supernerdy

1 minute ago, PintsMeLocal said:

Haha yeah me and my mates call em tins. But can is the usual word

I think it was Queenslanders that started calling beer's Tinnies

Don't hear it much in South Oz

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/10/2022 at 4:11 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Nice rural shot mate, employing the rule of thirds into your shot, Is that the commercial version you get at Liquor Land ?

I have tried both of the beers, their not actually bad  -  for the price.

Yeah, mate. Just the regular yellow can version. It's not a bad beer. Easy drinker. I'd heard about it and seen it in the GABS 100 list (3rd). Thought it might have been a bit more interesting is all.

• Like 1

Brewer = Hop Nation
Style = Hazy Ipa
beer name = Mothers Hybrid  
ABV= 6%
This beer has some goodness going on nice rounded bitterness and flavor using HBC586 experimental hop for them along with fresh cryo Pop Hops

I tried one of Gashes Cryo pop hop beers when gash and i had a day out in Geelong and i didnt go to much on the cryo pop not saying Gash made a bad beer  but even he wasnt impressed on his own initially   but in this hazy ipa it really works well along with the experimental hop

great aromas and  packed with flavour   i'm loving it20220713_171842.thumb.jpg.7259a9bbeb044cc900e6ca21a1fb7a4b.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Beer o'clock today with a difference, testing the Heaps Normal Lager and IPA

IMG_9707.thumb.jpg.b44cdba0effdacefe77daae1d7f6771f.jpg

The lager is a bit bland. It's got flavour but it's a similar flavour to cascade light. DIdn't do much for me.

IMG_9708.thumb.jpg.f37b53839c4aaa465306210581516ff0.jpg

the XPA though is a lot more substantial in the taste department, didn't feel like a light beer at the footy. i'd drink a couple of these with a meal out quite easily.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

That look's pretty good, nice looking Pale HH, can I see a fire going in the background or Pizza Oven maybe, it certainly would be the business on a night like this. 🔥

Pizza prep underway then sit in front of fire and watch the Geelong game. 

20220716_165751.jpg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Hilltop hops said:

Pizza prep underway then sit in front of fire and watch the Geelong game. 

The Pizza's & the fire do it for me but I don't care for football, however I can amuse myself in other ways, heater on in the lounge, slow cooker on & heaps of Youtube/Netflix will keep me amused.

• Like 1

My first posting on Today's Tastings! In Dubbo there is a craft brewery named Devil's Hollow which opened in 2019. There are 11 Devil's Hollow beers on offer, all made on site. There is also a very popular cafe and bar.

Today I tasted the 'Nun Launcher', which is described as a 'pale ale with a firm bitterness and refreshing aromas of citrus and tropical fruit'. I won't argue with that; it was yummy.  The Nun Launcher's ingredients are listed as pale, rolled oats and wheat grains; and cascade, cashmere, ella and galaxy hops.

The story behind the name is that the brewery founders remember when the new Catholic church was built in Dubbo, including a very modern spire which locals christened the 'Nun Launcher'. 

Devil's Hollow - Nun Launcher .jpg

Devil's Hollow - brew tanks.jpg

• Like 7