Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

2 hours ago, Mickep said:

This was just incredible I have to say, SWMBO, done good.

Tom Kha - Moo (slow cooked pork hocks in a sweet, hot chilli soup) With a couple of pork ribs thrown in

Amazing Mick, both you and the Lady Wife. At this rate nobody will be around, you’ve accumulated too many afternoons off 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Nothing terribly exciting on the Menu at Classic Brewing Co tonight but I have to tell you it is damn fine, made with Pork Mince for a change, you can't see the 🌶️ but it's in there.

And a glass of red wine +++++

20220910_183632.thumb.jpg.b8dc9d04075b75d844b9c0a607908c75.jpg

Lovely stuff Phil 👍

At lot of Italian swear by a mix of beef and pork. If I go to the butcher’s for the meat I get a mixture of beef, pork and veal. Yummy comfort food, Italian version of Shepherd’s pie in that respect

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Lovely stuff Phil 👍

At lot of Italian swear by a mix of beef and pork. If I go to the butcher’s for the meat I get a mixture of beef, pork and veal. Yummy comfort food, Italian version of Shepherd’s pie in that respect

Yes agreed, this was a Pork & Beef mix, I forgot to mention that in the post, however Burgers are the same & as you say Shep's Pie too.

It's like wine, blend it & you have a beautiful wine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Tonight's offering was a eye fillet with swiss browns, onion with home made ( @stquinto ) chips & salad, apologies for the photo as I had the wrong lights on & I didn't wipe the plate properly.

The bottom line is maybe I got too happily involved in the lovely Stout whilst cooking - who cares, it was nice.

20220912_194655.thumb.jpg.44424147e859c2fac1da471cf59ea911.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Last night’s curry. Awesome stuff, I got the cook book some time ago and managed a decent approximation of some of the dishes. 
I normally draw the line at taking photos in the dunnies (although have posted from there before) but the management had a sense of humour. Christ knows what would happen if I put it up as a middle aged white cis (don’t really know that means, have to ask my kids) bloke, probably get “cancelled “ (also have to ask the kids…)

🤣

9DFD5663-D4C4-4597-8677-C898CA675D84.jpeg

243569E5-2EEE-42E6-AEB7-78E117893BC4.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Tonight's offering was a eye fillet with swiss browns, onion with home made ( @stquinto ) chips & salad, apologies for the photo as I had the wrong lights on & I didn't wipe the plate properly.

The bottom line is maybe I got too happily involved in the lovely Stout whilst cooking - who cares, it was nice.

20220912_194655.thumb.jpg.44424147e859c2fac1da471cf59ea911.jpg

Great stuff Phil! Triple cooked? Awesome!

And this is what happens when you let someone else do the plating 

876508BA-8408-46B4-A161-3EC91B07F874.jpeg

Edited by stquinto
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, stquinto said:

Great stuff Phil! Triple cooked? Awesome!

And this is what happens when you let someone else do the plating 

Stquinta I have only ever twice cooked chips, I rinse them first to get rid of the starch & soak them in salted water for 5 minutes, drain them & pat dry with paper towel, cook for about 5 minutes at 180c in Canola or Peanut Oil & let them drain on crumpled up baking paper. I cook them the second time in the same reheated oil for a few minutes or to the desired crispness. I season them thoroughly with Chicken Salt.

There are so many versions & opinions on cooking chips but this method never fails me. 🥔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, stquinto said:

Last night’s curry.

I am not big on Indian Curries although I make a them at home with a few adjustments, I find them too oily & heavy on the tomatoes.

My favourite is Thai - Red & Green even Yellow, I find them fresher, spicier but that's only me. I do like Naan Bread & Papadams.

All curries are nice really maybe I am too fussy.

• Like 1