Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

Now this is a blinder - Coopers Regency Red, kegged 11/12 last year. Yum yum yum! Deffo do this one again. Not bad carbonation level: 40 psi for about 36 hours. I was a bit loath to shake it up as I preferred it clear, especially after having kept it for a month or so. 
I’ll recommend this recipe to anyone 👍

FDDE02A1-E2B0-4DB3-83D1-159206592119.jpeg

0C4E14F7-38EA-4FB6-92A3-AB6C907C9BE0.jpeg

• Like 16

All in the family - I visited my father on the South Coast of NSW last week and we enjoyed his homebrew Coopers Sparkling Ale, and also the last of a Christmas present 1/2 doz of Coopers 2022 Vintage Ale.  At beer time today I will enjoy my Coopers Pale Ale with extra yeast food and Galaxy hops. My husband will drink Tooheys New, as his Woolworths Draught has run out with the next lot ready in four days. My sister and her partner in Geelong stick to their home brewed Coopers Draught.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, jennyss said:

All in the family - I visited my father on the South Coast of NSW last week and we enjoyed his homebrew Coopers Sparkling Ale, and also the last of a Christmas present 1/2 doz of Coopers 2022 Vintage Ale.  At beer time today I will enjoy my Coopers Pale Ale with extra yeast food and Galaxy hops. My husband will drink Tooheys New, as his Woolworths Draught has run out with the next lot ready in four days. My sister and her partner in Geelong stick to their home brewed Coopers Draught.

Good to see the family are brewer's too, my brother & my nephew are as my old man was. So was his brother but have passed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

Cherry Sour.

Not red at all, looks like a sour without the head - nice one!

44 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I need to think about it more

I would not add anything first time mate

• Like 2

i must take a photo of this brew  ,  its a  riggers black ipa fwk   from grain and grape 

and wow  what a great beer it is   and very well holding its own in which i fermented way back in the dark ages of November 2022 
its still  hold flavour and aroma   , in which for the amount of hops used in this brew was very little   but  its very well pleasant  and the bitterness is spot on

this would make a great winter ipa   drink.   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ozdevil said:

i must take a photo of this brew  ,  its a  riggers black ipa fwk   from grain and grape 

and wow  what a great beer it is   and very well holding its own in which i fermented way back in the dark ages of November 2022 
its still  hold flavour and aroma   , in which for the amount of hops used in this brew was very little   but  its very well pleasant  and the bitterness is spot on

this would make a great winter ipa   drink.   

Give us a butchers then we can decide. Ha Ha. .... smiley face - not, help Coopers we want our avatars back!!!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Give us a butchers then we can decide. Ha Ha. .... smiley face - not, help Coopers we want our avatars back!!!

how about   a schooner  mate its 6.5%Abv   but drinking rather smoothly  

20230121_231133.thumb.jpg.1227df719da1496d9ee190c6a4ab953b.jpg

Riggers black ipa  in a headmaster Schooner

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Malter White said:

This tastes pretty good. It's just hit it's optimum carbonation but I don't know how it got there. I've had the pressure up and down more often than a new bride's nightie.

I'll let you know what's in the beer later.

IMG_20230122_194359.jpg

So this is a Toucan but not a Toucan as you'd expect. It's a bit of experimentation on my part with heavy influence from a dubious Facebook page.
2 x cans of Woolies "Larger".
1 x can of homebrand mango slices. 2 x little cans of HB passionfruit pulp and about 20g of Pride Of Ringwood hops. I boiled and mashed the fruit together with the hops for about 5 minutes. Then I strained the "fruit/hops tea" into the mix on brew day. I don't have the patience or energy to dry hop later. I'm a bit set and forget minded.
It has definite fruitiness flavour about it but I reckon the key to it tasting so smooth is I used reactivated Coopers commercial yeast from some Sparkling Ale stubbies. Cheers!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Malter White said:

So this is a Toucan but not a Toucan as you'd expect. It's a bit of experimentation on my part with heavy influence from a dubious Facebook page.
2 x cans of Woolies "Larger".
1 x can of homebrand mango slices. 2 x little cans of HB passionfruit pulp and about 20g of Pride Of Ringwood hops. I boiled and mashed the fruit together with the hops for about 5 minutes. Then I strained the "fruit/hops tea" into the mix on brew day. I don't have the patience or energy to dry hop later. I'm a bit set and forget minded.
It has definite fruitiness flavour about it but I reckon the key to it tasting so smooth is I used reactivated Coopers commercial yeast from some Sparkling Ale stubbies. Cheers!

I plan on doing something similar, woolies larger appreciation society 😂

• Like 1

First pour of the REAL ALE, this is the one that I dry hopped & it's a bit murky, but I get the hops full on, tastes great for such a young beer, only kegged on Saturday. I notice the left over in the bottles have a lot of hop matter floating around & the yeast forming on the bottom is green but in a few weeks it should be fine. 

It probably will clear up a bit, but I am not so much bothered about that.

20230123_141600.thumb.jpg.a010e8804f6ebc16041f75b0c2adb83a.jpg

• Like 6