Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

Crispy skin Salmon, baked veggies and butter lettuce salad.... probably hammered the poor veggies a bit too much and the home made Remoulade (my Mayo) was a bit liquidy but tasted very good : )

image.thumb.png.13850017d7ceb981e7eb5348a2b4fb04.png

Opportunities for improvement 😜

Not particularly nicely presented and probably also drowned the lettuce as well : | but there was some pretty heavy weather in the Kitch last evening ; )

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Crispy skin Salmon, baked veggies and butter lettuce salad.... probably hammered the poor veggies a bit too much and the home made Remoulade (my Mayo) was a bit liquidy but tasted very good : )

IP, still looks the business mate - just love crispy skin salmon. Do you mind sharing the mayo recipe mate? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Not particularly nicely presented and probably also drowned the lettuce as well

Looks a good mix IP, I would have served the salad in a separate bowl & maybe the sauce too but I guess it comes down how much you like dishwashing. I too like crispy skin salmon. 🐠

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

image.thumb.png.317d2d9697e3f300edb801059a2c2734.png

On top of what looked a magnificent meal.... you needed a magnificent Aussie Wine @stquinto Sainter : )

Had this with the Salmon last night and it was very nice - think it woulda been goodo w Chooker too ; )

PS not so sure you can get Brucellosis infection of Vino but maybe I have missed something here @stquinto too which is very possible?

Rose' is a good choice with Salmon, looks a bit like it would come from somewhere near your nick of the wood's too !!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mickep said:

IP, still looks the business mate - just love crispy skin salmon. Do you mind sharing the mayo recipe mate? 

MUST

MUST

MUST

not use Olive Oil 

if you use the Stick Blender Method... dear oh dear - took me a while to work that out... and these fellas were the ones to help - they are in general pretty good the ol Serious Eats

https://www.seriouseats.com/two-minute-mayonnaise

And then I just add nice baby capers, pref spanish/purple onion fine chop and some nice gherkins... think that's pretty much it : )

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

image.thumb.png.317d2d9697e3f300edb801059a2c2734.png

On top of what looked a magnificent meal.... you needed a magnificent Aussie Wine @stquinto Sainter : )

Had this with the Salmon last night and it was very nice - think it woulda been goodo w Chooker too ; )

PS not so sure you can get Brucellosis infection of Vino but maybe I have missed something here @stquinto too which is very possible?

Yeah, bad luck on the vino. I misquoted - brett infection, smelled of the cowshed 🤨

https://www.awri.com.au/industry_support/winemaking_resources/frequently_asked_questions/brettanomyces-faq/#title1

Your rosé and salmon look mighty fine mate!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, interceptor said:

Why? I have made many a good aioli with olive oil in a robo.

I just read what they said but not convinced

well I did a few to begin with using the hand mixer stick blender approach using EVOO - and I did not think that they tasted that nice

more bitter

and when I used other oil like grapeseed oil or some nice oilseed oil - it was very good

So...

I am prepared to say that I would recommend that if you use a stick blender in a nice cylinder similar to blend in to constrain the volume - that similar size diameter to the stick blender - that I would not recommend EVOO

However... if you are doing it by hand - then help yourself and it should be fine

Just my experience in my humble opinion...

I don't know what "a Robo" is sorry...

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, interceptor said:

PXL_20220808_103756837.thumb.jpg.d3dc99752da4725e98c2052b4a6e604c.jpg

Great looking pizza mate 👍

Yeah, brett in a Belgian beer is nice, not necessarily what you're looking for in a wine though... A mate of mine here is a winemaker, he told me he got it once in some barrels and he had to filter the lot, but managed to recover it. Then do some UV treatment to the barrels or something. When I offered him one of my Orval clones he gave me a funny look - I don't think he believed that it was sought after in some beers.

Edited by stquinto
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, interceptor said:

You have a whisk attachment? 

Naarggh just the basic blades stick blender thing and I think it is too harsh

If it had a whisk attachment it probs wouldn't be that bad... 

But the other oils work fine with the nasty vicious stick blender blades -- just not EVOO (which I use just about in everything else so I don't miss out don't worry) 👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mickep said:

Some home made hot chilli venison snags from the son-in-law. (Very good I must say) 

Some Chook wings and a little Som tum as well. 

297755182_751941092739092_2992881367710513944_n.jpg

298222876_1153485885567652_8141290179092888567_n.jpg

297416542_630429258263125_4720754418721693240_n.jpg

297644749_752571375978266_6433563793503954007_n.jpg

Lovely looking snags there Mick mate! 
And the rest of course 👍

• Thanks 1