Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

On 9/12/2022 at 11:28 PM, stquinto said:

Last night’s curry.

Good to see you downing some Kingfisher with it.

When I was in India - 1999 - it was significantly cheaper to buy the beer and drink it in the spot - returning the bottle - than getting takeaways,, i'' have to get back there one day

• Like 4

2 hours ago, interceptor said:

Good to see you downing some Kingfisher with it.

When I was in India - 1999 - it was significantly cheaper to buy the beer and drink it in the spot - returning the bottle - than getting takeaways,, i'' have to get back there one day

Yeah, better bet than vino although some wines go alright with a curry., even some reds.

I was there in 1996 and in some places it was hard to get a beer. Couldn't get it everywhere, and in some places it wasn't cold enough. Still, the curry sauces were out of this world. Because the spices were so fresh they tasted almost like a different meal to the stuff you get back  in Europe (I imagine it would be the same for you in Oz). The meat on the other hand, well, the less said about it the better...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tried a new recipe from an Italian bloke off the telly - Gino d’Acampo. His auntie’s Parmesan chicken or something like that. The chicken fillets are coated in half breadcrumbs (I used panko) and half grated Parmesan. The tomatoes are added to fried garlic and a good bit of chili, and some pitted black olives. He puts a tbsp of white wine vinegar in the cooked, drained beans. And some shaved Parmesan to make it pretty…  
Will add this to the repertoire that’s for sure 👍

B7902C4C-D743-4B64-8CD5-B659022DBB98.jpeg

EDD24F2D-9801-44F9-8935-CD2FC2FC5AC3.jpeg

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Tried a new recipe from an Italian bloke off the telly - Gino d’Acampo. His auntie’s Parmesan chicken or something like that. The chicken fillets are coated in half breadcrumbs (I used panko) and half grated Parmesan. The tomatoes are added to fried garlic and a good bit of chili, and some pitted black olives. He puts a tbsp of white wine vinegar in the cooked, drained beans. And some shaved Parmesan to make it pretty…  

B7902C4C-D743-4B64-8CD5-B659022DBB98.jpeg

EDD24F2D-9801-44F9-8935-CD2FC2FC5AC3.jpeg

I'll give this a try Sainter - looks really good

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, stquinto said:

The chicken fillets are coated in half breadcrumbs (I used panko) and half grated Parmesan.

How do cooky of chooky Sainty? @stquinto

Would it be baked or deep fried or shallow fried - please explain 😆

Whatever it is.... looks blaaardy Taschty!!! 

Nice work : )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, stquinto said:

Looks good Stquinta, I see that guy now & again on the TV, not bad shows, he has done pretty good for himself, owns 11 Restaurants, written about a dozen cookbooks etc. likeable young bloke. That exact dish is on his website.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

How do cooky of chooky Sainty? @stquinto

Would it be baked or deep fried or shallow fried - please explain 😆

Whatever it is.... looks blaaardy Taschty!!! 

Nice work : )

Hey, HP, I was on the website today if you go to Recipe Books/Mains & select Family Recipes - the first book you will find it.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=9c87c8dc3cef3f65JmltdHM9MTY2MzExMzYwMCZpZ3VpZD0xOTlkYjU3ZC0wMjVjLTY2NzQtMjM0NS1hNzVkMDM4OTY3NGYmaW5zaWQ9NTI4NQ&ptn=3&hsh=3&fclid=199db57d-025c-6674-2345-a75d0389674f&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly9naW5vZGFjYW1wby5jb20vaXRhbGlhbi1yZWNpcGVzLw&ntb=1

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gino’s breaded chicken breast with olive, parmesan cheese, green beans and tomato sauce recipe

Gino D’Acampo served up a breaded chicken breast with olive, parmesan cheese, green beans and tomato sauce dish using his aunt’s recipe on Gino’s Italian Coastal Escape.

The ingredients are: 3 tablespoons plain flour, 3 medium eggs, 80g freshly grated Parmesan cheese, 60g dried breadcrumbs, 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, 4 tablespoons olive oil and 40g Parmesan cheese shavings.

For the sauce: 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced, 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes, 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes, 150g pitted black olives (preferably Gaeta or Leccino), drained and Salt.

BUT HOW WAS THE BREADED CHICKEN BREAST COOKED ?  😆

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Gino’s breaded chicken breast with olive, parmesan cheese, green beans and tomato sauce recipe

Gino D’Acampo served up a breaded chicken breast with olive, parmesan cheese, green beans and tomato sauce dish using his aunt’s recipe on Gino’s Italian Coastal Escape.

The ingredients are: 3 tablespoons plain flour, 3 medium eggs, 80g freshly grated Parmesan cheese, 60g dried breadcrumbs, 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, 4 tablespoons olive oil and 40g Parmesan cheese shavings.

For the sauce: 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced, 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes, 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes, 150g pitted black olives (preferably Gaeta or Leccino), drained and Salt.

BUT HOW WAS THE BREADED CHICKEN BREAST COOKED ?  😆

I believe that it was shallow fried.

• Like 1