Coopers Community

Sports

PaddyBrew2

Mate I love the cricket.  Hope we smash these poms.  As for the commentary , it’s par for the course.  The poms crack the $hits when they have to put up with the Aussies. 

As much as I detest the poms , I do admire the barmy army.  They know how to make an atmosphere 

• Like 1

Just turned it over since the missus fell asleep. Don't have to get up early tomorrow so I'm gonna watch it til stumps. Last night I went to bed at the tea break and put on the ABC grandstand on the CA live app, but I don't think I lasted long before I was out. Missed Smith's century. 

Apparently it's going til 3.30...i might not make it tonight either 😂😂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

Any cricket fans on here? Love test cricket but this English commentary is killing me from boredom. 

Worth the torture to see Smith smash out his Ton.

Boys better lift in the 2nd innings or we will be praying for rain!!

17 hours ago, Beer Baron said:

I just finished watching Leeds vs Forest. Leeds were shit but the ref was worse. It’s going to be a long long long season

Nothing new for a supporter of either of those teams! LOL 😜

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

Anyone watching the rugby.  Great wallabies performance so far and the cheating kiwis have just got a well deserved red card 

They Blacks played the man not the ball, Hooper was the target. As much as it pains me, the Kiwis deserved to get thumped & Barrett deserved the red card.

I thought the pluck of Hooper giving it to Savea was warranted resulting in at least the penalty kick. Hope the selectors boot him off the number six jersey.

Eden Park (Fav Ground) for the next Bledsoe Cup game so the Blacks will no doubt prevail so would not put money on that game?

Where was Folau when they didn't need him????

• Like 1

Just got back from watching my nephew debut in his first aussie rules league game in the local comp.

He played really well, kicked 2 goals and the team won against a very good side. He didn’t look out of place against the older blokes in the team and layed some great tackles and pressure when needed. 

He’s 15 years of age. 

I’m stoked and proud of him. He’s got a really good future in footy

Edited by The Captain!!
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, The Captain!! said:

Just got back from watching my nephew debut in his first aussie rules league game in the local comp.

He played really well, kicked 2 goals and the team won against a very good side. He didn’t look out of place against the older blokes in the team and layed some great tackles and pressure when needed. 

He’s 15 years of age. 

I’m stoked and proud of him. He’s got a really good future in footy

Who does he play for, Captain?

2 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

Today he played for Carey Park FC he’s also  in the state side for his age. 

Killed me going into the change rooms today as I grew up playing for a rival team. 

That's great. I'm sure you'll cope with the stress of going there as long as he continues to do well.

9 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

That's great. I'm sure you'll cope with the stress of going there as long as he continues to do well.

I tell him everytime I see him he should be playing for our family team. Ha ha.

problem is he goes to school with a whole other crew and that suits him better. 

If he went to “our” team he would know nobody. Which of course would be hard. 

I think it’s better to stay at your club that you grow up playing with. 

I was really happy that his grandad came to watch who played his first league game for Port Melbourne (in the centre) at 16. He must have been a tough bugger!!!

Edited by The Captain!!
  • Like 2