Coopers Community

What's on The Menu -2023

iBooz2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

No Mate, I am not that desperate, it was dead when I saw it & it is too small anyway.

Lucky you did not cook/eat it.  It probably died from soaking up too much of the sewage run-off pumped into the sea just north of you, been swallowed then regurgitated onto the beach by a sick pelican.   You probably wondered too, why the local seagulls would not touch it with a barge pole.  (insert Spew emoji here) YUK!

• Sad 2

24 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Lucky you did not cook/eat it.  It probably died from soaking up too much of the sewage run-off pumped into the sea just north of you, been swallowed then regurgitated onto the beach by a sick pelican.   You probably wondered too, why the local seagulls would not touch it with a barge pole.  (insert Spew emoji here) YUK!

AL, I had no intention of even picking it up, let alone anything else, I see a few of them from time to time during my walks.

It was probably attacked by a bigger sea dweller & just washed up onto the beach.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

AL, I had no intention of even picking it up, let alone anything else, I see a few of them from time to time during my walks.

It was probably attacked by a bigger sea dweller & just washed up onto the beach.

Yeah, seems that it is missing quite a few appendages so it was probably prey for something.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

Yeah, seems that it is missing quite a few appendages so it was probably prey for something.

Absolutely, even fish attack smaller crabs, even though they may get away they don't last long.

I have seen small fish washed up with a bite out of them, ironically probably by a large crab!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, iBooz2 said:

I love a freshly roasted chook.  Did you get to brine this one first @stquinto ?

Not this one, as I didn't have time to do so 24 hours before. I've been meaning to try it, everyone reckons it really helps keep it moist.

You brine them ? I'll give it a go next time.

• Like 1

Choucroute (or sauerkraut) for a late dinner. In late so I defrosted and heated a plassie tub of it in a pan with half a glass of beer to moisten it. The pack instructions say to put water in but they obviously don’t know sh*t. Goes down well with the Duvel clone.

Furthermore, according to the package it’s “prestigious” …

… actually not bad for 11PM and you’re hungry

B5481A91-6E5C-4E3D-AA06-24D1FEC0ACEA.jpeg

86E1EA65-8582-4762-9FD9-B46CA338DCC8.jpeg

887AA844-2349-4478-AB28-1A0ED9DA4574.jpeg

Edited by stquinto
Typ
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, stquinto said:

Choucroute (or sauerkraut) for a late dinner. In late so I defrosted and heated a plassie tub of it in a pan with half a glass of beer to moisten it. The pack instructions say to put water in but they obviously don’t know sh*t. Goes down well with the Duvel clone.

Furthermore, according to the package it’s “prestigious” …

… actually not bad for 11PM and you’re hungry

B5481A91-6E5C-4E3D-AA06-24D1FEC0ACEA.jpeg

86E1EA65-8582-4762-9FD9-B46CA338DCC8.jpeg

887AA844-2349-4478-AB28-1A0ED9DA4574.jpeg

Looks like my type of tv dinner. Yum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/29/2023 at 1:20 AM, Mickep said:

@stquinto, Sainter mate, looks like you've got the Doris Day filter on there. I think that's a breach of the rules. No R&R for you. 😂

As Malter says, Que sera sera... 

Actually it was the steam from the tucker. And I was too steaming to wipe the lens 😉

• Haha 1