Coopers Community

What's in Your Fermenter? 2020

Otto Von Blotto

4 hours ago, Norris! said:

Hahaha, welcome to homebrewers 1st world problems, what style is this beer? I laugh because I have had this exact same conversation in my head over and over. "This isn't quite an ale because I used this yeast and" blah blah blah. Hahahha.

Luvyerwork mate

Forget the BJCP let's brew up and brew on and see where the journey takes us ha ha ; )

• Like 2

CSM IPA Partial No4 

Same as last time 1.5kg Maris Otter, 0.5kg Munich malt, 0.22kg Caramunich II, Coopers lager , LDME, wheat and white sugar 

OG 1.060

IBU 55

Used US-05 for this one

Got a brewhouse efficiency of 71.76%, which is a tiny improvement on last time which was 71.35%, so happy with that.

Cheers legends

James

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Titan said:

Wheat beer brewed on Sunday. 2nd wheat beer and second blow off. This Munich classic is a beast. Going so hard its lifting the lid on my ss brewtech bucket.

Lallemand Dry Yeast Munich Classic Titan?

And did you do a starter or just pitch straight in?

All this beer talk is making me..... THIRSTY

Edited by Bearded Burbler

4 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Lallemand Dry Yeast Munich Classic Titan?

And did you do a starter or just pitch straight in?

All this beer talk is making me..... THIRSTY

Yes thats the one. Pitched it dry on Sunday morning. Woke up this morning to a blow off.

• Like 1

My saison is currently conditioning on the yeast cake and has sat at 1.000 for the last week so I’m gunna say it’s done. Tomorrow will be two weeks and will crash tomorrow night.  Somewhat in two minds to split the batch and dry hop one batch to give it a little freshness. However I am thinking maybe once it’s cold and carbonated, That will be enough “spritz” to spruce it up.....thoughts?

I also loaded some peach purée into my kettle sour over the weekend. It’s tasting really good. Didn’t really know what to expect from the peaches but also gave it a dash of raspberry purée too. Just for a little blush on the colour. Should be kegged by the weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MitchBastard said:

I also loaded some peach purée into my kettle sour over the weekend. It’s tasting really good. Didn’t really know what to expect from the peaches but also gave it a dash of raspberry purée too. Just for a little blush on the colour. Should be kegged by the weekend. 

Ha ha Mitchie you and @Ben 10 Benny are gunna be best mates with all these fancy schmancy new-era brews!  Festive ha ha!

And let us know how you go - I do admit that I have some Belle Saison yeast in the fridge so will have a crack at some stage ha ha 😆

• Haha 1