Coopers Community

Sports

PaddyBrew2

That was mine. Rather enjoyed yesterday's play, it was a good contest and nice to see a Melbourne pitch with some life in it for once. Unfortunately have to work today so can't really watch much of it. I normally love this time of year because I'm on leave and can watch the cricket (and it's about the only time I can see test cricket other than Ashes tours) but couldn't get it til the first week of January this time around. 

Really need to put in a TV outside too. 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2019 at 3:20 PM, Beer Baron said:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha good joke!!!

And this year will also be the year Leeds get promoted too ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!

It’s half way through the season  and I don’t want to jinx it, but mate do you really think it deserves 84 haha’s??

Liverpool FC 13 points clear with a game in hand AND Leeds top of the Championship.....!!

Come On!!!!!

Hat eating competition .. ahoy!

Cheers

James

9 hours ago, James Lao said:

It’s half way through the season  and I don’t want to jinx it, but mate do you really think it deserves 84 haha’s??

Liverpool FC 13 points clear with a game in hand AND Leeds top of the Championship.....!!

Come On!!!!!

Hat eating competition .. ahoy!

Cheers

James

Liverpool are home and Leeds will f@“k it up like last year. They have been playing poorly lately despite being first. 

9 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

Being a Man Utd fan my only wish is that Man City or Chelsea don’t win it, they are too far behind in points now.

Liverpool should win it ( providing they don’t choke ).

Being born in Yorkshire I’m hoping Leeds gain promotion this year.

You’re happy to let Liverpool win it??

Liverpool and Man U hate each other

16 minutes ago, Beer Baron said:

You’re happy to let Liverpool win it??

Liverpool and Man U hate each other

True Baron, but I like Klopp, think he’s the best Manager in the league by a country mile, a real down to earth guy, loves his players.

So yeah being a Man Utd tragic I’m not thrilled about Liverpool but would be happy for Klopp, the rest of them suck balls 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, Red devil 44 said:

True Baron, but I like Klopp, think he’s the best Manager in the league by a country mile, a real down to earth guy, loves his players.

So yeah being a Man Utd tragic I’m not thrilled about Liverpool but would be happy for Klopp, the rest of them suck balls 🤣🤣

Klopp is a real character and you can see his passion for Liverpool and football. 

It’s now or never for Leeds. If we don’t go up then Bielsa will leave and so will some of the players. Bielsa is a quality manager and I rate him. We might even have QSI buy into Leeds if we go up and we know that money talks  

I have a Leeds flag folded up after we got relegated and I said I would never hang it until we got promoted.....

2 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

We just need a decent Manager, love Ole but he’s too inexperienced.

Would be happy with Pochettino just quietly 🤣

Hated Mourinho, he’s a twat.

Plus we need new owners & a decent chairman, ok rant over 🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, Beer Baron said:

Klopp is a real character and you can see his passion for Liverpool and football. 

It’s now or never for Leeds. If we don’t go up then Bielsa will leave and so will some of the players. Bielsa is a quality manager and I rate him. We might even have QSI buy into Leeds if we go up and we know that money talks  

I have a Leeds flag folded up after we got relegated and I said I would never hang it until we got promoted.....

Fair call, my brother is a Leeds fan and we still don’t talk about last season.

Plus you get 800,000 big ones if you make the Premier League, I enjoy watching the Championship, more hunger, less theatrics & diving crap. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Beer Baron said:

My brother is over there at present, has got tickets to the Leeds vs Sheffield Wed game, I’ll post some pics when I get them 😁

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Beerlust said:

@Otto Von Blotto Are you playing cricket this season Kelsey?

Nah mate. Playing golf Instead in a social club with some mates I know from my music days. Starts on Sunday so today I went to the driving range for some practice, really rusty 🤣 although did start getting it back a bit towards the end. Going to my old course that I did my apprenticeship at on Thursday for a round as well. I don't think I've set foot on it since I finished up there in 2007. Might even run into some old workmates, I know one is still there. 

Edited by Otto Von Blotto

26 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Nice. I used to be on 17 but that game last week I think I hit 120 odd 😂😂

If I bowled to you that day, trust me, you would have got nowhere near the pie-thrower day you got 120 odd! 😜

In my younger days I played a lot of representative cricket & from time to time went abroad on train (yes train journey) camps to isolated areas of the state vs local district teams.

As a young kid I was a good left arm orthodox spinner that around that time caused a few problems at lower district & country level for my age group that held into lower grade level. I was also a handy batsmen that was occasionally asked to retire early when the game was in our favour to allow other members of the team to have a bat.

As a young 'un I captained an undefeated year where our group absolutely destroyed the entire opposition. We often cleaned them up with our bowling & fielding skills that quickly, that if they batted second, we asked them to bat again to try to beat our score.

No team EVER did. 😊

Lusty.