Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

8 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Can you @Mickep please provide for us Luddites who long for enlightenment on beautiful fresh spicy chilli sauces please mate ?

Birdseye chilli finely sliced, fish sauce, lime juice to taste, and grated dissolved palm sugar sugar - that's it...Tan puts heaps of chilli in there and just makes sure it's well balanced to taste. Anyways that's the basis of it IP - it's as Hot as F - but it's magnificent for the sinuses. 😂

Edited by Mickep
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Mickep said:

Birdseye chilli finely sliced, fish sauce, lime juice to taste, and grated dissolved palm sugar sugar

Thanks @Mickep mate - I probably won't make it quite as fiery but it my idea of a good time - thank you 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Thanks @Mickep mate - I probably won't make it quite as fiery but it my idea of a good time - thank you 🙂

Go on IP, fire it up mate! Only live once. We have this on just about everything mate. Rice, all meat and quite often vege as well. It especially likes seafood - mussels and prawns....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/5/2022 at 9:22 AM, Itinerant Peasant said:

Bit of a fresh-never-frozen-Salmon Cerviche-ish thing for later on... Fresh Ginger Garlic Onion, Black Pepper and liquid stuff including mild White Wine Vinegar-Condiment, Chilli Oil, WW Verjuice, and Coconut Milk : )

Nice with a full bodied cleansing AG Ale I would suggest 😋

And a bit bizarre but am thinking best eaten with choppers (chop-sticks) 👍

image.thumb.png.74c067f51baf7cbab916de41dad78ca2.png

Nice looking stuff IP mate 👍👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Nice Friday evening: beers in the lake, big bottle of Duvel, and a T-bone and chips. And some red 🙂

05DD7206-BBC2-47DA-8EF0-3C3B0C1F23CF.jpeg

07C6C8C0-75F2-49FD-A906-0506EE7A992E.jpeg

FA8A8D40-8052-403A-916F-13FA9739A47B.jpeg

993979CE-5DA0-4ED7-9BFF-BB582C567CAE.jpeg

AC1DC8FD-95D4-4361-BF1A-86EEE60C04CB.jpeg

I am looking forward to some of that warmth returning to us down here @stquinto, I am over winter at present! Not that my winter is anywhere near as cold as yours.

Looks like a great Friday arvo and evening.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, stquinto said:

T-bone and chips.

Phaaarque @stquinto yer making me hungry and I am supposed to have already eaten!?

Might have to have a look back in the fridge and see if there is anything tasty back in there?!?

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Haha 2

Marinated Butterflied Shoulder of Lamb tonight, garlic, lemon, rosemary, pepper, salt & a few vegetables, I was going to make a gravy but Hot English Mustard is easier.

I admit the Lamb ended up slightly overdone as it was resting under foil but it is how I like it. I don't like farm noises while I am eating, hey Stquinta,  🤭 it was as tender as & full of flavour. 

20220806_182150.jpg

20220806_183604.jpg

20220806_200341.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Marinated Butterflied Shoulder of Lamb tonight, garlic, lemon, rosemary, pepper, salt & a few vegetables, I was going to make a gravy but Hot English Mustard is easier.

I admit the Lamb ended up slightly overdone as it was resting under foil but it is how I like it. I don't like farm noises while I am eating, hey Stquinta,  🤭 it was as tender as & full of flavour. 

20220806_182150.jpg

20220806_183604.jpg

20220806_200341.jpg

Bootiful Phil

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Superb looking dinner there Phil, only the lamb is over done for me  Mine has to be practically fresh road kill.

BTW I visited Pooncarie pub a few weeks back on my way home from the NT and I wanted to buy a couple of stubbie holders. They said sorry do not have any of those, no stock at all.  I asked "how about some stubbie coolers then" and they gave me a funny look so I skolled my pint and exited stage left.

Yeah I know, I am only stuffing with ya! ha ha 🤣

You had better get your salesman hat on and give em a call, or maybe they cannot afford to buy any so beware.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Superb looking dinner there Phil, only the lamb is over done for me  Mine has to be practically fresh road kill.

BTW I visited Pooncarie pub a few weeks back on my way home from the NT and I wanted to buy a couple of stubbie holders. They said sorry do not have any of those, no stock at all.  I asked "how about some stubbie coolers then" and they gave me a funny look so I skolled my pint and exited stage left.

Yeah I know, I am only stuffing with ya! ha ha 🤣

You had better get your salesman hat on and give em a call, or maybe they cannot afford to buy any so beware.

