Coopers Community

What's in Your Fermenter 2022?

Shamus O'Sean

I have decided to make this next as it sounds like it would be a great beer. 

I guess it would have been ROTM at some stage, has anyone else brewed this before ?

https://www.diybeer.com/au/recipe/viking-kveik-ipa.html#:~:text=Check the brew temperature and top up to,Voss Kveik Ale Yeast then fit the lid.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 1

Pitched the WLP800 yeast x 4 packs into my Summer Pilsner partial mash 44 L batch this afternoon.  Going to pressure ferment it at 18 C & 15 psi in the big 58 L SS Kegmenter.  Have not used this yeast before so will be interesting to try it under pressure.  Did not get time to do a couple of yeast starters so had to use 4 packs.  Going to do at least two dirty batches following this one in order to get my moneys worth as the yeast alone has cost $50.00

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Now that's different, just a dumb question, why would you do that ? I have heard of & tasted Chili Beer, Honey Beer & so on not not Garlic.

I guess that's what home brewing is all about, trying different things. 

Following this recipe: 

I figure it will make a decent cooking beer if it doesn't tickle my fancy too hard 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

@PintsAtMeLocal ive done a couple double batches of the NW tins come out very good. I always find the quoted alcohol lower for me so put extra 500 grams LDM in for a double. More body head and flavour and great choice with mosaic i like that hop. Currently have frw different ones to try then will try get more of that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jezza jedi said:

@PintsAtMeLocal ive done a couple double batches of the NW tins come out very good. I always find the quoted alcohol lower for me so put extra 500 grams LDM in for a double. More body head and flavour and great choice with mosaic i like that hop. Currently have frw different ones to try then will try get more of that.

Cheers for reply and advice mate. Interesting about the lower alcohol. I'll def try adding some LDM next time. Also first time using the Mosiac.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

Cheers for reply and advice mate. Interesting about the lower alcohol. I'll def try adding some LDM next time. Also first time using the Mosiac.  

coopers say the tins at 8.5 litres after bottle conditioning should come out about 4.9 %. I only find get that after 250 grams LDM extra per tin. Maby its just me not sure.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

2 x Mr Beer NW pale ale. First time using these small tins. To 17 L 

15mins hop boil with 15g Mosiac 

2x kit yeasts

Will do a 50g Mosiac dry hop

Mr Beer North West Pale Ale is a great beer, one of my favourites, I always add LDME for extra zing, I found adding LME even Light it turns out a lot darker, I also find the pre- hopped cans quite nice without adding extra.

• Thanks 1

I stocked on Coopers Cans & stuff this morning, I have a Real Ale & a Stout do do but I called into the other shop as I had a voucher & discovered this MJ Bavarian Wheat Beer Pack on special, normally $45.00 but on special for $29.95 & with my voucher it cost me $10.00 !! Pretty cheap for a Brew. As you can see it comes with WB-06 Yeast & Tettenang Hops - should be nice 😋

20220210_133049.thumb.jpg.bbbf711b715a669323f5f4df18a332e1.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I stocked on Coopers Cans & stuff this morning, I have a Real Ale & a Stout do do but I called into the other shop as I had a voucher & discovered this MJ Bavarian Wheat Beer Pack on special, normally $45.00 but on special for $29.95 & with my voucher it cost me $10.00 !! Pretty cheap for a Brew. As you can see it comes with WB-06 Yeast & Tettenang Hops - should be nice 😋

20220210_133049.thumb.jpg.bbbf711b715a669323f5f4df18a332e1.jpg

Nice score Phil!

Edited by PintsAtMeLocal

On 2/9/2022 at 2:53 PM, PintsAtMeLocal said:

2 x Mr Beer NW pale ale. First time using these small tins. To 17 L 

15mins hop boil with 15g Mosiac 

2x kit yeasts

Will do a 50g Mosiac dry hop

IMG-20220209-WA0013.jpeg

24hr later

How's that colour ?! These little 5g yeasts seem awesome. Lots of activity

20220210_155616.jpg