Notty and kit yeast

IMG_20220623_140456.jpg

IMG_20220623_141027.jpg

IMG_20220623_141155.jpg

IMG_20220623_141346.jpg

Beautiful stuff Pints mate! 👍

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dustin Frothman said:

FE738750-C191-4FE5-86A8-4BAC88ECF259.thumb.jpeg.b53af90fa4b8f8bb880fefe7b781a4a5.jpeg

Russian Imperial Stout (extract) with cold brew espresso infusion. Aged 12 months in the keg.

Wow! A full 12 months? Are you serving it on CO2?

Really looks  the business mate

• Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 11:42 AM, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

Centennial pale ale. Made this with WY1272 American Ale which I resurrected after 18 months of not using. This was my go to yeast before Verdant came along. Not super clean like US05 or notty etc. Has some yeast character with a pleasant nutty taste. Doesn't make the hops pop like Verdant but makes a very nice beer. Its got me thinking of trying a pale ale with a 750ml starter each of Verdant and WY1272. I think that might make something truly awesome.

20220623_193602.jpg

Sounds like it’s worth mastering the yeast to get the flavour profile right 👍

One day at a time…

• Like 2

On 6/24/2022 at 10:21 AM, MitchBastard said:

Got the Munich helles kegged,carbed and pouring. Absolutely stoked with this beer. Hits all the marks in an easy drinking euro lager. This keg won’t last long

A5131468-F379-4EBD-8E5C-516953E3A87C.jpeg

Bet it won’t last long! Do you use finings for that clarity or lager it for ages? 
Looks awesome 😎 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/24/2022 at 7:49 AM, BlackSands said:

I thought I ought have a port-er...

See what I did there? 🤪

Brewed this one for my daughter who came visiting frrom Brissy for a couple of weeks...  been over three years since we last had a beer together!   Not a bad brew  - we managed to demolish half a batch of this one,  quarter batch of a pale ale I also had on hand, the last few bottles of an English bitter and quite a few bottles of a golden ale I also had in stock.  Oh, and then there was the feijoa cider and red wine!  I think she has either a drinking problem or was just making up for the last three years! 🤣

This is a partial mash beer  - Gladfield malts and 1.5kg LME paired up with Bramling Cross and Sticklebract hops:

Porter_Jun2022.jpg

Looks awesome, glad you gad a good time catching up too 😁

• Like 2

On 6/25/2022 at 7:33 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Starting of this afternoon's proceedings with an Ale -  AG Sparkling Ale, just nice, I am going to make more of this & as many others I can to get all of these bad boy tap's working.

1888120485_SPARKLINGALE25022022.thumb.jpg.9d507dc8fce50f8197b32323d661607c.jpg

4 taps mate! Jealous! I’ve still got to set up my nitro bottle with a third stout tap. 
Getting a bit lazy in me old age 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

4 taps mate! Jealous! I’ve still got to set up my nitro bottle with a third stout tap. 
Getting a bit lazy in me old age 

Yes Mate all I need now is 2 more kegs & I am set. I will probably get an extra 1-2 down the track for spares - can't wait to try the Stout Tap.

Once that's all done I will get a Nitro set-up.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 1

I made a couple of batches of feijoa cider back in April/May and thought I'd crack open another bottle last night to see how this second batch is progressing.   We have seven feijoa trees on this property so we had fruit in abundance!  The recipe was just something I dreamt up without really knowing what I was doing!   For this second 20litre batch I used 6 litres of supermarket apple juice, 1.5kg sugar, a MJ Cider Enhancer, a bucket of feijoas and fermented the lot with Kveik Voss. 

The first batch I only used 3 litres of juce and less sugar.  It was lighter - but actually still quite refreshing...probably half-way between cider and seltzer!   And though I used twice as much juice this time I thought this might still taste a little watery given the relatively small amount of apple juice used generally but it's actually full-flavoured and full bodied - probably thanks to the feijoas.    While I did add pectalase it is still presenting with a bit of a haze, no big deal of course.  The only thing laking this time is carbonation.   It was primed for 2.7 VolsCO2 but it's clearly nowhere near that.  Not sure why that is as it's been in bottles for about six weeks now and even spent some of that time being warmed in my fermentation fridge.    🤔 

image.thumb.png.14595319972ae1a85af87c31e0df2bc9.png

Edited by BlackSands
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

tastes awesome

Nice work @Classic Brewing Co Phil mate very nice indeed - and well done on your transition to AG with some supplementary good qual Coopers KnK and then kegging as well - you are galloping along the BBJ** mate big time!

(**BBJ = Beautiful Brewing Journey)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Cracking full bodied IPA with loadsa DH Mozzie and smashed w C02 @55PSI (probs not recommended) overnight for c. 20 hours and then backed off to 12... worked a treat and no hope fade just yet... beautiful beautiful Brew as the Sun goes down 🥳

image.thumb.png.d6957abb42a617ae13d6168056f4e17a.png

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Cracking full bodied IPA with loadsa DH Mozzie and smashed w C02 @55PSI (probs not recommended) overnight for c. 20 hours and then backed off to 12... worked a treat and no hope fade just yet... beautiful beautiful Brew as the Sun goes down 🥳

image.thumb.png.d6957abb42a617ae13d6168056f4e17a.png

Look's Sensational 🍻

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Nice work @Classic Brewing Co Phil mate very nice indeed - and well done on your transition to AG with some supplementary good qual Coopers KnK and then kegging as well - you are galloping along the BBJ** mate big time!

(**BBJ = Beautiful Brewing Journey)

Cheers IP old mate, you are always very kind, don't forget you inspired me to take this journey & I am ever so grateful, 

Without you & other brewing pundits like yourself on this forum I wouldn't have been able to do it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1