Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

21 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Sheperds Neame Bishops Finger, Kent Ale. Why does Bishops Finger sound a bit perverse to me 🤔

Nice beer though.

20220707_161517.jpg

It does a bit, doesn’t it? They’re quite nice brews mind

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

It's a nice beer, but for my liking a bit too bitter. But the brewery might be worth a trip to Katoomba.IMG_2955.thumb.jpeg.3236bc15e7306ef761b731fb8b5457c1.jpeg

bring on the bitterness  in ipa i say..   bitterness is not everyones cup of tea though  

these guys  never stop experimenting   

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

bring on the bitterness  in ipa i say..   bitterness is not everyones cup of tea though  

these guys  never stop experimenting   

I don't mind bitterness if its nicely balanced with other flavors, if bitter is the main sensation it's not my cup of tea (or glass of beer)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

This was a beast with its 11.3% ABV. It tasted nice though.

51C00E53-FAB4-4AF1-A8A1-733D70D41549.thumb.jpeg.4627a29147db7f800afbf55ff41660e0.jpeg

Quite potent devils, aren't they AK ?

For some reason up to 10° I can "manage", but over 10° - in a beer at least, not wine, anything goes 😉 - seems to take the wind out of my sails. I found the Rochefort particularly heavy, other ones that are up there with the strength (St Bernardus 12 for instance) go down a bit easier. Maybe I should try harder...

• Like 1

Some people rave about it, and I love Black Forest cake (both me and my wife make the most delicious one) but this is just wrong. Yes, it has nice hints of chocolate when you breath in through your mouth after having a sip, but then its just dark and sour. Rather suck on a lemon, at least I get some vitamin C. Would I by it again? Absolutely not. Get me a Berliner Weisse with woodruff cordial any day.d19b7586-0732-4e69-a6ea-d8a714f07720.thumb.jpg.cdd33d20ce099930c5a1646ba9b4bd94.jpgIMG_2956.thumb.JPG.fc02d51105e4dc722f4474ea23565fa8.JPG

Edited by Brauhaus Fritz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Quite potent devils, aren't they AK ?

For some reason up to 10° I can "manage", but over 10° - in a beer at least, not wine, anything goes 😉 - seems to take the wind out of my sails. I found the Rochefort particularly heavy, other ones that are up there with the strength (St Bernardus 12 for instance) go down a bit easier. Maybe I should try harder...

My thoughts are it's all good but cramming 10-12% into a small 330ml bottle is just a bit heavy, may be a longneck or a large glass would be more pleasant but then I am no expert on the high end ABV beers. I think the strongest I have tackled so far was around 8%.

• Haha 1

The ol' Coops Green Faithful... a little dark you say... yes will - waste not - I blended it 50:50 with the flat final SG Sample of the recently completed lovely Amber Sparkling (*amber flat until carbonated no sparkles just yet) and it made quite a lovely drop 😁

image.thumb.png.b586c50c827717a9f8a3d3ddcee39bf7.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Some people rave about it, and I love Black Forest cake (both me and my wife make the most delicious one) but this is just wrong. Yes, it has nice hints of chocolate when you breath in through your mouth after having a sip, but then its just dark and sour. Rather suck on a lemon, at least I get some vitamin C. Would I by it again? Absolutely not. Get me a Berliner Weisse with woodruff cordial any day.d19b7586-0732-4e69-a6ea-d8a714f07720.thumb.jpg.cdd33d20ce099930c5a1646ba9b4bd94.jpgIMG_2956.thumb.JPG.fc02d51105e4dc722f4474ea23565fa8.JPG

Nice looking cake mate !

TBH I see all of these weirdo beers and wonder why you should reinvent the wheel. Each to their own, of course, but IMHO if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Bit of a stuck-in-the-mud sort of a bloke, maybe...

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, stquinto said:

Nice looking cake mate !

TBH I see all of these weirdo beers and wonder why you should reinvent the wheel. Each to their own, of course, but IMHO if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Bit of a stuck-in-the-mud sort of a bloke, maybe...

I don't mind, trying something new, variety is the spice of life, ha ha. Sometimes it turns out nicely and sometimes absolutely wrong. Just got a little bored with my homebrew and wanted to check out what's out there, dangerous move, especially for my wallet

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

I don't mind, trying something new, variety is the spice of life, ha ha. Sometimes it turns out nicely and sometimes absolutely wrong. Just got a little bored with my homebrew and wanted to check out what's out there, dangerous move, especially for my wallet

I agree with trying something new but as you say they can become a tad expensive due to the higher alcohol content but I do not bother buying beers with the emphasis on fruit, chocolate or other weird stuff some breweries add to their brews.

I love Hops & everything they stand for as you get a multitude of different aromas & flavours but as far as extra stuff added because you can, that doesn't interest me. I recently bought a pack of Margarita Gose ( Pale Ale ) & I enjoyed it immensely as a refreshing drink but it didn't taste anything like beer to me. 

But, each to their own.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Charlie is back on it again, even stands to attention while drinking !! 💂‍♂️

At least it looks like he is having a lovely Real Ale rather than Boris (photo you posted earlier) who very much looked like was slurping on a pipeline megaswill "larger" 😆

3 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

At least it looks like he is having a lovely Real Ale rather than Boris (photo you posted earlier) who very much looked like was slurping on a pipeline megaswill "larger" 😆

Yes I agree, I thought that at the time, I think Chazza knows his beers, bet he didn't pay for it either 👑