Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

34 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

H'mmm I rest my case about all of these breakfast cereal/fruit salad/cheese cake/dead ant beers they keep making.

Just give me beer ... with hops of course. 🤣

I don't mind drinking unusual beers. I like to experiment tasting and also brewing unusual or non-conservative beers. It's all about exploring the possibilities and they're indeed endless. However I do think some breweries are pushing the boundaries a little too far. Let us get used to some level of experimentation first, then go further. Otherwise it's just going to be lost within all the weirdness out there.

But I agree, give me a bog standard beer any day and I'm happy...well, maybe not XXXX or VD...oops...VB kind of bog standard 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

I don't mind drinking unusual beers. I like to experiment tasting and also brewing unusual or non-conservative beers. It's all about exploring the possibilities and they're indeed endless. However I do think some breweries are pushing the boundaries a little too far. Let us get used to some level of experimentation first, then go further. Otherwise it's just going to be lost within all the weirdness out there.

But I agree, give me a bog standard beer any day and I'm happy...well, maybe not XXXX or VD...oops...VB kind of bog standard 🙂 

Yep I am with you, it's not like I don't trying different concepts but so far there ain't many out there that impress me very much.

Take for example I recently had some Margarita Gose, it was lovely, a very refreshing vibrant drink but it tasted nothing like beer !! 

Then there was the Ballistic Beer Co - Hawaiian Haze Pale Ale ... get out of here ... bloody awful.

I can drink any beer Pales/IPA/Draught/Bitter/Stout/Porter/German Wheat Beer/Pilsner etc ... & I love all of the hops out there that deliver different flavours/aromas but surely that's enough without going through your pantry to see what else you can add.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, stquinto said:

Kasteel Rouge - a type of Kriek but with more oomph.

The glass might be the original but it looks like one you might serve your Granny a sweet sherry in at Christmas. Admittedly a large one 🤣

42545981-83CC-4CD0-8534-B4AFC5FAB834.jpeg

Yummo!!

• Haha 1

On 7/19/2022 at 10:44 PM, Hairy said:

From a local brewery near where I am staying at Tremezzo in Lake Como. In a world of Peroni, this lager was great.

3F994315-A8D0-4562-8C06-4AE0C1AA765D.thumb.jpeg.1a62fcd84a96f715fc89b20a35f5a4f0.jpeg

Not that far from me (well, 5 hours). Enjoy your trip! Bit of a scorcher here ATM

3 hours ago, stquinto said:

Not that far from me (well, 5 hours). Enjoy your trip! Bit of a scorcher here ATM

You are not wrong. No air con in the place we are staying either but the water is refreshing.

• Haha 2

On 7/21/2022 at 2:41 AM, stquinto said:

Kasteel Rouge - a type of Kriek but with more oomph.

The glass might be the original but it looks like one you might serve your Granny a sweet sherry in at Christmas. Admittedly a large one 🤣

42545981-83CC-4CD0-8534-B4AFC5FAB834.jpeg

A beautiful drop that is 🙂 

• Like 1

I found these on Special today normally $24.50 but they were $14.50, that is a bargain, I have seen these before at Liquor Land but always thought they would be a bit ho-hum.

I was wrong a very pleasant surprise, well balanced, hop driven, citrus & malty, apparently dry hopped. 

I found out it should be good, see below.

Tinnies Pale Ale, which is brewed in Victoria by craft brewers Brick Lane Brewery, was named World’s Best Pale Bitter in the 4.5% to 5.5% category. The beer was picked out of more than 3,500 beers from 56 countries over a series of blind tastings.

20220722_144024.thumb.jpg.8722dc13f7429b092de4bb9c7fca54ed.jpg

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I found these on Special today normally $24.50 but they were $14.50, that is a bargain, I have seen these before at Liquor Land but always thought they would be a bit ho-hum.

I was wrong a very pleasant surprise, well balanced, hop driven, citrus & malty, apparently dry hopped. 

Tinnies Pale Ale, which is brewed in Victoria by craft brewers Brick Lane Brewery, was named World’s Best Pale Bitter in the 4.5% to 5.5% category. The beer was picked out of more than 3,500 beers from 56 countries over a series of blind tastings.

There is their range.

landing.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Might have to give them a go mate.

• Like 1