Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

Shapeshifter Are You Still Having Fun. Oat Cream IPA.

Delicious. Shapeshifter Brewing are in good form. Another 8 percenter. Very smooth and rounded for an IPA, but just really nails the style. 

Yep I'm having fun and I've only just got started 😇

20220703_160706.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

That's the idea mate have some fun, why not, I like having a variety of beers to try but for some reason they all disappear to quick.

I'm on a tasting night tonight my man, trying to get ideas and taste for future brews.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

AK or IP may call me out here but as far as I can see you don't see many German/Imported beers that have been in existence for centuries messing with their recipes with fruit salad.

Berliner Weisse is traditionally served with Woodruff syrup.
Lambics have also had cherries in them for a long time (some anyway) I think

6 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I have this kit ready to go & it does suggest adding fruit but I won't be at this stage.

KB05281 35L BZ Berliner Weisse Recipe Kit.pdf 2.16 MB · 2 downloads

Love Wai-Iti hops. Also as a Berliner growing up on this stuff I like the recipe, cause it's the plain beer, any fruity flavors traditionally get added in cordial (syrup) form after you poured the beer into your glass, either woodruff (delicious) or raspberry. Anything else is a sacrilege 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Love Wai-Iti hops. Also as a Berliner growing up on this stuff I like the recipe, cause it's the plain beer, any fruity flavors traditionally get added in cordial (syrup) form after you poured the beer into your glass, either woodruff (delicious) or raspberry. Anything else is a sacrilege 

Yes I understand that, personally I reckon you get enough from the yeast/hops but as things develop I may consider a few additives but for now, I just want a good beer without distracting flavours.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yes I understand that, personally I reckon you get enough from the yeast/hops but as things develop I may consider a few additives but for now, I jus want a good beer without distracting flavours.

Never had a Berliner Weisse without additives, tell us how you go. Look, I am a traditionalist when it comes to food and drinks, but slowly my taste is expanding, saying that there is some weird stuff around which I wouldn't put into my mouth, but a Weisse with woodruff cordial in a Beer garden on a lake or river on a sunny afternoon is unbeatable ( or maybe it's just my memories, ha ha)

• Like 1

Afternoon drinks to relief the Monday blues.

with an ABV of 7% it is still an easy drink , very nice, recently I am into hazy IPA's and this one not being very hazy  I would get again, not too bitter or fruity, nice balance. Might get some Azacca hops and do some experimenting 

IMG_2927.JPG

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Not the best picture, but with 7.1% it is quite potent and impairing my vision. I also seem to drink a lot, as the last pictures are all mine. But after work I love to have a drink and listen to some great music. This Stout is nice, but nearly too sweet for me, try to cut down on the sugar, ha,ha. Great brew soIMG_2934.thumb.JPG.635c14a24e871ff551981b19b2456c70.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 3