with EVOO, Garlic powder, Cajun seasoning, salt and Italian herb mix.  Unfortunately I did not have time to brine this one but it was still very nice.  Better than you get from a charcoal chicken shop anyway.  It was served with air fried chips and some pasta / garden salads.

It looks the business @iBooz2 Boozer. Did it stay juicy and not dry out too much?

• Like 3

Yes it was quite nice K,  not as nice as the brined one I did a few weeks back on gas in the family Weber Q.  The brine makes a huge difference, silky smooth moist chicken.  In hindsight I  need to modify the rotisserie brackets to get the meat lower so I don't have to use as much fuel and it cooks a little quicker.  Plus when I add smoke chips such as apple wood it will have more effect.  It should have been 1 and 1/2 hours for a 2 kg chook but it took 2 hours to get to 71 C before resting.

The brine recipe last used was from the Charcuterie Book, recommended by BL & Pez and it works a treat.  Previously my brines did not include sugar like this one does and I think it does make a difference.

Give a brined chook a go in your BBQ.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Looks just incredible Boozer, That's the Biz! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

BBQ steak last night on the retro cast iron sizzle plates, anybody still got any of these.

Photo is a bit dodgy; I must have bought alcoholic wine by mistake. 🤣

20230109_202111.thumb.jpg.9804678528ed6cc55f7a50402a41c467.jpg

Steaks look great mate. Love the cast iron sizzle plates too.

• Like 2

With thanks to festive Michael @Mickep for inspiration to get back to the fresh fish Ceviche or Nummus or sorry Mick you will have to remind me what the Thai version is called....  there are many versions... but if one can get hands on fresh not-frozen-and-thawed fish or catch yerself... this is such a tasty thing:

And thanks Mick and your wonderful in-house expert Chef for inspiration 🙂

And phaaarque - quite scary - 🏴‍☠️

It goes so well with a lovely HT-Mit Wey Pilly Dubbya Larger ; )

image.thumb.png.5e7e23032f73cf6e93ce8a2b6897b6ed.png

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

On 1/9/2023 at 11:24 AM, iBooz2 said:

Beautiful mate 👍 Looks awesome, nice smoky flavour I bet 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 10:47 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

BBQ steak last night on the retro cast iron sizzle plates, anybody still got any of these.

Photo is a bit dodgy; I must have bought alcoholic wine by mistake. 🤣

20230109_202111.thumb.jpg.9804678528ed6cc55f7a50402a41c467.jpg

I bought one of those last year in Italy. The cast iron bit also works on the induction plates. Got the wooden plate underneath too, great stuff!

I also got some of the small pots too, but once the novelty wore off they got stuck in the cupboard along with the special tongs for snails, and the garlic mincer. And the avocado musher. What the f*@k was I thinking about buying that? 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, stquinto said:

I bought one of those last year in Italy. The cast iron bit also works on the induction plates. Got the wooden plate underneath too, great stuff!

I also got some of the small pots too, but once the novelty wore off they got stuck in the cupboard along with the special tongs for snails, and the garlic mincer. And the avocado musher. What the f*@k was I thinking about buying that? 🤦‍♂️

I use the Sizzle Plates a lot at BBQ's, summer nights & I can use them on my glass top stove too. The mini cast iron pots I use on the BBQ as well, they are great for individual served potatoes in their jackets, you can stuff them with garlic, shallots, butter - anything you like. Garlic prawns are great too.

• Like 3

A bit of veggie pasta tonight (I reckon there’ll be a big bad steak brewing this Friday, I’ve had three veggie meals on the trot)

Torn up lasagne sheets with sliced artichoke, onion, capers and tomatoes. The other one is a tomato sauce with mozzarella melted in, with orrechiette.

Nice enough, but I’ll be ready for the steak 😆A3760481-F948-4835-9235-311789D5EE05.thumb.jpeg.54f34a801a22066d99d73aeb8a465b78.jpeg

49748DAF-FC30-403E-94C0-991675C7E207.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 1/10/2023 at 7:27 AM, Pezzza said:

With thanks to festive Michael @Mickep for inspiration to get back to the fresh fish Ceviche or Nummus or sorry Mick you will have to remind me what the Thai version is called....  there are many versions... but if one can get hands on fresh not-frozen-and-thawed fish or catch yerself... this is such a tasty thing:

And thanks Mick and your wonderful in-house expert Chef for inspiration 🙂

And phaaarque - quite scary - 🏴‍☠️

It goes so well with a lovely HT-Mit Wey Pilly Dubbya Larger ; )

Lovely stuff Pezzza ! Quite fancy ceviche, haven't had any for a while 👍

• Like 3

2 hours ago, stquinto said:

Back to the regulars, veal chop, chip cubes and gypsy sauce

A13970BC-E810-4E5F-87B9-BC5CB6B8E23C.jpeg

Looks the Biz Sainter @stquinto mate, haven't had veal in a long while. I should give it a try me thinks. Not sure whether the chip cubes gets you over the line for the arvo off though. They look good an' all - cooked to perfection - but I'm waxing and waning on the shape of the cube cut chip idea....🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2