Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

I just had a sneak taste of the AG brewed Eclipse XPA, I was expecting a flat beer with no head as it is only day 4 in the keg, my schedule was 24 hours @20psi & set @10psi & I will probably leave it as it is damn nice.

A little youngish, not the hop burst I was expecting or not a noticeable bitterness at this stage but it will get better each day - or as long as the keg lasts.

I have come to the conclusion after approx. 40 years in home brewing in various concepts, kegging is the way, bottling sucks.

Cheers. 🍺

20230601_165007.jpg

20230601_165102.jpg

• Like 17

Coopers Pale Ale

I took this photo because the sun was catching the glass and showing off the bubbles.

But it's not showing up In the photo 🙄

Tastes Good, that will have to do! 🍻

IMG_20230603_163737.thumb.jpg.9ee03be3cdaf6fb3a55a14cc1045bcc3.jpg

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I am thinking this is very clear & light bodied for an XPA, it is an All-Grain pack from CB - Eclipse XPA.

Has anyone else done one of these?

I was expecting more haze, but I am not complaining, this is day 6 in the keg.

20230603_154741.jpg

a xpa doesnt have to have the haze  i have hade a few xpa's that have been rather clear 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, ozdevil said:

a xpa doesnt have to have the haze  i have hade a few xpa's that have been rather clear 

Yeah, mine turned out very clear compared to Coopers XPA, obviously a different recipe/concept.

The taste is clean & today will be a week in the keg & it is improving but I need to buy a Nukatap lock & hide the key.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I had to sensor the bottom photo, that's why it is a bit dark. 😉

Ive already read the rules, saw it in a post a while back 🤭 i understand the censorship 😅

• Like 2

On 5/23/2023 at 8:09 AM, DavidM said:

Great looking Brew

Hope there are a few left at Five weeks.. might be even Better!

You were right Dave! Approaching the 5 week mark in 2 days, and the taste is more refined for sure. Cheers all

IMG_20230604_120744.jpg

IMG_20230604_120801.jpg

• Like 10

Garage Project's Pernicious Weed clone.  Link to the original "What Are You Drinking in 2022" post, follow the links back to the recipe.

Side by side taste test
Aromas - Theirs - Citrus and over ripe fruit
             - Mine - Quite similar but not as clean smelling
Flavours - Theirs - Intense bitterness and hoppiness, not fruity. Dank, like an old school West Coast IPA
               - Mine - Not as intense, but similar dankness.  A little more over ripe fruitiness.  More sweetness.
Mine held its head the whole drink through.  Mine clearly does not have the same colour.  I will make it again, but paler.

IMG_3755.JPG

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Pints said:

Approaching the 5 week mark

Well Done for holding off and keeping some to age.

Most of my Pale's I've finished in 4-5 Weeks

But the Darks start to "Shine" after the five-week mark.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, davids47 said:

Just had my first IPA BIAB 3 weeks in bottle  came out really nice for first attempt, will make again, far nicer than can kits

I totally agree, it is a complete new taste, I never thought I could taste the 'twang' in my k & k brews for years but when I started AG it makes a world of difference & if you keg, it is even better.

On 6/1/2023 at 5:19 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

I just had a sneak taste of the AG brewed Eclipse XPA, I was expecting a flat beer with no head as it is only day 4 in the keg, my schedule was 24 hours @20psi & set @10psi & I will probably leave it as it is damn nice.

A little youngish, not the hop burst I was expecting or not a noticeable bitterness at this stage but it will get better each day - or as long as the keg lasts.

I have come to the conclusion after approx. 40 years in home brewing in various concepts, kegging is the way, bottling sucks.

Cheers. 🍺

20230601_165007.jpg

20230601_165102.jpg

Have you got a second co2 bottle and regulator to carbonate at the 20psi or do you disconnect the other kegs for 24hrs while you do it?

After 24hrs do you burp the keg and put it on serving pressure or do you just put it on serving pressure and let the co2 disperse into the beer?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Back Brewing said:

Have you got a second co2 bottle and regulator to carbonate at the 20psi or do you disconnect the other kegs for 24hrs while you do it?

After 24hrs do you burp the keg and put it on serving pressure or do you just put it on serving pressure and let the co2 disperse into the beer?

I have got a 4-way manifold & 3 gas bottles, one with a spare regulator, yes, I do burp the keg & adjust it to serving pressure.

• Like 5

Just tried my preacher's Hefeweizen, 21l k and k. First time brewing it, 2 weeks in bottle and blimey, its a fantastic brew! Was so delicious i forgot to take a pic!! 

Tin was slightly expired and on special! 

Anyone else brew the Weiss? Very impressed Coopers! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

It's time for the weekly taste test challenge: The O'Connorwery Coopers Pale Ale, a.k.a. 001, bottled 6/5/23, bottle conditioned 16 days,  vs Coopers Brewery Original Pale Ale, a.k.a. Coopers Green, best after 25/3/2021.

Round 3.

Not greatly different to rounds 2 & 1, 001 (poured 2nd) has a slightly better head, a little more colour, and bigger bubbles. Green has a more distinct, slightly stronger aroma.

IMG_20230606_173009715.thumb.jpg.169f37ed550adae5129bf30b5b5611c3.jpg

Green tastes better, and has a better, more carbonated mouthfeel. I can still taste the twang in 001 but maybe it's fading. Or, perhaps, I'm becoming more accustomed to the twang. 001 still has better head retention, and more and longer lasting lacing.

IMG_20230606_174233840.thumb.jpg.8521d01864fd325e42229c661f9d4b3d.jpg

Green is still the clear winner but 001 does seem to be narrowing the gap a little. It looked prettier at 2nd top up, and didn't lose carbonation nearly as much as in previous side by side challenges. Of course that may just be the luck of the draw (from what I've picked up around the traps carbonation drops are the least best, though easiest, way to carbonate).

IMG_20230606_174544638.thumb.jpg.a3e2d0242ad8c206294075b602f19e0f.jpg

• Like 8