Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Tonight's offering Mussels, 

There is a 1kg of Mussels in there but I shelled most of them, I cannot believe I gutsed them all 😊 washed down with a Sav Blanc of course 🥳

20220801_192214.thumb.jpg.9a9054ebe94775f687c27171c841ecbb.jpg

Looks amazing Phil! Doesn’t look so greedy when they’ve been shelled 🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

That looked amazeballs @Classic Brewing Co and I really like the idea of having most of them shelled... gold!

Yeah mate apart from letting the dish get cold while you are shucking mussels they take up all of the flavours in your sauce, I think a few on top is just nice for the presentation but they are moreish little suckers.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

apart from letting the dish get cold while you are shucking mussels

haha... I would suggest you would be shelling these suckers well in advance of the final serve on the plate

So there is no plate cooling ffkkkkng about shelling the lovely fellas naaargh that is not a good idea

yeah but that is just my way of doing things I guess and everyone has their own preferred way of doing things hey

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

haha... I would suggest you would be shelling these suckers well in advance of the final serve on the plate

So there is no plate cooling ffkkkkng about shelling the lovely fellas naaargh that is not a good idea

yeah but that is just my way of doing things I guess and everyone has their own preferred way of doing things hey

I had the sauce on the stove & I steamed the mussels in batches & just added them to the pot, a couple of quick flicks with a knife & the shucking was done. Easy.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, stquinto said:

I was in France recently and I saw the tagine you mentioned Phil. Nice way to cook, although I would probably brown the meat in a metal pan first.

Nice, yeah you can, most of the recipes tell you to, I got a cookbook with mine so it made it a bit easier, you have to heat them up slowly though. I use mine heaps for everything.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Nice, yeah you can, most of the recipes tell you to, I got a cookbook with mine so it made it a bit easier, you have to heat them up slowly though. I use mine heaps for everything.

Hey Stquinta, I am sure you would have already done this but the Care & Use section for the Tagine is in here & I would recommend to anyone purchasing one of these to study it. I have had mine for over 15 years & it still looks like new.

I do take good care of stuff but some people don't & for something as expensive as those suckers it pays to follow instructions.

I have cooked everything in mine from soup/stew/casseroles/pasta sauce/frittata/pizza/bread ... etc, just about everything.

bon appetit

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=3f1382cde376f93dJmltdHM9MTY1OTY1NDk1NiZpZ3VpZD1mNTIyZGJjOC00ZmM4LTQ2OWItYTczZS1lYmZmNDQwYmExYzgmaW5zaWQ9NTI5MA&ptn=3&hsh=3&fclid=64acc41a-144b-11ed-948c-18fae7988885&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZW1pbGVoZW5yeS5jb20vZW4v&ntb=1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Another Roasty Chook and some vege. With a beautiful hot n spicy Thai influenced chilli sauce.

Goes alright.

Ahh the old Chook, isn't it a great thing, so versatile & in this time of never ending meat prices the old chook is still affordable, even prepared portions at the supermarket are still on everybody's shopping list. I reckon I have chicken at least twice a week probably more in some form. 🐔

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mickep said:

Another Roasty Chook and some vege. With a beautiful hot n spicy Thai influenced chilli sauce.

Looks marvellous Mick ! I’m surprised Phil didn’t mention it, but take the rest of the day off!!! 👍😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Bit of a fresh-never-frozen-Salmon Cerviche-ish thing for later on... Fresh Ginger Garlic Onion, Black Pepper and liquid stuff including mild White Wine Vinegar-Condiment, Chilli Oil, WW Verjuice, and Coconut Milk : )

Nice with a full bodied cleansing AG Ale I would suggest 😋

And a bit bizarre but am thinking best eaten with choppers (chop-sticks) 👍

image.thumb.png.74c067f51baf7cbab916de41dad78ca2.png

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hey Stquinta, I am sure you would have already done this but the Care & Use section for the Tagine is in here & I would recommend to anyone purchasing one of these to study it. I have had mine for over 15 years & it still looks like new.

I do take good care of stuff but some people don't & for something as expensive as those suckers it pays to follow instructions.

I have cooked everything in mine from soup/stew/casseroles/pasta sauce/frittata/pizza/bread ... etc, just about everything.

bon appetit

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=3f1382cde376f93dJmltdHM9MTY1OTY1NDk1NiZpZ3VpZD1mNTIyZGJjOC00ZmM4LTQ2OWItYTczZS1lYmZmNDQwYmExYzgmaW5zaWQ9NTI5MA&ptn=3&hsh=3&fclid=64acc41a-144b-11ed-948c-18fae7988885&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZW1pbGVoZW5yeS5jb20vZW4v&ntb=1

Thanks Phil, I will take a good look at it. As mentioned, best to get the Maillard effect by browning the meat in a metal pan or pot, then transferring the tajine for cooking. But so far so good ... 👍

• Like 2