Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

11 hours ago, Cult Of One said:

My Corona clone. Just in time for some warm weather. It actually tastes a lot like the real Corona

In lime season when my tree is groaning I slice and freeze wedges. then they act as flavor and an ices cube for the beer.

B1.jpg

B2.jpg

Hmm, maybe I should freeze some lemon wedges.

• Like 1

A couple of dry malt extract (Coopers Light Dry Malt) primed beers.

011, Steam Beer

IMG_20231022_204410294.thumb.jpg.ca2078bb17daf2a7bdf7f1e1efe0634e.jpg

This was a test bottle to make sure the LDM had fermented out. The rest of the batch, primed with other sugars, has been lagering since the 13th. This bottle lagered for only a day and what remained in the bottle after the first pour was pretty cloudy.

Nevertheless, it tasted like beer (not wort). Pretty good beer, tbh. I really like the way the LDM priming leaves no footprint on the flavour.

009, Blackbeard Schwarzbeir.

IMG_20231022_210913320.thumb.jpg.f8265c77082f920023cac3995388a35a.jpg

This bottle, and it's siblings-by-priming, were sent back to the conditioning cave for another fortnight (after having already spent a couple of weeks lagering) after the first opened one tasted like wort, like the malt hadn't fermented out. Re-conditioning seemed worth a try.

Turns out it was very worthy of a try. Best taste of the lot, I reckon. I may have to consider another multi head to head taste test 

• Like 12

A skunking exbeeriment, yesterday, and something to wash it down in the background.

IMG_20231023_193355579.thumb.jpg.58fd6c49078ed81e4e16090df4a65d4d.jpg

This bottle of 001 sat at the front of the cupboard with the door that won't close exposed to intermittent electric light light for a couple of months. Previous similar exbeeriments suggested that was insufficient to produce any noticeable skunking so I then sat the bottle on the kitchen table for a few weeks 

There was no skunking that I could detect.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Back Brewing said:

I'm quite chuffed at the moment my sister in law and her husband said my stout was better than pirate life's stout

I'll take that as a feather in my cap and keep on keeping on with my brewing

You might me too good for this forum as well then🤣

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Back Brewing said:

I'm quite chuffed at the moment my sister in law and her husband said my stout was better than pirate life's stout

That's nice feedback. Well done.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Back Brewing said:

Did you use a kit? and if so, which one. I have had great success with the Coopers Irish Stout, now a regular on the shopping list.

• Like 1

Tasted a bottle of my Rye-Rish Red Ale tonight

• Very malty aroma with some herbal notes
  • Flavour is also very malty, plus bread crusts and subtle caramel
  • Unfortunately under-carbonated.  It has been 20 days in the bottle, so that should be fine.  Maybe the bottle did not seal very well.
  • Pleasant to drink and look at.  The kegged version will be better as it will be properly carbonated

IMG_3982.JPG.93d646c9a0b730a680cdfb0507749851.JPG

• Like 11

10 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Tasted a bottle of my Rye-Rish Red Ale tonight

• Very malty aroma with some herbal notes
  • Flavour is also very malty, plus bread crusts and subtle caramel
  • Unfortunately under-carbonated.  It has been 20 days in the bottle, so that should be fine.  Maybe the bottle did not seal very well.
  • Pleasant to drink and look at.  The kegged version will be better as it will be properly carbonated

IMG_3982.JPG.93d646c9a0b730a680cdfb0507749851.JPG

If it is a Flensburger bottle it can happen, some just don't seal very well. Saying this, my first batch of Woodforde's NOG Ale took like a month to carbonate, I nearly tipped it all out as the first tastings tasted like lolly water.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

If it is a Flensburger bottle it can happen, some just don't seal very well. Saying this, my first batch of Woodforde's NOG Ale took like a month to carbonate, I nearly tipped it all out as the first tastings tasted like lolly water.

Similar design to a Flensburger.  Also bought in 6-packs from Aldi.  I will mark the cap, and if it happens again, I will chuck it out. 

• Like 3

This is the Draught I bought yesterday from the Brew Factory, a little heady but I will tame it down a bit.

Quite an acceptable beer but lacking hop flavours, not very malty either & lacking bitterness, head retention is OK.

It was only meant to give me a quick keg of beer for the upcoming visit of the Bro & SWMBO.

It was only $65.00, the only trouble was I had to drive to the mid-north to pick it up. 🛻

draught.thumb.jpg.5fea87f220b0632b8b84d63e7a54d162.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 6

49 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

@Classic Brewing Co you will probably wish got 2 of them if get into it too much. If a 19 litre keg it's still cheaper than 2 slabs in comparison 

Fair enough, but the main point is I needed a Keg of beer in a hurry as my brother & his wife are coming down next week for a couple of days so at least I will have beer.

For the record I much prefer my AG brews as this is very ordinary, but there just wasn't time to get one ready.

• Like 1

Belgian Dubbel 🇧🇪 this beer is amazing 🤩

I would put it up there with one of the best beers i have ever tasted! But don’t ask me to describe it but if I read a Belgian Dubbel definition I get it caramel with ripe banana at the finish or at least the belgian spicy yeast???? The best part of this beer is I made it from scratch including the candy! My neighbour loved it also! He also said my hazy IPA was better than the one at the brewery he attended for lunch today! But this beer i have wanted to make for a while and finally got around to it. The flavour is very complex and the colour is consistent with the colour of the candy! Can’t wait for my dad to try it! 🍻 

IMG_1683.heic IMG_1643.heic IMG_1642.heic

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RDT2 said:

Belgian Dubbel 🇧🇪 this beer is amazing 🤩

I would put it up there with one of the best beers i have ever tasted! But don’t ask me to describe it but if I read a Belgian Dubbel definition I get it caramel with ripe banana at the finish or at least the belgian spicy yeast???? The best part of this beer is I made it from scratch including the candy! My neighbour loved it also! He also said my hazy IPA was better than the one at the brewery he attended for lunch today! But this beer i have wanted to make for a while and finally got around to it. The flavour is very complex and the colour is consistent with the colour of the candy! Can’t wait for my dad to try it! 🍻 

IMG_1683.heic 1.14 MB · 1 download IMG_1643.heic 994.13 kB · 0 downloads IMG_1642.heic 1.6 MB · 0 downloads

Good looking beer 🙂 

Your photos are in HEIC (high efficiency image codec) format. That's the default setting on iPhones. It is a better format than JPEG ever was but it always takes a while for software to be adjusted to newer formats. Most software won't recognise the format to show the images. Not sure about Windows 11 but Windows 10 needed an additional codec to display them too and you had to spend 5 bucks or so to get it. Macs know it out of the box since 2017 but you still have to download them from the site to view them. 

You can switch the phone to use JPEG or convert the images using a HEIC to JPEG/PNG converter. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Good looking beer 🙂 

Your photos are in HEIC (high efficiency image codec) format. That's the default setting on iPhones. It is a better format than JPEG ever was but it always takes a while for software to be adjusted to newer formats. Most software won't recognise the format to show the images. Not sure about Windows 11 but Windows 10 needed an additional codec to display them too and you had to spend 5 bucks or so to get it. Macs know it out of the box since 2017 but you still have to download them from the site to view them. 

You can switch the phone to use JPEG or convert the images using a HEIC to JPEG/PNG converter. 

I can't open them either but I double clicked & it gave me the option to "open link in new window' & then if you follow the screen prompts it asked you to save it but in the drop down I changed the format to 'All Files' instead of "HEIC" & it takes you to Play store where you can buy the converter for $1.45.

I am using Windows 10.

• Like 2