Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

@ozdevil OzDevil's USPA 68 days in the keg.  Hops have faded since the last taste so I had better knock this keg over ASAP. 

This one might be a good one to try out my hop injection tool, so as to inject a hop steep in though the gas port.  Now if only I had stock of some Citra and Centennial, I would have a crack at giving this keg a hop hit top up.

OzDevils USPA 68 days in the keg - resized.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

An early warm-up for a Xmas drink with my next-door neighbours, really great people, sorry Paul I cut a bit of your head off - doesn't matter mate you are follickly challenged anyway. 🤣

This is the Real Ale out of the keg that I used too much re-cycled yeast in that has now cleared up nicely & very drinkable.

Cheers

2141209130_20221216_181644141473.thumb.jpg.9aeac56286e494a125eafef5de12be58.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

Pernicious Weed clone.  A beer by Garage Project from New Zealand.

• Subtle floral and herbal aromas
  • Strong flavours of over-ripe stone fruits
  • Alcohol warming - 8.9% ABV in the bottle
  • I dialled back the IBU's (95) from the original recipe (110).  I could have left them where they were.  
  • Rich beer, but not sessionable, unless you want things to get messy

IMG_3431.JPG.95fbb251967c2643309202b9914d1fb7.JPG

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Tone boy said:

Pale ale with mosaic. First time using mosaic. Added 40g at flameout and 60g dry hop. It’s nice - pretty mellow not overpowering at all.  Probably pair with another hop next time. Cheers all

26A71D3B-6172-44D3-9B32-BFAE2B727C2B.thumb.jpeg.93d9dbe68e47d7e72c7d0bcd8e6094f9.jpeg

Looks fantastic Toner. I use Mosaic quite a bit, very nice. Been using eclipse too. Luverly Jubberly!

• Like 2

Just now, Pale Man said:

AG Wheat beer. 60% wheat 40% Pilsner. Mittlelfueh for bitterness and flavour. Absolutely stunning beer. Perfect for a Hefeweizen. Tart and Banana. Great for watching the cricket.

20221218_164549.jpg

Well it's to clear for a Hefe but it's bloody delicious.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hey Paley, that looks really nice. You have done well Grasshopper THROTDO.

Its a goody Phil. I'm not shy of sharing the recipe. No all grain brewer would be disappointed. I'm hard to please. I was pleased 😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pale Man said:

AG Wheat beer. 60% wheat 40% Pilsner. Mittlelfueh for bitterness and flavour. Absolutely stunning beer. Perfect for a Hefeweizen. Tart and Banana. Great for watching the cricket.

20221218_164549.jpg

Looks good mate which yeast did you use?

• Like 1

Went to pour myself a nice drop of black ipa goodness  this arvo while trying to watch a 5 minute test match  dam ran out of co2    hooked a 2nd bottle of co2  up  and that didn't want to play fair oh well   have a new bottle ordered for tommorow so will be hooked up and raring to go  but heck i stopped me from having a beer  

• Sad 4

3 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

Went to pour myself a nice drop of black ipa goodness  this arvo while trying to watch a 5 minute test match  dam ran out of co2    hooked a 2nd bottle of co2  up  and that didn't want to play fair oh well   have a new bottle ordered for tommorow so will be hooked up and raring to go  but heck i stopped me from having a beer  

2nd bottle was supposed to be full but was empty? I have had that happen took it back for a free swap

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ozdevil said:

Sad times OD, I am sure you will get it sorted out. I have decided now that I have 4 kegs & without knowing how much is left in my 6kg bottle I am going to order another one too. I have a 2.6kg that I used when I first started kegging but I ain't relying on that to run 4 kegs.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Sad times OD, I am sure you will get it sorted out. I have decided now that I have 4 kegs & without knowing how much is left in my 6kg bottle I am going to order another one too. I have a 2.6kg that I used when I first started kegging but I ain't relying on that to run 4 kegs.

you can easily carb and serve 12 to 15 kegs from a 2.6kg bottle.

21 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

So long as you have a full 2.6kg bottle always ready you will be fine @Classic Brewing Co. When your 6kg is empty the 2.6kg will last you plenty long enough to get it's big brother re-filled.

I have 2 x 6kg and 1 x 2.6kg bottles and that is probably over the top for what most people need, however I have a 160km drive to get them re-filled so it is nice to have extra backups!

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

So long as you have a full 2.6kg bottle always ready you will be fine @Classic Brewing Co. When your 6kg is empty the 2.6kg will last you plenty long enough to get it's big brother re-filled.

I have 2 x 6kg and 1 x 2.6kg bottles and that is probably over the top for what most people need, however I have a 160km drive to get them re-filled so it is nice to have extra backups!

Yeah, OK but I think I would like to have that extra assurance that I always have gas, at the end of the day a 6kg bottle is only $119.00 so what the hell. I can get them filled keeping my own bottle, which I prefer 25kms away or do a swap about 8kms away which I won't do.

18 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah, OK but I think I would like to have that extra assurance that I always have gas, at the end of the day a 6kg bottle is only $119.00 so what the hell. I can get them filled keeping my own bottle, which I prefer 25kms away or do a swap about 8kms away which I won't do.

The 6kg will only cost c.$50 to re-fill @Classic Brewing Co so less than half of buying another. Your choice of course, but the 2.6kg will last you for plenty of kegs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

2nd bottle was supposed to be full but was empty? I have had that happen took it back for a free swap

yeah, i have been using the other bottle  for pressure fermenting for and as back up for 2 years i knew it was going to be close to finished

have a 2.6kg  but its been empty for awhile  and i will be getting that filled   as i have 2x 6kg and a 2.6kg   and heap of bulbs but they wont last long on 19litre kegs

lifes good 1 gets filled tommorow the other 6kg Tuesday  thankgoodness  i haven't ditched the boc account yet as that bottle is my free fill..   

so all good

• Like 2

@ozdevil they last heaps longer than expected with no leaks etc. I only use 2.6kg because convenient with the holder for that size on keggerator. 

Still getting 12 to 15 kegs a bottle carbing and serving. Plus i part fill kegs and run gas to clean lines.  Sounds like you're setup is the way to go when all full. You could be prepared for Appocolipse 

• Like 1