Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

Sneaky late evening little snack-attack Pizza... apologies to those who are not in Avo... but this turned out very nice : )

Using the super-heated Dutch Oven method - Lid on to begin with - then lid off - and with a pizza stone up above for a bit of grill-off on the top to finish : )

No super-sourdough base just plain old dry yeast and hard high protein bread flour - came up ok 

Lovely with a glass of Barossa Semillon : )

Best I get to bed before the trouble starts 😜

image.thumb.png.73a80f97f46ba317629df9cc5c184697.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Sneaky late evening little snack-attack Pizza... apologies to those who are not in Avo... but this turned out very nice : )

Using the super-heated Dutch Oven method - Lid on to begin with - then lid off - and with a pizza stone up above for a bit of grill-off on the top to finish : )

No super-sourdough base just plain old dry yeast and hard high protein bread flour - came up ok 

Lovely stuff IP mate 👍👍👍

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Looks delish IP, fantastic late night snack. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mickep said:

Looks delish IP, fantastic late night snack. 

Cheers @Mickep I was pretty chuffed with the turnaround time for the base starting from scratch and the dry yeast it all worked out pretty nice...  the remaining dough has gone overnight so it might work out even better tonight... 😋

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Stuffed ourselves with a yummy curry last night. I know this thread is for home-made stuff but it was so good it might give some inspiration (certainly does me)…

It looks wonderful @stquinto, even the authentic Indian beer - Kingfisher!

• Like 3

Nowhere near as flash as @stquinto Sainter's London Brekky but that post did inspire me ; )

Bit surprised no Beans on that Brekky @stquinto Sainter?  Not quite the "Full English" then mate haha?

Tomatoes are expensive and not so festive at the moment... so only had some nice home-made TommyChilliChutney from this year's festively ripe garden egg/Roma Tommies ; )

Apologies to all those not into the Shrooms but I think they are a beautiful thing and a bit of a "Gut Filler" as opposed to a Keg Filler haha! 😄

image.thumb.png.c632fa50d07e1578c11a51aa98ab8b54.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Nowhere near as flash as @stquinto Sainter's London Brekky but that post did inspire me ; )

Bit surprised no Beans on that Brekky @stquinto Sainter?  Not quite the "Full English" then mate haha?

Tomatoes are expensive and not so festive at the moment... so only had some nice home-made TommyChilliChutney from this year's festively ripe garden egg/Roma Tommies ; )

Apologies to all those not into the Shrooms but I think they are a beautiful thing and a bit of a "Gut Filler" as opposed to a Keg Filler haha! 😄

image.thumb.png.c632fa50d07e1578c11a51aa98ab8b54.png

Mate, that looks the biz 👍

There were plenty of bean options, had to leave space for lunch and all that 😉

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Pie for lunch yesterday , and gammon, chips and egg…

Yummm

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-62521930

Good to hear you are still ok Sainter mate - given the prevailing challenging conditions - please take care mate given the obvious  difficult ambient conditions and make sure you remain well hydrated : )

Probably hasn't rained in at least a cuppla weeks? 😆

UK heatwave: London officially declared in drought

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Yummm

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-62521930

Good to hear you are still ok Sainter mate - given the prevailing challenging conditions - please take care mate given the obvious  difficult ambient conditions and make sure you remain well hydrated : )

Probably hasn't rained in at least a cuppla weeks? 😆

UK heatwave: London officially declared in drought

Cheers IP mate! Pretty dry here indeed, they’re not used to it… anything over 25C and they start getting into a flap. Each winter far more old folk die from the cold, but that never gets a mention.

I’m staying hydrated alright, maybe not the right liquid though 🤔

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Life in the fast lane Stquinta !! 😋

Rolling all the way to the airport mate…

I must admit, we are lucky in Europe that we can do these trips fairly easily, but I’ve had enough now 😕

My lad is as happy as larry and doesn’t believe it ever rains here, more fool him 🤣

Hope your summer comes soon 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, stquinto said:

Rolling all the way to the airport mate…

I must admit, we are lucky in Europe that we can do these trips fairly easily, but I’ve had enough now 😕

My lad is as happy as larry and doesn’t believe it ever rains here, more fool him 🤣

Hope your summer comes soon 👍

Yep you certainly are, we definitely can't wait for summer but we are starting to get closer to Spring & the days are getting sunnier & warmer. 🍖🥩 🍻🍷

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

That Goodman sounds like a reasonable option for a steak feed hey @stquinto Sainter?

https://www.goodmanrestaurants.com/our-meat

Well it ain’t cheap IP mate, but their beef is amazing 🤩 

I’d rather have one decent steak meal and eat veggies the rest of the week (well, sort of…) that three mediocre ones…

8662C3D5-AB97-422F-855B-98B8058FFD25.jpeg

7CB219CB-DEBE-4EA2-9D4A-70BC1EE1924A.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Well it ain’t cheap IP mate, but their beef is amazing 🤩 

I know aged beef is expensive & the meat would be good but I would be attacking it with my Chef's Knife to get rid of that fat.

I know some people tell you it's flavour & I have even heard some sat it's the best part. Not this little black duck, I hate fat & remove any trace but I do enjoy my meat lean.

• Haha 1