Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

I am getting ready for Brew Day AG #3 - a bit long winded & overdue but today I have cleaned/sanitised the Brew Zilla & I am storing Pura Tap water in 2 clean FV's to sit overnight uncovered to assist with Chlorine removal.

Oh yes, the whole reason for this post - a sneaky Coops Pale Ale just because I can.

Cheers. 🍻

20220702_122105.thumb.jpg.b093d92ca5e5a8e29b174b169cf5ace5.jpg

• Like 3

Choc Coconut Brown Ale from Bad Shepherd brewing. Very chocolatey, very coconutty. The aftertaste is reminiscent of that which a bounty bar leaves in your mouth. Quite rich and malty too. I see just one problem. It’s a brown ale and imho it  is too light and doesn’t suite the richness of the flavour profile. I think a porter would be the better choice. 

E08C6F7A-D46E-44F9-8E24-A0C972BE73A3.thumb.jpeg.ed34c474dfc5fe796333d4191815305d.jpeg

Edited by Aussiekraut
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Vale New World Lager - pretty easy going brew - but really nothing outstanding imho : |

But better than nothing (i.e. no ag kegs available 😆)

I guess the tin's a nice colour 🥳

image.thumb.png.5795feac47a5d30ebf59dc99e5a64319.png

Hey IP I haven't tried the Lager from those guys but when Hoppy was down here we had the Pale Ale, it was nice.

You are right the tin is a nice colour 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

COOPERS BEST EXTRA SOUT

Always a solid consistent great beer, it would be wrong for me to say I prefer mine but it is interesting how close you can actually get to the original recipe. I was going to do a @Shamus O'Sean side by side comparison but I have noticed mine tastes a little creamier, not so bitter & has better head retention, however they are two different beers. I am definitely not knocking this Stout, it is very moreish.

20220702_163427.thumb.jpg.a0e11f011d3a619336bffdda43008869.jpg

20220617_154125.thumb.jpg.52fece5ab807cbf30b1abc89ca57e0c4.jpg

• Like 9

Brewery = Hop Nation
name of beer = Devils Dance Floor
style = Red ale (double)
Abv= 7.8%

Interesting beer from Hop Nation  from there typical range of beers  and i must say i do love red ales 
it is a sweat tasting beer with nice smooth mouth feel however its a bit thin on the finish but has a nice Suttle salted caramel taste to it.   i have had better  but i do like this.

I was given this beer to review for my local Taproom as he knows i love my reds

20220703_143120.thumb.jpg.ef144d0aedf8366da7a7df0b79066428.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

All of their beers are awesome - I reckon.

I beg to differ with that Phil. I reckon PL have jumped the shark lately.

Coming out with all kinds of different concoctions. I tasted a Vanilla IPA the other day, it was nothing short of gross really, and dont get me started on their Pumpkin Ale.....i thought i was drinking cleaning fluid.

Most of their traditional beers are pretty good, but some of the trash they are pumping out lately I reckon they've lost the plot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

I beg to differ with that Phil. I reckon PL have jumped the shark lately.

Coming out with all kinds of different concoctions. I tasted a Vanilla IPA the other day, it was nothing short of gross really, and dont get me started on their Pumpkin Ale.....i thought i was drinking cleaning fluid.

Most of their traditional beers are pretty good, but some of the trash they are pumping out lately I reckon they've lost the plot.

I agree with you on their core range - Pales/Lager etc but all of this fruit stuff going on in beers these day is absolute BS in my opinion, for christ sake they have been making beer for centuries so why mess with it.

The idea of Vanills/Pumpkin would not appeal to me at all, I would rather drink a V...... OH hang on I wouldn't 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

The idea of Vanills/Pumpkin would not appeal to me at all, I would rather drink a V...... OH hang on I wouldn't 🤣

Vanilla in a beer is nothing short of...................YUCK!!! 🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Nice, plenty of body going on & a kickar... ABV too.

I like the grain bill, hops and yeast.

Vienna and Munich.

Herkules, Callista and Mandarina Bavaria.

Lallemand Kolsh yeast. Very nice beer.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

There are so many hops out there that offer lovely bittering, after taste to you beer not to mention all of the different yeast stains, so what's next Ice Cream Beer ??

Exactly, i'm a traditionalist at heart when it comes to beer. I love trying different things but if it taste like shite i'll call it out.

Edited by Pale Man
  • Like 1

Just now, Pale Man said:

Exactly, i'm a traditionalist at heart when it comes to beer. I love trying different things but if it taste like shite i'll call it out.

Well I suppose apart from the fact we are all different & due to different circumstances we either choose to be an Extract Brewer or AG & there is bottling vs kegging, cold crash or not & so on but when it comes to beer - AK or IP may call me out here but as far as I can see you don't see many German/Imported beers that have been in existence for centuries messing with their recipes with fruit salad. etc. I don't mean to sound prude or ignorant to the fact that experimentation is OK but it comes down to my original point - your individual taste.

• Like 2