Coopers Community

What's on the Menu

Classic Brewing Co

On 7/27/2022 at 7:18 AM, stquinto said:

Cioppino tonight

Hi @stquinto, Once again I had to go to the internet to find out what one of your wonderful dishes was.  Wikipedia told me  that Cioppino is "is a fish stew originating in San Francisco, California. It is an Italian-American dish and is related to various regional fish soups and stews of Italian cuisine " Yummy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, stquinto said:

Nah mate, just a greedy b*stard 🤣

Try it out though - put whatever fish/shellfish you can find where you are:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/cioppino-recipe-1916710

Thanks Sainter mate, I'll give this a crack for sure. Your pics of your food are outstanding mate - keep 'em coming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, stquinto said:

Nah mate, just a greedy b*stard 🤣

Try it out though - put whatever fish/shellfish you can find where you are:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/cioppino-recipe-1916710

We have the best mussels here in Victoria in Oz. Not much else mind - but they really are fantastic. The mussels are just beautiful - The wife and I have them steamed (not for long just a couple of minutes) and then coated with a chilli, fish sauce,  lime juice, sugar sauce.....

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Mickep said:

We have the best mussels here in Victoria in Oz. Not much else mind - but they really are fantastic. The mussels are just beautiful - The wife and I have them steamed (not for long just a couple of minutes) and then coated with a chilli, fish sauce,  lime juice, sugar sauce.....

Hey Mick, everyone knows the best Mussels come from SA waters 🤫 I am having some tonight from the Eyre Peninsula, just ask @Hoppy81 & @Pale Man !! 

I am doing them in a tomato/white wine/chilli sauce with pasta. 

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=f2aab17f6b86904c169c3188d20babeba77b4cdbadeabc20383e29c624344a9eJmltdHM9MTY1ODk2NDI1MiZpZ3VpZD1jZGE2MDM3NC0xNmExLTQ0YjEtYjBjZS1iYjg1NjQyNTI3NWMmaW5zaWQ9NTE3Mw&ptn=3&fclid=38f52e1b-0e03-11ed-908b-acd2b00ea4f2&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZXBzZWFmb29kcy5jb20uYXUv&ntb=1

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hey Mick, everyone knows the best Mussels come from SA waters 🤫 I am having some tonight from the Eyre Peninsula, just ask @Hoppy81 & @Pale Man !! 

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=f2aab17f6b86904c169c3188d20babeba77b4cdbadeabc20383e29c624344a9eJmltdHM9MTY1ODk2NDI1MiZpZ3VpZD1jZGE2MDM3NC0xNmExLTQ0YjEtYjBjZS1iYjg1NjQyNTI3NWMmaW5zaWQ9NTE3Mw&ptn=3&fclid=38f52e1b-0e03-11ed-908b-acd2b00ea4f2&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZXBzZWFmb29kcy5jb20uYXUv&ntb=1

Not sure about the mussels Classic, but you certainly have the best pippies - just beautiful....they're now $30.00 a kilo here😩

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, jennyss said:

Hi @stquinto, Once again I had to go to the internet to find out what one of your wonderful dishes was.  Wikipedia told me  that Cioppino is "is a fish stew originating in San Francisco, California. It is an Italian-American dish and is related to various regional fish soups and stews of Italian cuisine " Yummy!

Hey Jenny, give it a try, it’s lovely. I didn’t faff around with the fennel, just a base of onions, garlic, a red capsicum and a tin of tomatoes, with white wine and fish stock. Leave it to cook a while then add a teaspoon of red wine vinegar. Add your mussels, peeled (raw is best) prawns, fish and other bits you can get, for the last 10 minutes. A bit of parsley and lemon juice and you’re good to go!

Serve it on top of a slice of rustic bread, toasted and rubbed with garlic. 
A time-poor man’s fishy soup/stew. 

I’m in the South of France at the moment  and normally get stuck into bouillabaisse, but it takes a whole day to cook it, whereas this style is done in an hour 😉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I've had mussels from almost everywhere. Port Lincoln mussels are streets ahead of anywhere else, and i mean streets.

Same goes with oysters, Cowell and Coffin bay oysters best in Australia. Thats with biasness aside, imagine if i was biased.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

I've had mussels from almost everywhere. Port Lincoln mussels are streets ahead of anywhere else, and i mean streets.

Same goes with oysters, Cowell and Coffin bay oysters best in Australia. Thats with biasness aside, imagine if i was biased.

Yeah I have had them from all over Australia in my travels & quite honestly all of the seafood from most areas in OZ are all pretty good.

I agree some areas are better than others.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

oysters, Cowell and Coffin bay oysters best in Australia.

Cowell, Coffin,  and maybe Streaky Bay next door as well @Pale Man Paleo?

Those three I reckon provide amazing amazing amazing oysters... Tasslie Dazzlie does some nice ones as well.... yummmmmbo : )

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Tonight was meant to be Mussels but I doubled up om my shopping & now that's tomorrow night.

This is one of my favourite Seafood Marina with Pasta dishes.

Entre of garlic chilli prawns ( Carolina Reaper from the garden 🥵 )

A good old dish of seafood pasta & a few Sav blanc's.

20220728_192020.jpg

20220728_195314.jpg

20220728_195735.jpg

20220728_195744.jpg

Nice one Phil! My last dinner down South is the same - seafood linguine. I’m staying with friends and the lady of the house gladly hands over the kitchen. Fine by me…

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, stquinto said:

Nice one Phil! My last dinner down South is the same - seafood linguine. I’m staying with friends and the lady of the house gladly hands over the kitchen. Fine by me…

Cheers Mate, that's the way it should be !! 🤭 most women I know won't go near my kitchen fearing all of the knives & gismos hanging. Sometimes one will ask if you want help but you have to try & politely say ' no thanks you will only be in my way " 

Having said that I don't mean to say women can't cook.

• Haha 2