Coopers Community

What's on The Menu -2023

iBooz2

30 minutes ago, Hoppy81 said:

Couple of Pork shoulders turned into Pulled pork n slaw rolls, didn't get pics of the rolls unfortunately but can confirm they were delicious.

20221230_132906.thumb.jpg.51ac0aeb34fdc64b65cdeb87b0b4af0e.jpg20221230_190924.thumb.jpg.e7ad79ea146541f00a990196e7903ba7.jpg

Looks beautiful mate! Just out of interest- do you pull the meat apart with two forks to get the shredded effect?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoppy81 said:

Couple of Pork shoulders turned into Pulled pork n slaw rolls, didn't get pics of the rolls unfortunately but can confirm they were delicious.

20221230_132906.thumb.jpg.51ac0aeb34fdc64b65cdeb87b0b4af0e.jpg20221230_190924.thumb.jpg.e7ad79ea146541f00a990196e7903ba7.jpg

Looks just beautiful H, luverly jubbley - Pulled Porker  with slaw on fresh rolls. What a combo!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mickep said:

You've inspired me mate to have a crack at that. Hey what internal temp are you taking those buggers off the smoke....wrap and rest time??

I wrap around 65c or so and internal temp is usually around 95/96/97°c or when probing like butter, One of the easiest things to cook imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hoppy81 said:

I also let rest for around 1hr, make sure you report back your cook when you've done it mate 🥲

I will mate thanks for the info. I'll let it cook in the smoker without wrapping, just want to make sure I'm hitting the target temp (95 C) when its on its rest wrapped in baking paper, foil and a towel in the esky- Yes? That's what I'd do for a Brisket.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mickep said:

I will mate thanks for the info. I'll let it cook in the smoker without wrapping, just want to make sure I'm hitting the target temp (95 C) when its on its rest wrapped in baking paper, foil and a towel in the esky- Yes? That's what I'd do for a Brisket.

After a couple of hours they stop taking on smoke so I wrap it as it gets to temp quicker or with brisket i wait until i'm happy with the bark.  then wrap but whatever works for you mate.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hoppy81 said:

After a couple of hours they stop taking on smoke so I wrap it as it gets to temp quicker or with brisket i wait until i'm happy with the bark.  then wrap but whatever works for you mate.

Okay mate , that's great, many thanks.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Pezzza said:

WC meals continue... 🥳

Without Carbs ; )

(while consuming a loaf of bread in every glass of Pezzza Mountain Brewing Largers and Aleos😆)

image.thumb.png.a1d64a07d717f21511407c5aee9261ef.png

Oh yeah.....looks great there Pezza. Is that a lil' porker rissole on that plate? That egg yolkler looks primed for a decent smashing all over that there cruchy green salad too. 

• Like 3