Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

13 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I have some of this COOPERS BREW A IPA left in a keg & the Coopers Bootmaker Pale Ale keg blew last night so I put a few bottles left over from the initial brew in the fridge just to try the difference, I reckon the kegged version is smoother & much easier to drink, it seems to me when you go back to drinking out of bottles there is a slight 'homebrew taste'.

Nevertheless, it is still very enjoyable. Cheers.

20220926_162410.thumb.jpg.a2d23ab21393735724bb80bcfe667e5b.jpg

I've noticed that too Phil. The same beer kegged seems to be smoother and creamier. Bottled version is always harsher.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pale Man said:

I've noticed that too Phil. The same beer kegged seems to be smoother and creamier. Bottled version is always harsher.

Cheers @Pale Man I am glad I am not the only one that notices that. I have had many home brews given to me over the years, some absolutely horrid to undrinkable, others just taste like homemade beer & some that are pretty good, but you can always tell with the froth/foam & the bubbles in the glass. Brewed, carbonated & poured into 'beer clean' glassware helps you get pretty close to keg beer.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pezzza said:

Haha @Classic Brewing Co CBC Head Brewer and Chef... very nice!

And a very nice looking glass as well!👍

Cheers Pezman, as I was saying earlier it pours pretty well from the bottle but different taste than out of the tap.

The glasses I scored a box of 10 opened for $5.00.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 2

Well, just realised my mistake, sorry for misleading anyone!

The Beautiful Amber Ale I've been drinking (sparingly) for the last month.. One left.

I referred to it as "Trendy Trousers Amber Ale" But it was in fact "Parity Amber Ale"

Tonight I sampled the Trendy Trousers Amber and realised my mistake.

Both are very good, first impression is that the Trendy is a slight bit better than the Parity.

But that could be my taste's or the way I brewed them. Both are very Good.

Will get a Pic next time I take the top off the new one.

Sorry..

🍻

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Just was doin some email tidy up and found this Cracking Brew from the nasty fire time - one of my very first Kegged AG Brews... had done Coopers Largie and Swinger Bottlies for a while with great results... and finally started w one keg and a pluto gun and carboxy cyl n reg - was a yummy Amber Ale w lots of octane welly - good for stinkin' hot and smoky times w fires raging all around us 😕

image.thumb.png.a18df88e063baf9704c5c967a5684a71.png

• Like 12

Battleship Bitter  (English Bitter)

Made this one for a Mates birthday, Covid knocked that party out.

Here we are a few months later and this brew has had a bit of time to Age.

In the bottle now for 95 days, taste's good but I think the Amber I tried last night is Better!

No matter taking most of this brew over to his place Saturday for him and others to have (if they want), I'll knock a few back as Well.

20220929_153531.thumb.jpg.327a8b80f7cd48bdcaf4e5b126ce9d66.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

On 9/29/2022 at 3:12 PM, Pezzza said:

nasty fire time

Hi @Pezzza, it gives me the shudders when I look at your photo of the Amber Ale with the hazy background and the shadows on the ground from the smoke haze.  A nice cold beer would be just the thing! We had smoke but no fires close out here near Dubbo, but my father and sister on the south coast of NSW had some very scary times. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Found another bottle of Spirit Of Anzac Ale, 7 month old, lost a bit of its hop aromas and flavours but still really nice. Had a few of this batch gushing out of the bottle after opening but not this one. Must have been dirty bottles.

FF51D073-B818-4CD4-B883-6F77D7B900A4.jpeg

Yep, grubby bottle (the dead Yeast I think)  or an ant gets in. Does it every time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jennyss said:

Hi @Pezzza, it gives me the shudders when I look at your photo of the Amber Ale with the hazy background and the shadows on the ground from the smoke haze.  A nice cold beer would be just the thing! We had smoke but no fires close out here near Dubbo, but my father and sister on the south coast of NSW had some very scary times. 

I remember around 2019/2020 I was near travelling home to Adelaide from West Wyalong heading to Deniliquin & the fires in the Batlow region were raging & the wind blew smoke so thick it was like a fog & the smell was overpowering. I spent a lot of time in the Riverina & I was aware of the danger & terrible circumstances people were suffering.

• Sad 2

A sneak peek of the “almost Pilsner”. 3 days in the keg and just carbed up enough. It needs a few more weeks to mature and clear up but it tastes very pilsnerish so far. Almost Pilsner because I was about a kilo short of Pilsner malt and had to substitute it with pale malt and while I had the necessary Saaz hops, they were lower % AA, so I topped up with a little extra Tettnanger. It will be a pretty nice beer when ready by the look of it.

B7E9626B-AD88-411B-9277-DF7331530375.thumb.jpeg.68a854557bbae681461ff170a0929582.jpeg

• Like 10