Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

2 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

It isn't one of my favourites but it's not half as bad as you make it. I can easily sink a few of these in a sesh. I don't mind it at all, although I am not a fan of this hazy craze lately. Hmm that's actually the name of a Beer by White Lies Brewing, Hazy Craze 🙂 

OK but quite honestly when topped up the glass I had one sip & it went down the sink 😬 Just not for me.

• Haha 1

HOLLANDIA PREMIUM LAGER 4.7%  - 500ml

I picked up a 4 x pack of these today at Liquor Land for $14.00,  pleasant, easy to drink. I have had it before & I will be buying it again !!

Lovely clear, clean tasting beer & great value too.  prosit.

20220726_144938.thumb.jpg.4a60f3debad2ce86795ecff5d3551a33.jpg

Brewers notes:

A light and refreshing lager – brewed with high-quality hop – malt and pure water. Smooth in flavor with a bitterness that manifests itself in the aftertaste. Hollandia Premium is a light-colored and clear beer with a sweet nose of grain and citrus fruits. On the palate, this continues with the sweet-bitter flavor of hop and malt, tones of citrus fruits and a clean aftertaste. A quick finish concludes with a slightly bitter tone that leaves a dry finish.

• Like 5

A nice fresh hoppy lager from a local Brewery here in SA, McLaren Vale, on special at Uncle Dan's for $18.  Nery nice.

" NEW WORLD LAGER "
20220728_143631.thumb.jpg.8ad5992fa2e194a09687676192b36bd0.jpgThis is our interpretation of what a new world craft lager should be. Approachable, sessionable, balanced and flavoursome. This beer is filtered for smooth and refreshing crispness with medium carbonation. The 100% malted grain profile is a combination of pilsner, carapils and light munich, whilst the hop bill includes the noble German hop Tettnang, Australian Helga and NZ Pacifica. The sweet malt characters are balanced by the earthy spice and fresh citrus kick and floral notes derived from the hops.

• Like 7

SWELL BREWING COMPANY

I picked these up today for $12.00 at Thirsty Camel on the clearance table, I was a bit wary about Rice beer, but I am impressed with the clean crisp taste & the hop presence, an easy drinking beer. Another SA Brewery.

20220729_155341.thumb.jpg.3a108710bc8a40d3bd61d8ad2342eb23.jpg

This gluten free American pale ale is brewed with brown rice and sorghum rather than wheat or barley. Fully flavoured thanks to generous hop additions of Mosaic, Simcoe, and Galaxy, it remains clean and crisp with a moderate bitterness. 

STYLE: Gluten Free American Pale Ale

MALTS: Brown Rice, Sorghum

HOPS: Mosaic, Simcoe, Galaxy

ALLERGENS: -

VEGAN: Yes

ABV: 4.5%

SIZE: 375ml cans x 24 (4-packs)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

SWELL BREWING COMPANY

I picked these up today for $12.00 at Thirsty Camel on the clearance table, I was a bit wary about Rice beer, but I am impressed with the clean crisp taste & the hop presence, an easy drinking beer. Another SA Brewery.

20220729_155341.thumb.jpg.3a108710bc8a40d3bd61d8ad2342eb23.jpg

This gluten free American pale ale is brewed with brown rice and sorghum rather than wheat or barley. Fully flavoured thanks to generous hop additions of Mosaic, Simcoe, and Galaxy, it remains clean and crisp with a moderate bitterness. 

STYLE: Gluten Free American Pale Ale

MALTS: Brown Rice, Sorghum

HOPS: Mosaic, Simcoe, Galaxy

ALLERGENS: -

VEGAN: Yes

ABV: 4.5%

SIZE: 375ml cans x 24 (4-packs)

Nice mate going vegan I see 🍻😜

• Like 1

Brewery = Blackmans
Style = Belguim Wit 
ABV = 4.3%

Disclaimer this can not be brought from bottleshop or craft beer shop its exclusive to Blackmans Brewery club Members only

I am somewhat a little disappointed in this beer, it is slightly oxidized and I know another Person who received their 4 Pack of Hoppy Belgium Wit  was oxidized as well and lot worse then mine.  however they was only just canned recently so they are drinkable and will not last long.

having said that this beer is great and what you would expect in a Belgium wit beer despite the color  it should be a rather golden yellow. its very refreshing with the right amount of bitterness 

if i wasn't aware of the oxygenation i would rate this  high 8-9 out of 10.

very reshing wit

20220731_151721.thumb.jpg.1ae4c52f7fa5e22a4bc758932d1886ea.jpg 

Apologies  with the label on the can , i wish they did the labels in strong bold lettering

cheers 
OZ

• Like 3

I haven't been on to much  of late and have been meaning to put this  up but i wont ravel on to much  

Cookie Compost  Bright Brewery
Great stout, has everything and more and the brewer thought lets push a few boundaries and chucked what ever he had into this one
8/10  

20220718_145517.thumb.jpg.309712e83c937de4a7e7a103c4957685.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

There's a lot of ingredients in there OD, I hope they didn't forget the malt & hops 🤭 but I suppose as long as it tastes alright.

they never forgot the hops or the malt .  its really good , not for everyone,  but  to me  you have to try a beer once