Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

5 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Does this also apply to the opposite? storing bottles in summer too warm creating too much carbonation?

To be honest, I do not no but I did an English Bitter in December and it was over Carbonated, so maybe.

Can be warm to hot here in summer, storage area for beer is keep at 20 deg. for winter, not controlled for summer.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Does this also apply to the opposite? storing bottles in summer too warm creating too much carbonation? 

It shouldn't. The yeast can only consume the available sugars. If they have been consumed, there shouldn't be anything left to make it any fizzier.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Does this also apply to the opposite? storing bottles in summer too warm creating too much carbonation? As I mentioned a while back I had problems with volcanic eruptions. I believe that I resolved the hygiene problem by taking extreme care.

In regards of flat beer I realized that all the English Ale kits I brewed so far need about 5 weeks to be nicely carbonated. The first lot I nearly tipped down the drain but it turned into an amazing beer (Woodforde's NOG Ale)

This one here is my Passion Peach Ale (ROTM), after pouring and 10 minutes later. The flavor was very nice but the bubbles never ended.

No it shouldn't make for a gusher. My money is on either an infection of some sort or some debris which causes nucleation. I've had the latter happen to me once when I commando hopped but didn't cold crash. A little bit of hop matter made it into some bottles and caused them to practically empty themselves within a few minutes.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

No it shouldn't make for a gusher. My money is on either an infection of some sort or some debris which causes nucleation. I've had the latter happen to me once when I commando hopped but didn't cold crash. A little bit of hop matter made it into some bottles and caused them to practically empty themselves within a few minutes.

That could be it, need to get a fridge to cold crash

34 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

That could be it, need to get a fridge to cold crash

Now that I have just converted one of my kitchen fridges into a brew fridge, it will hold an Ambi 30l FV I can get back into the routine of cold crashing - it has been a while so will tread carefully, I froze a beer once !!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, interceptor said:

I did tht too, made it into eisbock

The fridge I was using at the time, now the keg fridge, I turned on to the coldest setting & set the controller down way low & I made ice.

Funnily enough after 3-4 days of nursing it back to health & eventually bottling it - it was drinkable so from now on if I cold crash I will be very careful.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

For medicinal purposes only 🤭 nah it's getting cold & going down to 2c overnight so I need something to keep the chill away & I have heard it keeps killer pythons away, so Cheers. 🥳

20220708_153947.thumb.jpg.73cf72535a21f38a9308647a333c081e.jpg

Good for the ol cholesterol 🤫

28 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Tell you what mate it's good for warming up too, our temperature is dropping down to 3c overnight but I don't know what is it is in your country, I imagine you get cold winters too.

Which forecast are you looking at?

7 tonight.