Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

Philter Brewing - IPA

Can notes: New world hops, summer passionfruit, grapefruit and citrus zest aroma, Balanced malt body and bitterness.

Strong passionfruit aroma. Hints of citrus.

Pleasant malt and medium bitterness.

PS - Great glass, courtesy Op Shop in Tura Beach.

IMG_1470.JPG.b78b4b78ce241741d7a648aa6e3805e6.JPG

Edited by Shamus O'Sean
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Bent Spoke Brewing Co - Sprocket Big & Hoppy

7% ABV - IPA territory

Melon aroma and flavour

Good bitterness, but well balanced.  Not much bitterness aftertaste.

IMG_1461.JPG.2e9c4482d939ab12ef0bec0a41590177.JPG

I had one of those in my advent calendar yesterday. Quite a nice beer. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hairy said:

Big weekend, Shamus?

Reasonably big fortnight, Hairy.  These were typically the opening beer of each evening.  The rest of each evening was split between Byron Bay Brewery's Premium Lager, Coopers Session Ale and Gage Roads' Single Fin, plus a few others thrown in.  Good times.

• Like 1

Some from the last few days.

IMG20191215180906.thumb.jpg.aaadf63a07cad576df883426961f56c1.jpg

Just enough flavour to be interesting but remain highly drinkable. Would be a great beer to take along to a BBQ. Sea water is one of the ingredients. I (think) I can pick it up in the finish - nice and dry. I liked it.

IMG20191217175135.thumb.jpg.e93336ef9d4cafa0ab939984da20559d.jpg

Not bad. Definitely a hefeweizen. Didn't pick up too much on the extra hops except for a fair bit of extra bitterness. Enjoyed it the further I got through the glass.

IMG20191218180204.thumb.jpg.1d569c9e9353698dabdff6fb1bd3aa14.jpg

This one was a cracker. Fresh, zippy and zingy are the best descriptors I have for it. Guava came through well as did the hops. A really good beer. I'd be stoked if I could make a pale this good. I'll have to try out some of their other stuff. Points for the name as well.

IMG20191217202022.thumb.jpg.7d6268d03c4aac7a7f5250503d90f97f.jpg

Another solid beer. Subtle flavours of pineapple and chilli that come together really well. Happily surprised with this one.

IMG20191219164706.thumb.jpg.2cfab6e0fc05b5ab3392f500a2201032.jpg

Exactly as it says on the can. Lemonade Sour. Was great on a hot day. I reckon it would appeal to non beer drinkers as well. 

• Like 3

Been on long service for a couple of Months and travelled over to SA twice,  So when in Hahndorf wot you do is try all the German Beer, not much of a fan of Wheat Beer and thought the Pilsner was the pick of tastings  🍺

Schloss Hell,  Pilsner,  Zwicklbier , Weissbeir , Schloss Dunker 👍

IMG_2497.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Spudley said:

Been on long service for a couple of Months and travelled over to SA twice,  So when in Hahndorf wot you do is try all the German Beer, not much of a fan of Wheat Beer and thought the Pilsner was the pick of tastings  🍺

Schloss Hell,  Pilsner,  Zwicklbier , Weissbeir , Schloss Dunker 👍

Any good Wurst in Hahndorf mate?

3 hours ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Any good Wurst in Hahndorf mate?

We were there late in the afternoon so the timing was wrong for a feed , I did happen to see quite a few menus while browsing around and nearly all the eateries sell some sort of Wurst in one way or another 👍

• Haha 1

On 12/15/2019 at 10:55 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

Philter Brewing - IPA

Can notes: New world hops, summer passionfruit, grapefruit and citrus zest aroma, Balanced malt body and bitterness.

Strong passionfruit aroma. Hints of citrus.

Pleasant malt and medium bitterness.

PS - Great glass, courtesy Op Shop in Tura Beach.

IMG_1470.JPG.b78b4b78ce241741d7a648aa6e3805e6.JPG

I didn’t mind that one when I had it. Doesn’t really stand out in an over crowed ipa market but I’d definitely have another one 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MitchBastard said:

I didn’t mind that one when I had it. Doesn’t really stand out in an over crowed ipa market but I’d definitely have another one 

Agreed.  With the plethora of fancy can designs these days, aimed at attracting your attention, their design looks a bit uncomplicated.  Maybe the simplicity is what attracted me to buy it.