Coopers Community

What's in Your Fermenter 2022?

Shamus O'Sean

21 minutes ago, Pickles Jones said:

Went into the FF at 23C which was set at 12C and I brewed it at 12C.

Took a couple of days to crank up then she was away.

That has me thinking it might actually be a lager yeast provided with the tin if it fermented at 12C. Cool.

20 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I only use can yeast, but my fementables are Low.

I also only use can yeast, except on occasions I've reactivated yeast from Coopers stubbies. That's why I have a few spare sachets. I usually don't go above 1kg on fermentables either to keep the ABV in a sessionable range.

19 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Well Muzzy if you have stepped up the adjuncts/yeast it could turn out to be an award winning beer.

I'm not expecting to win any awards in my lifetime, Phil, but if I can produce a cheap, drinkable beer I still feel like a winner. 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

What yeast did you use, Pickles?

I must still be half asleep. I was trying to work out what pickles yeast was.

I've posted before that one of the best beers I've made so far has been a woolies draught, pack of be2, bonus dex (500g I think). It's not gonna win any awards but its super drinkable. I brewed it as a beer to drink after I've had a few other beers. I bought two more cans and I'll probably put one down tomorrow. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, terminal2k said:

I've posted before that one of the best beers I've made so far has been a woolies draught, pack of be2, bonus dex (500g I think). It's not gonna win any awards but its super drinkable. I brewed it as a beer to drink after I've had a few other beers. I bought two more cans and I'll probably put one down tomorrow. 

I agree the Woolies Draught is pretty good too with extras added and at around $10 a can it's not a bad price.

• Like 4

taking advantage of the hot spell in melbourne with some kveik voss action. only pitched my (rehydrated) yeast 4 hours ago and at 32c i've already got colour change of my wort and it looks like there's a mini cyclone going on in the FV.

coopers draught/BE3 with 1 kg partial (800 maris otter, 200 simpson amber), kveik  voss yeast, late hops (galaxy and cascade) at 10 min, 5 min and flameout.

IMG_9073.thumb.jpg.a21ed9b7161547f4f7a46a1d35409f92.jpg

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Stickers said:

taking advantage of the hot spell in melbourne with some kveik voss action. only pitched my (rehydrated) yeast 4 hours ago and at 32c i've already got colour change of my wort and it looks like there's a mini cyclone going on in the FV.

coopers draught/BE3 with 1 kg partial (800 maris otter, 200 simpson amber), kveik  voss yeast, late hops (galaxy and cascade) at 10 min, 5 min and flameout.

IMG_9073.thumb.jpg.a21ed9b7161547f4f7a46a1d35409f92.jpg

you could be drinking that by thursday in  the temps we have been having in vic.

i was going to brew today but didnt want to get  the kettles out as it was way to hot for me

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

you could be drinking that by thursday in  the temps we have been having in vic.

i was going to brew today but didnt want to get  the kettles out as it was way to hot for me

Sook-e-Devil. 🌡️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Sook-e-Devil. 🌡️

mate  when ya was born in a apple create in 6 ft of snow   anything above 25 is a heat wave  and we hibernate lol..

the fact was i slept in today  as i usually start getting brew day ready around 4am   for around 7 am start  mash in (normally  i am wake by then due to body clock)

like to get things done before midday unless winter

so i will wear the Sook-e-Devil tag with pride

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ozdevil said:

i'm thinking of dry hopping in 48 hours and kegging 48 hours after that. might be gassed up and good to go by saturday night 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stickers said:

i'm thinking of dry hopping in 48 hours and kegging 48 hours after that. might be gassed up and good to go by saturday night 🙂

thats how quick that yeast and your going slow on it  lol...

mate looking forward as i am thinking of using the same yeast on few brews soon

• Like 1

I think a 'Wow' emoji is needed for the response to post options. I am a first time brewer; having a standard Coopers lager in the fermenting vessel that came in the box. Looking at some of the rigs in this thread is amazing. All I can say is 'Wow'!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jennyss said:

I think a 'Wow' emoji is needed for the response to post options. I am a first time brewer; having a standard Coopers lager in the fermenting vessel that came in the box. Looking at some of the rigs in this thread is amazing. All I can say is 'Wow'!

Hey @jennyss  Welcome to the forum, this is the place to learn all you need about brewing & more.  A great bunch of blokes & a few girls all willing to offer help & pass on knowledge. There are few very experienced brewers here some even work in breweries, own Breweries & Home Brew Supplies Shops.

Members are from all over the world & after a while you will have made new friends with not only brewers but people who all have other interests as well.

Any questions no matter how stupid it may sound will get answered. Good Luck with your adventure.

Cheers

Phil

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, jennyss said:

Welcome @jennyss, enjoy. As Phil the Classic has said, there is a plethora of really experienced brewers here - so fire away with the questions. Good luck with the brewing adventure. 🍻

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sunday. Bottled the Woolies Lager for the Wife and put another batch in the FV (after a good clean).

Same as last batch, Can and 500g LDM and 100g Dextrose

Today. Bottled a Pale Ale, cleaned up and put in a Draught. (Coopers)

K&K of light dry malt with an extra 200g of Dextrose.

Wait a week.... Repeat !

• Like 3

After some advice - I'm about to do my first dirty batch. What's in the 2 FV's  now is a Bootmaker with Nott yeast. Going to do a Eclipse Pale on the back of the Bootmaker.....

I obviously want to make sure that the new wort going into the FV's is at a temp which is suitable for the yeast cake at the bottom of the Vessel...I don't really have extra fridge space - what would the best method be to get the new wort ( Eclipse) down to an acceptable temp....just time and a cold bath or similar?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stickers said:

IMG_9074.thumb.jpg.95cc34c42819bf06ac7bfaa708f0f017.jpg

yesterday

IMG_9079.thumb.jpg.3a2421a2798faf9d5a97fb40aa6e9a65.jpg

i'm going to give it another day because it's too bloomin hot to do a dry hop but i reckon it's almost done. i pitched the kveik voss 52 hours ago.

i say it is done mate   kveik  is pretty quick