Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I know aged beef is expensive & the meat would be good but I would be attacking it with my Chef's Knife to get rid of that fat.

I know some people tell you it's flavour & I have even heard some sat it's the best part. Not this little black duck, I hate fat & remove any trace but I do enjoy my meat lean.

I think they trim the big bits off. Obviously a bit or marbling in a t-bone or sirloin gives it flavour when it melts, otherwise you go for fillet or rump. That’s why they often serve sauces with those cuts. 
I’ll be on some veggie soups for a few days, we really 🐖 out…

Oink! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, stquinto said:

I think they trim the big bits off. Obviously a bit or marbling in a t-bone or sirloin gives it flavour when it melts, otherwise you go for fillet or rump. That’s why they often serve sauces with those cuts. 
I’ll be on some veggie soups for a few days, we really 🐖 out…

Oink! 

Yeah I know what you mean but I am super fussy, if I am forced to eat meat with marbling it will go on the grill plate with flame under it, I murder fat to death on any cut of meat as I hate fat, can't stand the smell, the taste & the greasy after taste, mind you that is only me but each to their own. In closing I will only eat a steak when I am out if the sauce/jus/gravy is served in a jug as a side.

Call me fussy, yes I am.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, jennyss said:

Q. What do pizza dough and beer have in common?

A. 

The robust flavors of pizza go well with the big, bold flavors you get from beer. Beer is more refreshing than wine and compliments pizza by cutting through the cheesy texture. It cleanses the pallet and leaves you that delightful aftertaste we all love, readying you for that next slice of pizza. This beverage is no stranger to pizza, and pizza is no stranger to beer!

Some of these breweries now have pizza served at beer pairing events. These pizza and beer tasting events showcase the beer brewery’s finest beers. They show drinkers what tastes best when paired with their favorite pie.

Beer tasting bars give drinkers the chance to try different beer flavors at one time. In addition, their beer experts will help advise beer lovers with beer suggestions that pair well with their preferred pizza toppings.

So if beer is your favorite drink and you don’t mind a slice or two of our beloved pizza, then beer tasting bars are the place to go! 🍕🍻

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

A. 

The robust flavors of pizza go well with the big, bold flavors you get from beer. Beer is more refreshing than wine and compliments pizza by cutting through the cheesy texture. It cleanses the pallet and leaves you that delightful aftertaste we all love, readying you for that next slice of pizza. This beverage is no stranger to pizza, and pizza is no stranger to beer!

Some of these breweries now have pizza served at beer pairing events. These pizza and beer tasting events showcase the beer brewery’s finest beers. They show drinkers what tastes best when paired with their favorite pie.

Beer tasting bars give drinkers the chance to try different beer flavors at one time. In addition, their beer experts will help advise beer lovers with beer suggestions that pair well with their preferred pizza toppings.

So if beer is your favorite drink and you don’t mind a slice or two of our beloved pizza, then beer tasting bars are the place to go! 🍕🍻

This is rather interesting;

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=22333470e0f00d3aJmltdHM9MTY2MDYwMjMzOCZpZ3VpZD0wM2ViZDIxNS03YzU2LTQwZTYtODMwMC1jOGUxNDkxMjhhMTImaW5zaWQ9NTM4Nw&ptn=3&hsh=3&fclid=3066c2e0-1ce9-11ed-be15-c62a414f566e&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYm90dGxlbmVja21nbXQuY29tL2Jsb2cvYmVzdC1iZWVyLXdpdGgtcGl6emEv&ntb=1

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

This beverage is no stranger to pizza, and pizza is no stranger to beer!

@Classic Brewing Co, How my question came up is: I was reading an article on the internet about the role of yeast in the fermentation process, while looking after a  pizza dough which was rising in front of the heater. I went back to the frig and looked at the instant dried yeast. It looked just like the dried yeast in my under lid packets. Your article makes a strong case for the foodie link between beer and pizza!

Yeast.jpg

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, jennyss said:

@Classic Brewing Co, How my question came up is: I was reading an article on the internet about the role of yeast in the fermentation process, while looking after a  pizza dough which was rising in front of the heater. I went back to the frig and looked at the instant dried yeast. It looked just like the dried yeast in my under lid packets. Your article makes a strong case for the foodie link between beer and pizza!

Yeast.jpg

1 hour ago, jennyss said:

Yes, but I realised after what your main point was ' they both rely on yeast! '

• Like 4

Doesn't quite achieve the levels of excellence seen above...

But still yum 👍

If you cannot catch fish out of the ocean yourself... this Tassie Salmon is pretty good -- fresh not frozen...

Here in a Creamy sauce with mushies and cold climate Tablelands Shiraz Rosé and good ol' butter to finish:

image.thumb.png.9fdfe15c17891b01fe1f5bfa98c24087.png

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

WOW

Yep

Doesn't get better than that @Pale Man Paleo

Yummm!!!

Ya cant beat a home cooked meal like that IP. I can say everything was caught very locally too. 

Its nice to eat out once in a while, but home food is the bomb. I cooked two fat T-Bones last night on the weber. Beats any pub steak I've ever had.

• Like 4

Just now, Itinerant Peasant said:

But still yum 👍

If you cannot catch fish out of the ocean yourself... this Tassie Salmon is pretty good -- fresh not frozen...

Here in a Creamy sauce with mushies and cold climate Tablelands Shiraz Rosé and good ol' butter to finish:

That does look and sound bloody delicious.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

My lovely wife cooked up some King George Whiting and Salt n Pepper Squid. Fish courtesy of a mate, squid from my brother in law. Delicious. 

20220822_175323.thumb.jpg.e6039db8d06cc316fa58dc383ae7e7dc.jpg

Looks amazing mate! And I agree about the steak - much better home made

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

But still yum 👍

Beautiful stuff IP 👍👍👍

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Miserable cold, rainy day I decided to make a Beef & Vegetable soup, there is so much meat on these beef bones & I added some lentils & a little pasta for more body, fresh bread & a glass of wine. 🍷

20220822_144001.jpg

20220822_170827.jpg

20220822_185039.jpg

Good winter grub mate 👍

• Like 2