Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

6 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

A sneak peek of the “almost Pilsner”. 3 days in the keg and just carbed up enough. It needs a few more weeks to mature and clear up but it tastes very pilsnerish so far. Almost Pilsner because I was about a kilo short of Pilsner malt and had to substitute it with pale malt and while I had the necessary Saaz hops, they were lower % AA, so I topped up with a little extra Tettnanger. It will be a pretty nice beer when ready by the look of it.

Looking nice & 'Pilsnerish' to me AK, nice colour & promising head.

• Like 1

This is delicious. Coopers Innkeeper's Daughter Sparkling Ale tin, a tin of light malt extract and the special ingredient - Coopers commercial ale yeast. 

No clarity to it because I primed the keg with some sugar to keg condition it. It's only 3 weeks old but pretty darn good.

For any novices out there (like me), you don't need much expertise to make good beer. This tin is a ripper and I chose not to add more hops because I figure I don't need to pimp a good quality extract. However I would recommend watching the tutorial video on harvesting Coopers yeast and giving it a go. It's definitely worth trying. This is PQP - premium quality pi55.😁

IMG_20221005_165313.jpg

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Malter White said:

This is delicious. Coopers Innkeeper's Daughter Sparkling Ale tin, a tin of light malt extract and the special ingredient - Coopers commercial ale yeast. 

No clarity to it because I primed the keg with some sugar to keg condition it. It's only 3 weeks old but pretty darn good.

For any novices out there (like me), you don't need much expertise to make good beer. This tin is a ripper and I chose not to add more hops because I figure I don't need to pimp a good quality extract. However I would recommend watching the tutorial video on harvesting Coopers yeast and giving it a go. It's definitely worth trying. This is PQP - premium quality pi55.😁

IMG_20221005_165313.jpg

Looks good Muzzy err.. Malter, doesn't have to be clear, it would taste great. I have made it before & enjoy it.

I am not that fussed about re-harvesting yeast as I feel the supplied yeasts with brews like that are sufficient.

As you say it is PQP. 🤭

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 10/3/2022 at 12:36 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

I remember around 2019/2020 I was near travelling home to Adelaide from West Wyalong heading to Deniliquin & the fires in the Batlow region were raging & the wind blew smoke so thick it was like a fog & the smell was overpowering. 

To Adelaide from WW via Denny?  Smoke must have been thick as you sorta got a bit lost. ha ha.😆

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Malter White said:

IMG_20221005_165313.jpg

Looks blarrrdy delicious MW, @Malter White might give this one a crack.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mickep said:

Looks blarrrdy delicious MW, @Malter White might give this one a crack.

It's a few bucks more than the Original and International tins, Mick, but worth it in my opinion. I'd probably suggest you might want to add a little extra dextrose or reduce the volume if you like your beer with a little more oomph. I made this to 24 litres to suit my 8l kegs so it only came in at around 3.8% ABV. Still a great tasting beer though.

Edited by Malter White
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Malter White said:

It's a few bucks more than the Original and International tins, Mick, but worth it in my opinion. I'd probably suggest you might want to add a little extra dextrose or reduce the volume if you like your beer with a little more oomph. I made this to 24 litres to suit my 8l kegs so it only came in at around 3.8% ABV. Still a great tasting beer though.

I agree the Bootmakers/Brew A & The Inkepers are only $27.00 at Big W still cheap when you consider that you get 2+ cartons of Beer out of it.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Tone boy said:

So the sourness has completely gone?

Yes, or it got balanced out by the bitterness of the hops. Maybe my son was right and it was an unknown flavour from the Simcoe. I was just really worried cause over summer I had a few explosions and bottle vulcanos probably due to hygiene. I started to be extremely careful now and started to doubt my brewing skills. The last two longnecks where really good. Only one left😢

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Even though you've enhanced the pic mate - I still can't see the cheap phone. 🤣

Yeah, well he has always been a tightar.... & it doesn't take very good pictures but that's OK, he used to only use half the box of BE2, I told him to use the lot & know he calls it full strength 🤣

I also told him I add at least 500gm of extra malt, yeast nutrient as well as 50+gms of hops but he won't spend the extra, as long as he is happy what the hell.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah, well he has always been a tightar.... & it doesn't take very good pictures but that's OK, he used to only use half the box of BE2, I told him to use the lot & know he calls it full strength 🤣

I also told him I add at least 500gm of extra malt, yeast nutrient as well as 50+gms of hops but he won't spend the extra, as long as he is happy what the hell.

Does yeast nutrient really make a big difference? never used any, so I am curious

• Like 1