Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

5 minutes ago, Instigator said:

How good are these 440ml cans of BES? I'm stoked that Coopers brought them back this year.  I really hope they become an annual thing like the ESVA.  💯

Look's like a good start for the night mate, a nice warm fire & one of the best Stouts around. I have a firepit but it's too cold to go outside 🤔

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

Not sure where you live but I got it at Melbourne St Cellars, North Adelaide. Try Dan Murphy's? 

10 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Thirsty Camel always have them but I don't know where you live. Try ringing a couple of local Pubs/Bottle Shops in your area.

Thanks guys, I am in Sydney, the closest Thirsty Camel is 60 km away. At Dan's you get the Pale Ale Draught Style, which I've tried before, every one else seems to be out of stock. Just have to wait and keep my eyes open

• Like 1

An alternative to Duvel in the Belgian Golden Strong category.  Appealing name (maybe not for a “date night” with SWMBO). 
Although the colour is the same, it has a lot more body, which seems out of place (obvs got too used to Duvel). Probably more malt and less sugar to bring up the %
I picked up 4 so 3 more to go, wouldn’t bother with more.

Decent enough brew, but no more

90873999-2A74-495C-9D2A-875E4CE7ECF4.jpeg

BD8AB960-F951-42E6-8850-6B95AD671EE9.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I am not the biggest Cappucino fan, so maybe therefor this one didn't really do it for me. The head is nice and creamy, the flavors nice and balanced, but then for a stout it feels really thin. Maybe the fridge cold temperature didn't help, but then at work I still enjoy my coffee (flat white) when it got cold, because it was good.                                                                                                                                 Would I by it again? I can do without it

IMG_2970.JPG

IMG_2971.JPEG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

I am not the biggest Cappucino fan, so maybe therefor this one didn't really do it for me. The head is nice and creamy, the flavors nice and balanced, but then for a stout it feels really thin. Maybe the fridge cold temperature didn't help, but then at work I still enjoy my coffee (flat white) when it got cold, because it was good.                                                                                                                                 Would I by it again? I can do without it

Yes, I find that a lot of these modern craft stouts have far too much lactose. One of the signatures of a stout is the roasty bitterness, yet they try to mask it with sweetness. If they are trying to entice newcomers to the dark side, they could try making a few a more porters to style as a gateway.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Way too sweet & sickly for me, I wouldn't buy it anyway, as @Instigator says: One of the signatures of a stout is the roasty bitterness

I totally agree.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Popo said:

IMG20220710143318.thumb.jpg.a00be5d1577f02434f124dad1f4d092d.jpg

Tried another Your Mates Larry Pale Ale. It'd do, but I wouldn't chase one down.

Thought I'd join the fencepost posse.

Nice rural shot mate, employing the rule of thirds into your shot, Is that the commercial version you get at Liquor Land ?

I have tried both of the beers, their not actually bad  -  for the price.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Interesting beer. I'm not sure why it's labelled a Black Ale. May as well just call it stout. Quite nice.

I reckon you are right at 6% it's getting into Stout territory, I have had a lot of their beers & been to their brewery a few times, great people, great beers, great food & overall a great place. It is a pity it is so far from where I live. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Yeah i like trying the darker beers when its colder than a witches tit outside.

You are not wrong, I am having a Dark Ale ATM - I have got some Stout but I am trying to age that; what a joke 🤭 when the Dark Ale runs out I will probably drink it !!

But in the interests of of keeping warm & of course hydrated, I have rather a cunning plan - when I have finished the Dark Ale, a bottle of red with my steak. 🍷Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, PintsMeLocal said:

I like the simple tin design too

The tin ( can  😉 )  doesn't do the stout justice. Its really tasty and honest, nothing flash but just a good stout. I'd be proud to brew it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Is tin a South African thing? 🤣

Mmmm am not thinking necessarily @Pale Man Paleo... cos I certainly would call an aussie carton of tinnies a carton of tinnies - and not so much - a carton of cannies...  not trying to be a schmartaaarse... interesting though I would say - can design.... not tin design..... mmm

I mean one might say - we're goin fishin and mate don't bring stubbies on the boat for safety - carton of tinnies is ok?

the ongoing evolution of language hey?

MMmm not to suggest anyone should bring a carton of tinnies onto a fishing boat either - ffffffer safety reasons you know...  only once yer parked up hey!

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 2