Cheers Al, good to hear from you after your journey, the lamb is really nice & tender, the bit I ate came from the end & is overdone slightly but it is still quite pink in the middle.

I have supplied the Pooncarrie Pub before but not since covid.  I will follow it up Cheers.

A bit of info re: Stubby Holders/Stubby Coolers;

There are different names for these in Australia.

As Australians, stubby holders are a must-have drink accessory, no matter what season or occasion it may be. These drink holders are called by different names by the Aussies, yet we all still know the same dependable party must-have that we all use and love. It is called stubby holders, stubby coolers, drink sleeve, and can coolers. In the US, these are called koozies which are claimed to be a brand name. However, stubby coolers in Brisbane are called “stubby” after 375ml bottles of beer. As these specific bottles of beer are typically shorter and fatter unlike the taller exported beer bottles with long noses and slim bodies, stubby holders are compared to the shorter beer bottles while designed to be flexible enough to snuggly fit all bottles and cans.

Using a stubby holder can reduce the rate a drink warms in the sun by up to 50%.

As drink insulators, stubby coolers are known to keep drinks chilled while being under the sun or under hot weather circumstances. Originally, these were to be used outdoors but nowadays these stubby coolers are widely used even indoors or while in transit. Due to the thick yet flexible neoprene material, stubby coolers is said to have been proven to reduce the rate of any drink warming up when placed under the sun by up to 50%. For those who enjoy a cold beverage during a hot summer day or for those who love getting that numbing brain freeze once they slurp on their favourite soda, stubby holders are simply god-sent. No need to get pressured into finishing a can of beer in one go and no need to also waste another good bottle of ale just because it is not as cold as it was when it was opened a couple of minutes ago.

Stubby coolers keep the drinker’s hand warm and dry.

Probably one of the best features of the handy stubby coolers is that they keep the condensation from the bottle or can away from the drinker’s hands. Imagine how many wooden furniture and hard-to-clean surfaces have stubby holders saved over the last 10 years! With stubby holders, you can easily bring your drink from one place to another without worrying about getting anything wet. These handy drink accessories hold in all of the condensation while keeping your drink chilled and cool for a longer period of time. Even if you get to bring drinks inside the car for the passengers to enjoy or if you carry your beer from one table to another, you will never have to worry about those sneaky water rings ever again.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Might have to have a look back in the fridge and see if there is anything tasty back in there?!?

Woohoo...rice paper pork sword roll!?!  So this is with a tasty sage n rosemary coarse grind tasty pork snagggler.... So inspired by @Mickep and feeling hungry...  we did a pork sword rice paper roll wow how taschty !?!  Yummmmmmmy

image.thumb.png.c4073435f86ef8713204df8663067509.png

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Woohoo...rice paper pork sword roll!?!  So this is with a tasty sage n rosemary coarse grind tasty pork snagggler.... So inspired by @Mickep and feeling hungry...  we did a pork sword rice paper roll wow how taschty !?!  Yummmmmmmy

image.thumb.png.c4073435f86ef8713204df8663067509.png

Excellent midnight feast IP !!!! 

• Haha 1

Roast chook. Normally I serve it the winter way - roast spuds, green veg, carrots, gravy, stuffing….

I think I’d rather wait a few months to do it the proper way… on top of that the wine I chose ( a Burgundy) seemed to have a brucellosis problem 😳

tasted ok but smelled like old saddlebags 🥵

still drank it though

2DC1B6BA-7273-46B8-BAE9-74FCA3A77E38.jpeg

E8FCC503-1F24-4B0D-80B9-671FE77E9A2A.jpeg

Edited by stquinto
Forgot the photos … doh!
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, stquinto said:

Roast chook. Normally I serve it the winter way - roast spuds, green veg, carrots, gravy, stuffing….

I think I’d rather wait a few months to do it the proper way… on top of that the wine I chose ( a Burgundy) seemed to have a brucellosis problem 😳

tasted ok but smelled like old saddlebags 🥵

still drank it though

All looks beautiful mate. Shame about the vino though. The spuds look damn fine too Sainter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, stquinto said:

on top of that the wine I chose ( a Burgundy) seemed to have a brucellosis problem

image.thumb.png.317d2d9697e3f300edb801059a2c2734.png

On top of what looked a magnificent meal.... you needed a magnificent Aussie Wine @stquinto Sainter : )

Had this with the Salmon last night and it was very nice - think it woulda been goodo w Chooker too ; )

PS not so sure you can get Brucellosis infection of Vino but maybe I have missed something here @stquinto too which is very possible?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1