Coopers Community

Sports

PaddyBrew2

On 3/21/2019 at 9:25 PM, Beerlust said:

I watched the recent game between the 76'ers & the Bucks (who are the divisional front runners atm). It was a Bucks home game & Philly managed to get over the top of them & looked comfortable doing it despite their lairizing throughout the game. I thought JJ Redick's jump shooting while in motion at different angles was outstanding in the first half.  I couldn't believe the amount of 3 point attempts thrown up by each team over the course of the game. Ben (Simmons) hands the ball off a lot & at times needs to impose himself on the game as he has a lot of talent & when he did in this game he was extremely impressive offensively.

The 76'ers have a very talented line-up this year. They are on a 6 game win streak atm & I look forward to watching them in the playoffs. They need to be a bit more serious about their game play though if they ever expect to win it.

Cheers,

Lusty.

If Ben Simmons can learn a jump shot he will be in the conversation for top 10 all time. They leave him open to shoot and foul him at will as well as they know he will miss most of the time whether in the field or at the line. Great talent though. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just started posting today guys, sports nut through and through, here are my teams

Football

Manchester Utd

Brisbane Roar

Union

Reds

League

Sharkies 

Gridiron 

Seattle Seahawks ( Just attended a game in December last year )

Ice Hockey

Vancouver Canucks

• Haha 1

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 3:47 PM, Greeny1525229549 said:

If Ben Simmons can learn a jump shot he will be in the conversation for top 10 all time. They leave him open to shoot and foul him at will as well as they know he will miss most of the time whether in the field or at the line. Great talent though. 

His free throw shooting has improved over the second half of the season. Agree on the jump shot comment. He doesn't need to be a great shooter though, just good enough that the defence won't leave him open to shoot uncontested jumpers.

5 games to go in the English Football Championship and Leeds United are second. 

They need to finish in the top 2 to get automatic promotion back to the top tier and all the riches that come with it. 

If they finish lower then they are in the playoffs and that is a lottery and I don’t think they will get promoted that way. 

Nervous days ahead😰 

Recently played soccer in Sri Lanka playing against one of there top 4 teams in a friendly match. Well needless to say non acclimatized players who threw a team together last minute we got our a$$es handed to us. Great people over there enjoyed there hospitality, trying to G up some touch and basketball games next few places.

18 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

They were up there last yr beer baron, but then fell away, my brother is Leeds through & through. We both have tickets to go see Leeds vs WST Sydney Wanderers in July, so flying down for that, probably a big boys weekend on it I’d say 😜😜

Leeds will bring a young team over but will still smash the crap Sydney side. 

#Sydneyisskyblue

BB, Can’t be any worse than the Roar they are terrible this yr, haven’t heard anymore about Fowler taking the reins ? As for the Premier League I would rather Liverpool win it, as being a Man Utd fan all my life I can’t stand City. Like to see Leeds get promoted, I have a soft spot for Notts Forest ( loved their team from the 80’s ) but they won’t make the playoffs this yr again, too inconsistent, & they would probably get smashed in the Premier League.

• 1 month later...

What a great day!!!!

Sydney FC just destroyed the Melbourne Scum 6-1 to make next weeks grand final and Leeds United won their first leg playoff semi final 1-0 away from home against Derby. 

Also the mighty Rangers are up 1-0 against Celtic!!

F55C5DC6-D3BA-49AC-B71A-09328B6A90F0.jpeg

029BFD0F-8D5A-46E5-B773-B8DD7B9ACF93.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2019 at 9:48 PM, Beer Baron said:

Also the mighty Rangers are up 1-0 against Celtic!!

Glasgow Celtic with the Treble Treble 🤫

I might have to find my old Celtic jersey to wear for brew day.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Just now, Hairy said:

Yep, watching it now. I probably won’t make it past the first inning though.

I’m going for the Kiwis.

Yep same. I'll support England in the soccer as my Mum was born there but when it comes to cricket I can't stand them. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hilltop hops said:

Yep same. I'll support England in the soccer as my Mum was born there but when it comes to cricket I can't stand them. 

My Dad is Scottish so I can’t support England in the soccer either.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Premier League : Liverpool FC

Next year is the year.

Brewed a Klopptoberfest last year on October and we didn’t win a game for the rest of the month.

Wont be making that again - shame cos it was a sensational brew.

Allez Allez Allez!!

1 hour ago, James Lao said:

Premier League : Liverpool FC

Next year is the year.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha good joke!!!

And this year will also be the year Leeds get promoted too ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!

Thanks Lusty!!!!

You are right as usual Otto,  but still , when it comes to footy I get strangely superstitious!!

Beer Baron,

I think you will be laughing on the other side of your face AND eating your hat next  year on both accounts!!

I have a soft spot for Leeds (one of my best mates is a massive Leeds fan),  and I would like to see them back in the Prem, where they belong.

They had a few chances to score against Man Ure, in Perth but couldn't put them away.

Tellin' ya mate... next year!!

Cheers

James

5 minutes ago, James Lao said:

Thanks Lusty!!!!

You are right as usual Otto,  but still , when it comes to footy I get strangely superstitious!!

Beer Baron,

I think you will be laughing on the other side of your face AND eating your hat next  year on both accounts!!

I have a soft spot for Leeds (one of my best mates is a massive Leeds fan),  and I would like to see them back in the Prem, where they belong.

They had a few chances to score against Man Ure, in Perth but couldn't put them away.

Tellin' ya mate... next year!!

Cheers

James

Mark my words.......Leeds will not get close to the top 6 this season. We lost one of the best defenders in the league and we have Bamford up front. He is useless!!!