Coopers Community

Sports

PaddyBrew2

For the Rugby followers on this forum; RWC 2019 quarter finals weekend.

Not many surprises in the line up other than Japan. As the Hosts that's OK!!

Excellent, four great evening games over Saturday & Sunday, what could be better?

Edited by YeastyBoy
Must learn to spell!!
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, YeastyBoy said:

Pleased you enjoy watching the round ball game. Do you still kick the ball around the park?

I kick with the kids but can’t play due to work. I really really miss playing so I just read about football, watch football and breathe football ⚽️ 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beer Baron said:

I kick with the kids but can’t play due to work. I really really miss playing so I just read about football, watch football and breathe football ⚽️ 

Good to hear. Ditto prefer watching these days (hurts way to much being tackled these days) but do get to kick the Ball around the park with the GrandKids & Youngest from time to time.

Occasionally (not often) I find some old form & surprise myself.

Youngest is now into basketball & would rather shoot hoops.

Such is life. YB

Just now, YeastyBoy said:

Good to hear. Ditto prefer watching these days (hurts way to much being tackled these days) but do get to kick the Ball around the park with the GrandKids & Youngest from time to time.

Occasionally (not often) I find some old form & surprise myself.

Youngest is now into basketball & would rather shoot hoops.

Such is life. YB

At least the kids are outside playing sport and not like some of these kids who sit in front of a screen all day long

• Like 2

Mate come off it. France were by far the better team. Silly red card changed it and the deciding try was from a forward strip. No idea how the ref gave it. It’s all moot anyway as the AB’s are gonna walk away with this tournament. No one comes close 

1 hour ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

Mate come off it. France were by far the better team. Silly red card changed it and the deciding try was from a forward strip. No idea how the ref gave it. It’s all moot anyway as the AB’s are gonna walk away with this tournament. No one comes close 

Wrong that elbow in the face after a stranglehold around the neck was deliberate.  Red card was the correct outcome.

Ok the last try was a hard call but the Welsh were on the offensive and played better than France in my book.

Believe right result for this match. Great game.

You know I back the Blacks so being underplaying the AB results.

Not a given until the ump blows the whistle.

Looking forward to the semifinals.

YB

3 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

I meant silly as in needless.  They were at a maul in a good position and he has a brain fart. Definite red, no argument from anyone in that regard 

Concede that brain fart probably cost France the match.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I watched the Wallabies game. No others on ten I don't think. Despite the result I found it more entertaining than league, and also enjoyed the lack of video reviews on every fkn try. I used to play and watch it more as a kid, but it's hardly on free to air anymore.

When you get a good Rugby game it is entertaining.  They usually don't involve the Wallabies.

One of the worst things that Rugby League has done over the years is remove the contest for the ball which means you just wait for teams to make a mistake or reach the end of their set. The unpredictability in the game has gone. The stripping rule this year is a step in the right direction.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Is horse racing as rigged in Australia as it is in Ireland.  When you get a random tip back home you know it’s gonna win such is the skullduggery that goes on within the industry. I was on a lads trip a few years back. Tip came through from a mate who’s married to a horse trainer. It was a novice race, tip was for 100-1 shot. Came in first by a country mile. That night we splashed out on booze , strippers and whatnot. The rest we pissed against the wall 

14 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

Is horse racing as rigged in Australia as it is in Ireland.  When you get a random tip back home you know it’s gonna win such is the skullduggery that goes on within the industry. I was on a lads trip a few years back. Tip came through from a mate who’s married to a horse trainer. It was a novice race, tip was for 100-1 shot. Came in first by a country mile. That night we splashed out on booze , strippers and whatnot. The rest we pissed against the wall 

Good stuff. I hate it when people waste money.

• Haha 3