Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

Aussie Lager in my new little coopers glass! Feel like I am at the pub! Pretty happy with this! It was kegged on Sunday and is pretty clear already! Bittered with Superpride and Por at the end! 

E20E9ADC-59AE-47E2-B4E5-4DA37E9E6BD7.jpeg

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I would have to agree with you there Malter, but I don't mind the Witbier, I think Hoegaarden revived it, most Belgium beers I like, Stella Artois but of course that's a Larger!!

I don't know which Hoegaarden I tried but it was about 7 years ago in Singapore, so it was expensive as well as bad. It was a cloudy orange colour with white head and because it was so expensive I wasn't going to leave it behind. I drank that sucker through gritted teeth.🤮

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, stquinto said:

Duvel clone again. Wish I’d done a double batch. I’ve noticed it is much, much better after at least 3 months in the keg

You must have good will power Stquinta, I can't seem to keep anything in the keg for more than 3-4 weeks, maybe if I doubled up & store a keg or two it may help.

• Haha 2

Berliner Weisse.

Using https://wyeastlab.com/product/berliner-weisse-blend/ for the fifth time, full repitch onto the cake. Autolysis is apparently not an issue with a longe ferment - this was 5 months - as all the bad bits get eaten.

6% apparently. Nicely sour, dry, pungent on the nose. Kinda umm, Brett (for those that know) - grass, hay, farmhouse for sure. Very refreshing.

PXL_20230202_064534631.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.8cafb326d1a30c047d4051b5284b7773.jpg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, beach_life said:

frigde or cellar temp?

In the cellar for about 6 weeks (approx 14°C) then in the keezer for the other 6 weeks at 3°C-ish.

It's quite a long brew : ferment at 20° for about a week, then 24° for a few more days, then 26° for a few more. Finally 0 - 3° for 20 days. So you're looking at 4 - 5 weeks before even kegging it. Then 3 months in the keg. Hmmm... quite long time, but TBH it's night and day compared to a "fresh" brew.

I have one in my newly-converted brew fridge comig towards the end of the 24°C stage. I mucked it up a bit as I had the heat pad plugged into the cooling plug on the InkBird 🤔 Doh !

Anyway, I would like to knock up a cuppla brews and leave them in the corner to mature. Once I'm happy with them I might also bottle a few from the keg.

I would do a double brew but have had a few teething problems sizing up the brews with the GrainFather software. On second thoughts I can onyl do one at a time as I only have one brew fridge ...

If you're interested I'll post the recipe I used

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

You must have good will power Stquinta, I can't seem to keep anything in the keg for more than 3-4 weeks, maybe if I doubled up & store a keg or two it may help.

I hear you Phil... I am gradually collecting kegs, fill 'em and stash some. I'm also trying (trying being the operative word..) to have a cuppla dry days a week. Ideally three. I entertained myself by counting all of my drinks with an App call Drink Control.... strewth ! The results are enough to make you reach out for a stiff one !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2