Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

I just had a mate drop in, Gully @Marksmans Gift  he hasn't been on the forum for a while, but he is a good bloke & we enjoy a beer together, so now the dwindling keg of pale ale is getting dangerously close to giving up. 

I won't bother with an avatar as they have been corrupted as you all know.

20230118_184558.thumb.jpg.43f12d66b3226110f568e159bbaab421.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 9

12 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I just had a mate drop in, Gully @Marksmans Gift  he hasn't been on the forum for a while, but he is a good bloke & we enjoy a beer together, so now the dwindling keg of pale ale is getting dangerously close to giving up. 

I won't bother with an avatar as they have been corrupted as you all know.

20230118_184558.thumb.jpg.43f12d66b3226110f568e159bbaab421.jpg

Bloody good looking bloke there! If this guy does say so himself

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Well, he has but as long as you enjoyed the beer that's all that matters. I see you have changed your moniker again.

Yeah, gotta keep up with the times.

Got that list of hops too, just gotta send it through to you... My misses is begging me to empty out the freezer filled with hops

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Island Toasted Coconut Porter

Brewed this one back in August, tried a couple..

I'm still not sure if I like it or not, I'll keep drinking it but

Lovely smell when you pour a glass, hints of Chocolate and Coconut

Had a sample few weeks back with friends, two said No, I wasn't sure

Wife and another girl said Yes, more.

Same last night, I'm not sure but Wife loves it mixed with her regular Beer.

IMG_20230118_185001.thumb.jpg.1d4889364ec6c8e3210bf904975ef2a1.jpg

• Like 7

Last night I broke and had to have my Coopers American IPA a little earlier than I thought. I bottled it on Boxing day watching the test match.

I must say that I am very satisfied with the tase and colour. I wanted to wait 6 weeks but well ya know.... I didn't.

I may just have to make another batch to put down for winter along side my stout.

• Like 5

A few years old, this one. It's the Barley Crush ROTM from a few(?) years back. 

I've been having one every six months to a year. This was the last one and it'd been a fair while since I'd had the last. The cap was all rusted. I wasn't sure what I'd be in for. 

I shouldn't have worried. Has aged brilliantly. Nice beer. For sipping (9.9%).

Strong flavours. Almost like a port/beer cross. Kinda. Taste is still a bit off after being crook but the orangey/marmalade notes given in the description are accurate. Lots going on.

Need to do an AG barley wine someday.

IMG20230107172320.jpg

• Like 10

33 minutes ago, Popo the Degenerate said:

I've been having one every six months to a year. This was the last one and it'd been a fair while since I'd had the last. The cap was all rusted. I wasn't sure what I'd be in for. 

Strong flavours. Almost like a port/beer cross. Kinda. Taste is still a bit off after being crook but the orangey/marmalade notes given in the description are accurate. Lots going on.

IMG20230107172320.jpg

Looks sensational. If your drinking that just now you might need a mid afternoon nap

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Popo the Degenerate said:

IMG20230107172320.jpg

Looks magic. good colour. I could go one of those right about........now

3 hours ago, Popo the Degenerate said:

Nice one.
I have made barley wine, if you have a small system a reiterated mash is good, similar for a RIS which I am a solid fan of.

It's fun, perplexing, messy and hard work.

• Like 2

Well, I am at the other house, drinking random keg left overs.
Flanders - was a surprise, so good.
Coopers Sparkling Ale with the right yeast - @iBooz2 there was some of that PoR aroma you are talking about, and only a FWH addition.
And the others - no idea, a very pale beer, a rather malty one, there is a dragonfruit sour here too

good times

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, beach_life said:

Well, I am at the other house, drinking random keg left overs.
Flanders - was a surprise, so good.
Coopers Sparkling Ale with the right yeast - @iBooz2 there was some of that PoR aroma you are talking about, and only a FWH addition.
And the others - no idea, a very pale beer, a rather malty one, there is a dragonfruit sour here too

good times

That's great Beachy, not only do you have 2 houses, but you also have plenty of beer, enjoy.

• Like 1