Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

5 minutes ago, PintsMeLocal said:

He's starving for a coldy

Haha I'm surprised @JoeB7 you actually got time to take a photo -- after a whole month off... and more ; )

Mmm my only difficulty would be - what would be the best sequence of slurpings?

I am thinking:

1.Grolly

2. Sheets

3. Sparkler

4. Creaminess of Blackness

🥳

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JoeB7 said:

Tribe Brewing  @Itinerant Peasant.  Apparently they're regularly looking for staff. Yes I would take that dream job as they will "train the right candidate".

Putting it out there you AG aficionados

Yeah I like it - thanks @JoeB7 mate - but am a fair way North from the G - and am likely to have to leave this lovely mouldy old Renter and move further North at some stage... but I do like the way you're thinking.

And I am pretty handy with a pressure water blaster cleaner - the product is great - but I reckon most of the effort is in cleaning... anyway - onwards and upwards I guess hey!

Once I get me shittttinasock and get things organised hopefully there might be something to be found via the below  (a mate put me onto) when I get to me destination further north but it will be a while:

https://www.brewsnews.com.au/beer-industry-jobs/

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

And I am pretty handy with a pressure water blaster cleaner - the product is great - but I reckon most of the effort is in cleaning... anyway - onwards and upwards I guess hey!

https://www.brewsnews.com.au/beer-industry-jobs/

you read that job description better than I, IP.

Makes sense though, keen bright eyed bushy tailed youngster gets "trained" to be stuck on the end of a mop

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoeB7 said:

What comes after Dry July?

Well Amber August of course.

Coopers Sparkling, my day to day commercial beer. No rating, it's my swill.

Zytho Velvet Stout. Someone mentioned Zytho is Goulburn made & I'm in Sthrn Highlands so WTF. Velvet by name & nature. Smooth, charred choc/coffee, not overly herbacious, non harsh tasty bitterness. Pleasing after-burp. 8/10

Lord Nelson 3 Sheets. Good Session Ale & about as fruity as I go (sans Mardi Gras). My first introduction to a brew pub back in the early '90s, a few early Friday knock offs when we worked around The Rocks  7.5/10

Grolsch🤦‍♂️.... the bottles are useful.  

Amber August.jpg

The Zytho Stout is very nice.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Haha I'm surprised @JoeB7 you actually got time to take a photo -- after a whole month off... and more ; )

Mmm my only difficulty would be - what would be the best sequence of slurpings?

I am thinking:

1.Grolly

2. Sheets

3. Sparkler

4. Creaminess of Blackness

🥳

Agreed IP mate

• Like 2

Couldn’t pass-by a beer called ‘Bare Bum’, obvs.

Not much cop though…

Makes me think of my misspent youth accidentally venturing onto nudie beaches, most of the people there could do with their skin being ironed. Naturally I fall into that category nowadays, although my gut-skin is quite taut 🤣

10EECB55-C393-4964-89C4-7A09B78EA239.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, stquinto said:

Couldn’t pass-by a beer called ‘Bare Bum’, obvs.

Not much cop though…

Makes me think of my misspent youth accidentally venturing onto nudie beaches, most of the people there could do with their skin being ironed. Naturally I fall into that category nowadays, although my gut-skin is quite taut 🤣

10EECB55-C393-4964-89C4-7A09B78EA239.jpeg

Nice, I would buy that just for the Artwork !! 🥳

• Haha 2

Got myself two six packs, one to age and one to savor now. It is very nice, if you pour it slowly it is very clear, if you get the sediments, and it has lots, it turns very hazy. Its bitter and kind of fruity, and strong. Have to have another one to be able to fully describe its flavors. And found myself two little glasses (285ml) to go with it

IMG_3078.jpeg

IMG_3079.jpeg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Got myself two six packs, one to age and one to savor now. It is very nice, if you pour it slowly it is very clear, if you get the sediments, and it has lots, it turns very hazy. Its bitter and kind of fruity, and strong. Have to have another one to be able to fully describe its flavors. And found myself two little glasses (285ml) to go with it

Yeah I have to grab some of that, it comes in at 7.5% but I am sure you wouldn't be able to taste the alcohol due to the mix of American & German hops in there.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Got myself two six packs, one to age and one to savor now

Hey there @Brauhaus Fritz BF mate don't leave your second sixer to age hang around too long - or if you do - make sure you cellar it well.  Got a good mate who helped me actually get into brewing thirty plus years ago - who bought a swag of festive Coopers Vintage Ale Stubbies like 10 years ago and then ended up having to pour the lot which was a terrible shame.  I did try to drink some of them but even I a committed Coops supporter could not manage the over oxy brew : (

The bottles and cardboard cases were all in good nick - but the innards were feral : (

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Hey there @Brauhaus Fritz BF mate don't leave your second sixer to age hang around too long - or if you do - make sure you cellar it well.  Got a good mate who helped me actually get into brewing thirty plus years ago - who bought a swag of festive Coopers Vintage Ale Stubbies like 10 years ago and then ended up having to pour the lot which was a terrible shame.  I did try to drink some of them but even I a committed Coops supporter could not manage the over oxy brew : (

The bottles and cardboard cases were all in good nick - but the innards were feral : (

Here you go nick across country & you can attend this, 

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=f1a99f8a86cafc8aJmltdHM9MTY1OTQyMzUzOSZpZ3VpZD0wODNlOTgzYi1kMWRjLTRjNTAtOTg2NS1iMWM0YjgyYmJiZTMmaW5zaWQ9NTI3MA&ptn=3&hsh=3&fclid=9573fb35-1230-11ed-99ed-9d30615608ce&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly9jb29wZXJzYWxlaG91c2UucHViL2V2ZW50cy8yMDIyLWNvb3BlcnMtdmludGFnZS1sYXVuY2gv&ntb=1

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

I have the little dungeon under the stairs, coldest room in the house. Thought I leave them there for a month or two. Have two types of ROTM Mr.Sinister Ale there since 10 month and its still very nice. The photo is from last year, when I started my brewing adventures

beer dungeon2.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Thought I leave them there for a month or two

Beautiful @Brauhaus Fritz

I think my mate's were like 10 years old and he lives on the coast so was not a goer

More like a patent disaster : (

Given the below - thanks @Classic Brewing Co Phil- yeah he shoulda kept the sad brews and taken them to the below Gig and traded them in : )

Knowing him they may still be there and maybe I should suggest he take them back for a swap given his long term commitment to Coopers... 

11 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

• Haha 1