Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

1 hour ago, Instigator said:

20220624_163216.md.jpg

Knocking back a few Coopers XPAs at the Barrier Reef Hotel in Cairns. Trying to win a black XPA tshirt in the promotion give-aways. 😉

Nice.

Not going across the road to Hemmingways? It'd be happy hour too. 

I miss my work Cairns trips!

• Like 1

Brewery  = Blackmans
beer style = Barrel aged Bourban Imperial stout
Abv = 10%

Wowwee right from the outset i could smell the beautiful bourbon aromas  which over powers a bit of chocy maltand it just doesnt stop there. however i a finding it difficult  to pick many flavours in this as the bourbon is pretty strong , just the same its a pleasant stout  to drink , but 1 is my limit of these  with a 10% abv   

the barrels blackmans used was makermark and knob creek barrels from the usa

well worth the buy

20220624_175120.thumb.jpg.79eedc744c0f931dc8e7c4f2fc456adc.jpg

Edited by ozdevil
  • Like 8

Brewery - Blackmans
beer - Rhubarb Ipa
abv - 6.2%

intersting as i not a huge rhubarb type of guy in life, having said that its not a bad thing in beer to be honest rather refreshing taste  i also love the bitterness of the beer and is rather pleasant after taste.

is this something for me , nah as much as i love my ipa's  i just wouldnt  make it go to brew...

20220625_141841.thumb.jpg.c1878390402a1106be99a13e5a44d69b.jpg

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

Brewery - Blackmans
beer - Rhubarb Ipa
abv - 6.2%

I have tried a few of these Fruit & Veg type IPA's. TBH I haven't found one I like. I do love really Hoppy Beers & of course some yeasts give of Floral/Piney/Tropical flavours etc so I guess I won't be buying any of that. 😬

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I have tried a few of these Fruit & Veg type IPA's. TBH I haven't found one I like. I do love really Hoppy Beers & of course some yeasts give of Floral/Piney/Tropical flavours etc so I guess I won't be buying any of that. 😬

this rhubarb ipa  isnt all that bad its not an overpowering taste (but wouldnt know as i have lost my taste buds due to covid)
mind you your safe  , this brew didnt make it to the public eyes except for blackmans beer club members..

• Like 2

On 6/24/2022 at 2:43 PM, Instigator said:

20220624_163216.md.jpg

Knocking back a few Coopers XPAs at the Barrier Reef Hotel in Cairns. Trying to win a black XPA tshirt in the promotion give-aways. 😉

Did you win a shirt or you still there now trying to win??? 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺 😵🤣 

Edited by RDT2
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Pale Man said:

In Buddha we trust. My Mrs picked this up for me. Maybe she thinks I need redemption. It's a Chinese Pilsner or Lager of sorts. Quite tasty and refreshing. Malty.

20220625_211447.jpg

I didn't mind these. Was a while back since I have had one though. They were going cheap at the bottle-o when I first started brewing. I've got several boxes of them down in the shed that I used to use for bottling. Pretty heavy duty bottles.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hey @Pale Man

I have seen those at Uncle Dan's - I haven't tried it so I might, Cheers.

908599-4.png?impolicy=PROD_LG

1 hour ago, Popo said:

I didn't mind these. Was a while back since I have had one though. They were going cheap at the bottle-o when I first started brewing. I've got several boxes of them down in the shed that I used to use for bottling. Pretty heavy duty bottles.

Yep very tasty fellas. I'd be happy to brew a Pilsner like this.

• Like 2

Today I found this a Margarita Gose, it usually sells for around $20 for 4 x 375ml cans - I bought 2 packs for $8.00 each.

I rather like it, it is zingy, refreshing & easy to drink with a nice salty finish, made in NZ. The thing is you have to remind yourself you are drinking beer !! Gose.thumb.jpg.43d5afb46bd399b8ec2698d0a120e0eb.jpg

Looks like a margarita with it's pale colour and gentle haze. Tastes like a margarita with lemon and lime zing. The salt adds a bit of body and enhances the fruit flavours. Crisp, sparkling, refreshing and so very drinkable.

• Like 9

On 6/26/2022 at 12:13 PM, RDT2 said:

Did you win a shirt or you still there now trying to win??? 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺 😵🤣 

Didn't do so well. Picked up two caps and four key rings (and a decent hang over). 😆

Pictured here with some other swag I've managed to win previously. 👍

20220628_180542.md.jpg

@Dustin Frothman Didn't go to Hemmingways this time, but it's usually on the circuit when we hit the town. 👍

Tell you what though, you can't go wrong just at the Barrier Reef. They have a pretty full selection of Coopers on tap, regular promotions, a nice view of the harbour, the publicans are great, and I got to meet Dr Tim there at Easter! 😍

Edited by Instigator
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Instigator said:

Didn't go to Hemmingways this time, but it's usually on the circuit when we hit the town

have you visited coral sea or sauce? I was fairly disappointed at sauce because they didn't have any different beers to the brewery in Sydney. I don't know if they're avoiding brewing because of the lack of tourists up there thanks to rona.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, terminal2k said:

have you visited coral sea or sauce? I was fairly disappointed at sauce because they didn't have any different beers to the brewery in Sydney. I don't know if they're avoiding brewing because of the lack of tourists up there thanks to rona.

Yeah, we go to all of them. Having 3 craft breweries and a Coopers pub within a block is fantastic. Sauce is OK but I usually drink the "guest" beers when I go as they change and are new to me. It's probably the only place that regularly has sours and interesting stouts on tap. Bought a $100 6-pack from their bottle shop once (mix of imperial stouts). Missus wasn't impressed! 😆 There's a good Japanese restaurant upstairs, too.

I'm not sure how much of the brew scene you've checked out up here, but be sure to swing by the Barrier Reef Brewery tap room at Stratford, and Macalisters at Smithfield if you haven't already.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 6:13 PM, ozdevil said:

Brewery  = Blackmans
beer style = Barrel aged Bourban Imperial stout
Abv = 10%

Wowwee right from the outset i could smell the beautiful bourbon aromas  which over powers a bit of chocy maltand it just doesnt stop there. however i a finding it difficult  to pick many flavours in this as the bourbon is pretty strong , just the same its a pleasant stout  to drink , but 1 is my limit of these  with a 10% abv   

the barrels blackmans used was makermark and knob creek barrels from the usa

well worth the buy

20220624_175120.thumb.jpg.79eedc744c0f931dc8e7c4f2fc456adc.jpg

You know the old saying Oz mate, go hard or go home! 😂

• Haha 1