Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

3 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Ah Ha it is Pan Fried.

I actually pan fried it, or shallow fried it to be a bit more accurate, but not using olive oil. The olive oil I have is too good a quality to fry stuff like that evenly. I keep an old screw-top wine bottle with peanut oil or sunflower oil specially for shallow frying chicken. I then let it cool, and filter it through a tea strainer back in the wine bottle. I do the same for the chip oil, but this one I keep seperate.

The pic in the middle is the book it came from. The one at the bottom is my go-to pasta book. If I get three recipes from a cook book that I add to my list of dishes I consider the book a good buy (I get them from https://www.bookdepository.com/ for a decent price, I'll be buggered if I'm financing some f*#ker's trip to space to have him come back to earth and give me a lecture about not taking a plane...)

The recipes from this bloke Gino suit me quite well. I don't know about you but some chefs' way of cooking suit you quite well and others not:

Gino d'Acampo > great

Rick Stein > pretty good / great

Jamie Oliver > OK

Nigella Lawson > I just look at the pictures

Heston Blumenthal > forget it

any Yank book using cups > forget it

... you get my drift...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, stquinto said:

Rick Stein > pretty good / great       THE BEST

Jamie Oliver > OK                            AS GOOD

Nigella Lawson > I just look at the pictures   AGREED - NICE PICTURES

Heston Blumenthal > forget it  WAN......

I also have an appreciation for Gordon Ramsay & a lot of the French Chef's, also there a great Italian & so on - the list is endless but as you would know a lot of the overweight Yanks etc just keep banging on.

I do also really enjoy the really big BBQ competition events, awesome.

2 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Yeah, Mate I am with you

• Haha 1

How's this another Aussie brand gone to China, what's happening to the good old Ozzy Pie, soon we will need chopsticks to eat one 🥧

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/four-n-twenty-pies-and-lean-cuisine-are-now-owned-by-hong-kong-company-and-no-longer-australian/ar-AA11RAoj?ocid=BingHp01&cvid=82ac450332b6401dc8f628a43e6ac464

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, terminal2k said:

stuff 4n20, give me a villis anyday

We are all different with different tastes, but I worked around the corner from Villis and had lunch there often.

Was never a fan of their Pies..

And yes, sad to see 4'n 20 being sold off to China.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Tonight, an old-fashioned favorite, Pickled Pork - a bit like the swine version of Corned Beef 🐖 but it was great with steamed vege's & a White Wine, mushroom & Pepper Gravy. Oh yes Squinta some wine 🍷

20220916_191728.thumb.jpg.66dcb39148e74e66044ad30eab418e8e.jpg

Lovely looking stuff mate! Looks like what the Irish call “bacon and cabbage”. My grandparents used to make that - boiled bacon and pease pudding. Can’t get the same cut here unfortunately. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, stquinto said:

Lovely looking stuff mate! Looks like what the Irish call “bacon and cabbage”. My grandparents used to make that - boiled bacon and pease pudding. Can’t get the same cut here unfortunately. 

Cheers, it was so tender & of course the overall flavour is determined by the ingredients used in the simmering, I used Vinegar/Brown Sugar/Bay Leaves/Peppercorns (whole)/Brown Onion/Garlic/Chilli Flakes.

Cabbage would have been great but none in stock, below is what it is supposed to look like, to be sure ☘️

th.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Tonight, an old-fashioned favorite, Pickled Pork - a bit like the swine version of Corned Beef 🐖 but it was great with steamed vege's & a White Wine, mushroom & Pepper Gravy. Oh yes Squinta some wine 🍷

20220916_191728.thumb.jpg.66dcb39148e74e66044ad30eab418e8e.jpg

Looks the Bizz Phil, lovely stuff. I quite often do a smoked pickle pork, just beautiful. I might give the boil a crack - looks good.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mickep said:

Looks the Bizz Phil, lovely stuff. I quite often do a smoked pickle pork, just beautiful. I might give the boil a crack - looks good

Cheers Mick, just bring it to boil & simmer gently for 40mins per 500gm, you only want a gentle simmer with the liquid just covering the meat topping up if necessary. I find it is best to let it sit for as long as possible in the liquid before serving. I wrap mime tightly in foil & when able whack it in the fridge. 

I had some on toast this morning on toast with Hot English Mustard, I could've gone a Pale with it 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Tonight, an old-fashioned favorite

WOWOWOWOWOWOW

Maaate @Classic Brewing Co Classic Brewing Chef and Brewer - what a beautiful meal - love the Gravy and Veggies and the Porker looks blaaardy perfect - and beautifully plated... you can take the rest of the Month off 🥳

Great Photo too... How do you get the meal in focus the surrounds to fade out? 

Is that a bit of post-production trickery in your festive graphics package?

Nice work!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

WOWOWOWOWOWOW

Maaate @Classic Brewing Co Classic Brewing Chef and Brewer - what a beautiful meal - love the Gravy and Veggies and the Porker looks blaaardy perfect - and beautifully plated... you can take the rest of the Month off 🥳

Great Photo too... How do you get the meal in focus the surrounds to fade out? 

Is that a bit of post-production trickery in your festive graphics package?

Nice work!

Thanks, it was nice, when photographing food, you can set it to 'Food' in the camera settings & it focuses on the foreground subject nicely blurring the background.

It can also be done in post with "Effects" a vignette can be selected also enhancing the photo but it depends on your phone model.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

My mate dropped off some Mullett fillets he caught in his boat, so I knocked them up with a few Panko crumbs, I was going to make a Tartare Sauce & a Salad but seemed to have got happily involved in the bottle of Sauvignon Blanc 🤣 so it turned out to be just Fish & Chips, nice, so who cares. 

20220917_190701.jpg

20220917_191209.jpg

20220917_191621.jpg

20220917_192038.jpg

Lovely stuff Phil 👍

Since I discovered panko breadcrumbs, there ain’t no going back. A bit like home brewing, but on a less-important scale 😉

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

My mate dropped off some Mullett fillets he caught in his boat, so I knocked them up with a few Panko crumbs, I was going to make a Tartare Sauce & a Salad but seemed to have got happily involved in the bottle of Sauvignon Blanc 🤣 so it turned out to be just Fish & Chips, nice, so who cares. 

20220917_190701.jpg

20220917_191209.jpg

20220917_191621.jpg

20220917_192038.jpg

You've just inspired me mate  - I know what I'll be having for dinner tonight. Lovely stuff Classic!

• Haha 2