Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

9 hours ago, stquinto said:

Used every pot in the house I think

Very nice Stquinta, impressive, looks like you are running a Takeaway with all of that !!

I had a budget, cheat's version of Chicken Curry.

I was going to the Supermarket but I thought just use up what you have got & go shopping tomorrow.

I steamed 6 x Chicken Drumsticks, skinned & removed all of the meat, added 3 x cups of water to a pkt of Continental Dutch Curry & rice soup, cooked chopped onion, garlic, celery, carrot & potato with chilli & extra curry powder, combined & simmered it chuck it on some Macaroni & I just used some celery leaves for a garnish.

It was a winner.

20220904_192549.thumb.jpg.8a124cc213478860a87b24fa88c06e77.jpg

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Haha now you've got me goin' @Mickep haha! 

I shall endeavour to pick up my game : )

Mate, I remember in another time - probably back in the '60's the uncles and the old man ordering pub grub like a mixed grill and it was falling off the plate there was so much on it - the city pubs don't have it on the menus anymore and the Country pubs are slowly resisting as well....well except for the outta the way  establishments - where you can still order the traditional Mixed grill....love it - very Aussie.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mickep said:

....well except for the outta the way  establishments - where you can still order the traditional Mixed grill....love it - very Aussie.

Country town truckstops is where I came across them when I was on the road

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mickep said:

Mate, I remember in another time - probably back in the '60's the uncles and the old man ordering pub grub like a mixed grill and it was falling off the plate there was so much on it - the city pubs don't have it on the menus anymore and the Country pubs are slowly resisting as well....well except for the outta the way  establishments - where you can still order the traditional Mixed grill....love it - very Aussie.

Yes I remember the Pub Mixed Grill nights, you even got a piece of steak & the good old Roadhouse's, they were alright too when you have been driving all day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not every night is stuff-your-face night:

Orrechiette con Cimo de Rapa , and even prepped a load for a few more dinners. Fry up a bit of garlic, some chili flakes, a handful of pine nuts, and a cuppla anchovies, then cook your orrechiette (if dried, 11 minutes, if fresh - obv better, 5) and add the cimo de rapa 5 minutes from the end. Chuck it in to the garlic mix,  and some Parmesan, and cook it another minute.Make sure you get some pasta water in.. Yum 

Then tomorrow have a f#*k-off steak coz you deserve it 😉

I even bought shed loads of the stuff to blanche then freeze. I obviously want to take care of myself (My Body Is A Temple, as regular readers would know), or have steak the next day.  

The jury’s out on that one ☝️ 

6BF541D0-CA03-4198-BDB4-65389C9B47F8.jpeg

2D27884C-9C73-41D5-A63B-2606A4A6005E.jpeg

D55B3B6F-136D-468B-82AA-77F6FCA6A78C.jpeg

• Like 4

On 9/3/2022 at 5:14 PM, stquinto said:

Also some figs from the neighbour’s tree

@stquinto, Before I read your name and realised the figs are growing in the northern hemisphere I was thinking whaaat? - as fig trees in most parts of Australia ripen from December to April. I have a big fig tree and make kilos of jam every year from Feb to April. My tree does not even have any leaves at the moment.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, jennyss said:

@stquinto, Before I read your name and realised the figs are growing in the northern hemisphere I was thinking whaaat? - as fig trees in most parts of Australia ripen from December to April. I have a big fig tree and make kilos of jam every year from Feb to April. My tree does not even have any leaves at the moment.

Ah yes Jennyss, we’ve got opposite seasons here 😉

I love to hear about your stuff down under, as I hope you don’t mind my stuff up here..

Where I am is a bit particular as we have a bit more snow ..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

WOW

YUM

Saw it on a cooking show on the Telly not that long ago...

And now I get to see the real thing... nice work @stquinto Sainter

Yum

Home made Pasta? 

Shop bought pasta this time IP ! I have a pasta machine (although that type doesn’t need a machine), I think I’ve used it twice in 10 years. It’s waiting patiently in the cellar, between the bread machine and the popcorn maker 😉

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Shop bought pasta this time IP ! I have a pasta machine (although that type doesn’t need a machine), I think I’ve used it twice in 10 years. It’s waiting patiently in the cellar, between the bread machine and the popcorn maker 😉

Yes mate me too... and with a bit of effort... well a fair amount of effort -- it can be done... mine sits up above me here on the shelf : )  Have made some lovely stuff with it but is more fun when there is lots of time and there are willing assistants that have interest in the process and completion thereof : )  But yer can make nice stuff with loadsa eggs and fine herbs through the folds... and does taste yum...  and it is extra work. 

But I suspect you guys in Euro-Land can buy lovely lovely pre-made fresh or dry with relative ease anyway 👍

That all looked v taschty indeed @stquinto Sainter!

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1