Coopers Community

Sports

PaddyBrew2

Crisis averted, found VFL, SANFL and WAFL games on 7plus. Probably won't watch it all night but at least I can get my footy fix 😁

Watching a really close game between the Geelong and Essendon VFL teams at the moment, from last Sunday. Good game.

Edited by Otto Von Blotto
  • Like 1

Our Hockey team played off for a spot in the WA O50's division GF today, and won a tough and tight game. Your truly hitting the winner. Made me pretty popular. A nice lead in to Dad's day.

Never been much of a team sports player since I was in school, and only started Hockey 3 years ago after my son was in juniors and their team manager wanted the newbie Dad's to have a crack at starting a team in the state comp. I switched to an O50s team this season to act my age. Great bunch of blokes, and the whole comp plays in the right spirit of team sport. Been a lot of fun.

• Like 4

On 8/31/2019 at 7:40 PM, PaddyBrew2 said:

As much as I have felt I have assimilated into this wonderful culture here, I just can’t get into AFL.  

Its pretty  similar to Gaelic football back home which is another sport I can’t get into 

We were in this little pub in Kilkenny the day they were playing Dublin (in Dublin) in the grand final. I think there was a free round every time Kilkenny scored and we had to buy our own if Dublin scored. We were pretty pissed that day!

• Haha 2

You have to admire what Steve Smith has done mentally to himself in the time after the debacle that had him publicly shamed & temporarily banned from the game. A lot of people in that same position would have just slid off the map & hoped to be left alone to re-build their life some other way. Not this kid.

With every innings he's re-affirming himself for what he was & still is, that being the best batsman in world cricket right now.

He's copping it from the English bowlers & players, along with all sorts of abuse from the English public at the grounds right now, & through all that he digs in & shines.

HatsOff-Forum.jpg

He never deserved to wear ALL the BS around that ball tampering saga, but he ended up being the scapegoat for it. Hats off to Steve Smith!

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 5

Agreed Lusty.  As captain, yep, he should have shown better leadership and decision making at the time, and therefore did need to be somewhat accountable.  But definitely not all the BS.  Great to see him in such form, especially given what he’s had to push through.

On 9/6/2019 at 5:45 PM, Beerlust said:

You have to admire what Steve Smith has done mentally to himself in the time after the debacle that had him publicly shamed & temporarily banned from the game. A lot of people in that same position would have just slid off the map & hoped to be left alone to re-build their life some other way. Not this kid.

With every innings he's re-affirming himself for what he was & still is, that being the best batsman in world cricket right now.

He's copping it from the English bowlers & players, along with all sorts of abuse from the English public at the grounds right now, & through all that he digs in & shines.

HatsOff-Forum.jpg

He never deserved to wear ALL the BS around that ball tampering saga, but he ended up being the scapegoat for it. Hats off to Steve Smith!

Cheers,

Lusty.

You didn't offer your 20c worth but this was probably one of your most priceless comments, Lusty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not a great performance from the Brisbane Lions tonight but at least they have the double chance. Cricket on again, good to see the weather is better today. Was apparently gonna put on a movie after the footy, mrs had an alarm set to wake up, which lasted all of five minutes. No complaints here, rather watch cricket anyway 😂