Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

There was a thread some months ago on consumption re: converting to kegging - I think it was @Aussiekraut & he said you can't see the Butcher's bill when you have beer on tap ( correct me if I am wrong AK ) but I was just thinking with all of the new equipment I have just bought & the absolute novelty of it all I am still trying to figure out whether I am sneaking a couple more in than I normally would, from where I sit I only have to take a few steps & there is a nice array of shiny new taps offering lovely beer, hang on I need another one 🤣 🍻 🥳

20220703_155045.thumb.jpg.1f012335ce4c9c0e05e5f042b2fbe61e.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 7
  • Haha 5

32 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

There was a thread some months ago on consumption re: converting to kegging - I think it was @Aussiekraut & he said you can't see the Butcher's bill when you have beer on tap ( correct me if I am wrong AK ) but I was just thinking with all of the new equipment I have just bought & the absolute novelty of it all I am still trying to figure out whether I am sneaking a couple more in than I normally would, from where I sit I only have to take a few steps & there is a nice array of shiny new taps offering lovely beer, hang on I need another one 🤣 🍻 🥳

20220703_155045.thumb.jpg.1f012335ce4c9c0e05e5f042b2fbe61e.jpg

Yes, I did say something along those lines. When you don’t see empty bottles, you are so much more inclined to have more beers. It’s just so easy. Walk up to the taps, grab a glass and pour some beautiful goodness. Despite the dangers, I love it 😂

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Aussiekraut said:

Yes, I did say something along those lines. When you don’t see empty bottles, you are so much more inclined to have more beers. It’s just so easy. Walk up to the taps, grab a glass and pour some beautiful goodness. Despite the dangers, I love it 😂

I totally agree, the thing is you don't always have to walk up with a Pint glass or a bucket, sneaky schooner/middy glass is OK.

It's still bloody hard to stop as mine keeps calling me, must be the technology. 🤭

• Haha 1

I am not complaining about the neighbours coming over for a quiet Sunday night drink but maybe I should adjust my trading hours.

I am not complaining about anything in fact I feel the fact that they go to to the trouble to spend time with me is a wonderful thing.

Now I can have my spicy Chicken wings, Chips & Coleslaw.

20220703_202050.thumb.jpg.7f436eb2f8dfec12d6552a2d4743fa8d.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Stickers said:

IMG_9650.thumb.jpg.99d04929345c6bc68c8e903d613ee879.jpg

kit (coopers canadian blonde) kilo (BE2) and partial (600g maris otter 400g red x), 2 packets of coopers pale ale yeast and some cascade and amarillo. yum.

1339867662_hops5-07.jpg.6e76f9026297accca75f5f4b8d7c2fe3.jpg

Well I think you "Pimped" the crap out of that one

look's real good!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

First taste of my Cooper's Sparkling Ale

only three weeks in the bottle

Nice, has a bit of Kick too.. will let it age a bit more (but not much more)

It is good to see your beers are improving with experience & persistence David, it is very satisfying to have a library of assorted beers & when you get it right there is nothing better than reaping the rewards & of course sharing it with others. Cheers. 🍻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Coopers Amber Ale

Another special brew I did to share with my son in July, he's not coming now so time for a taste.

It's Good, smooth. Will hold this one back and only have One every few days.

2065334579_20220706_1605562.thumb.jpg.168b77b883bcc78006fe1120ba1e2f37.jpg

20220706_162004.thumb.jpg.7f21dc975911486fba116ac91affd830.jpg

• Like 12

Last of my taste session week Coopers Dark Ale

Dark can, Dark Malt, Carapils, Crystal malt, East Kent Golding Hops.

Wow, this one is full of Flavour with a heavy feel, It's Black As, can't see any bubbles but the head lasted to the last mouthful.

I can see this one being my last drink of the night, love it, wish I had not opened it first today!! Pale not going to cut it after this.

1133949468_darkale.thumb.jpg.2ab5c07fefe797025d884ac5e194a09c.jpg

No sun tonight, crap indoor photo..

• Like 6

On 7/5/2022 at 5:45 PM, DavidM said:

First taste of my Cooper's Sparkling Ale

only three weeks in the bottle

Nice, has a bit of Kick too.. will let it age a bit more (but not much more)

788724639_SparklingAle.thumb.jpg.d6b02fd2c543d53bf7f0d2d528384377.jpg

Your beers always look perfectly carbed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Your beers always look perfectly carbed.

Thanks and I have you good people to thank for it!

I joined this great forum bit over ten months ago.

My first comment was a sad little remark, about how "I had to lift my game as I sat here drinking Flat beer".

This caused quite the reaction, lot's of people wanting to help.

Turned out to be not storing the bottled beer in a place warm enough to Carbonate, cold winters.

Now, I'm very happy with my brews, I've made mistakes, more to come i'm sure but My beer is Good (most of the time).

Thank's to this great Forum 😀🍻

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Turned out to be not storing the bottled beer in a place warm enough to Carbonate, cold winters.

And it is a common occurrence... mate @DavidMgreat that you are enjoying the brewing and the great outcomes!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

100 percent agree. My beers have gone from zero to hero in a couple of years. Just studying and adding my bit when I can. There is a few other brewing forums around but none come close to this for the interaction. Like a big extended family here.

Totally agree, the others aren't even worth your time.

• Like 1

Well at almost 5 weeks and not much left, this real ale with crystal, wheat, some centennial and local hops, is just smooth delightful drinking. I saw a conversation the other day, @interceptor mentioning crystal being cloying sweet, i agree with this and will use less next time. I only added a hop tea and dry hop, so the bitterness was not enough for me. I suppose real ale has crystal in too perhaps?

IMG_20220707_133954.jpg

IMG_20220707_134737.jpg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, DavidM said:

Thanks and I have you good people to thank for it!

I joined this great forum bit over ten months ago.

My first comment was a sad little remark, about how "I had to lift my game as I sat here drinking Flat beer".

This caused quite the reaction, lot's of people wanting to help.

Now, I'm very happy with my brews, I've made mistakes, more to come i'm sure but My beer is Good (most of the time).

Thank's to this great Forum 😀🍻

Does this also apply to the opposite? storing bottles in summer too warm creating too much carbonation? As I mentioned a while back I had problems with volcanic eruptions. I believe that I resolved the hygiene problem by taking extreme care.

In regards of flat beer I realized that all the English Ale kits I brewed so far need about 5 weeks to be nicely carbonated. The first lot I nearly tipped down the drain but it turned into an amazing beer (Woodforde's NOG Ale)

This one here is my Passion Peach Ale (ROTM), after pouring and 10 minutes later. The flavor was very nice but the bubbles never ended.

• Like 1