Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Miserable cold, rainy day I decided to make a Beef & Vegetable soup, there is so much meat on these beef bones & I added some lentils & a little pasta for more body, fresh bread & a glass of wine. 🍷

20220822_144001.jpg

20220822_170827.jpg

20220822_185039.jpg

Yeah, great hearty comfort food @Classic Brewing Co. Don't fret it will only be a little time till we are all sweltering again!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Mickep said:

I see you're still posting here Sainter - you survived the long frozen steak after all. 😃

No need for the bugles mate 🤣

TBH it wasn’t the best. A bit gamey, and not necessarily in a good way. Never mind, a bit more space in the freezer …

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, stquinto said:

No need for the bugles mate 🤣

TBH it wasn’t the best. A bit gamey, and not necessarily in a good way. Never mind, a bit more space in the freezer …

How long can a steak stay in the freezer ?

Yeah it is a topic that comes up regularly, I was taught 6 months if it was frozen properly but we have all left them in there longer, my personal opinion is a maximum of 12 months, again if it is frozen properly, I know some will disagree but there is nothing worse when someone pulls out some steaks with freezer burn covered in ice looking all blue 😬 it can actually make you crook.

How Long Can Steak Stay in the Fridge or Freezer?

• Haha 1

On 8/24/2022 at 4:51 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

How long can a steak stay in the freezer ?

Yeah it is a topic that comes up regularly, I was taught 6 months if it was frozen properly but we have all left them in there longer, my personal opinion is a maximum of 12 months, again if it is frozen properly, I know some will disagree but there is nothing worse when someone pulls out some steaks with freezer burn covered in ice looking all blue 😬 it can actually make you crook.

How Long Can Steak Stay in the Fridge or Freezer?

As a fridgy we were taught after 3 months it's only good for a stew or the dog.

Having said that, wooly mammoth has been eaten rather recently

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2019/12/permafrozen-dinner/604069/

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, JoeB7 said:

As a fridgy we were taught after 3 months it's only good for a stew or the dog.

Having said that, wooly mammoth has been eaten rather recently

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2019/12/permafrozen-dinner/604069/

Nice looking burrito ! Quite an interesting read too...

@Classic Brewing Co I'm sure 6 months is better than 12 but if the steak is well covered (cling film then sous vide ideally, if not just sous vide) at least you won't get freezer burn. I've found a year is OK all the same.

I recognise that 18 months was too much, but I didn't want to bin it. Tight fisted b@*tard I am 😉

Edited by stquinto
typo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Nice looking burrito ! Quite an interesting read too...

@Classic Brewing Co I'm sure 6 months is better than 12 but if the steak is well covered (cling film then sous vide ideally, if not just sous vide) at least you won't get freezer burn. I've found a year is OK all the same.

I recognise that 18 months was too much, but I didn't want to bin it. Tight fisted b@*tard I am 😉

Yeah I have seen the way some people freeze meat & expect it to be the same 6-12 months later, vacuum/crivo packaging is by far the safest.

• Like 3

Strog-on-and-off Beef n Mushies... Chuck Steak seared w onions n bitsnpieces and then nice Chicken Stock and some lovely local Shiraz Rosé wine... casseroled it in the Pressure Cooker then reduced... Breite Butter Nudeln... yummbo

Fffar out tho - I think I am going to fall asleep well before the Footy starts on the Telly

Mmm ... after the big AG Beers and then the vast Feed...but I have done most of the washing up--kitchen tidy up ; )

image.thumb.png.6bb6fc3f0ba82e795e3684f7b9b02669.png

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Garlic/Chilli Prawns - this was supposed to be an entre but I am replete after pigging the lot !!

A few wines, Chocolate & Port & off to Snoozeland. 😴

20220826_185110.thumb.jpg.b6611bb760c832f39e98739144fd6eb3.jpg

Good for you mate ! Looks awesome, with your signature timbale 👍

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RDT2 said:

Chicken wing pieces smoked with olive tree wood really really nice. Indirect high heat!

D95632A9-E2D0-4179-A416-28B0B2A1E671.jpeg

Looks brilliant mate 👍Nice idea with the tin foil, might just give it a try when doing the steak indirect, cheers for the tip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1