Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

17 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

@stquinto I know I could google the answer but for the sake of conversation: Carnaby St is famous for something but I can't recall what. Recording studios for the Beatles perhaps?

It was mainly the fashion street of the Sixties. All those stars would hang around there, I don’t think any of them had a recording studio that I am aware of. It’s all shops and restaurants now, and a cuppla pubs. Quite central too. Pleasant to sit out and watch the world go by, hiding behind your sunnies like an Italian. Which isn’t the norm weather-wise 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, stquinto said:

It was mainly the fashion street of the Sixties. All those stars would hang around there, I don’t think any of them had a recording studio that I am aware of. It’s all shops and restaurants now, and a cuppla pubs. Quite central too. Pleasant to sit out and watch the world go by, hiding behind your sunnies like an Italian. Which isn’t the norm weather-wise 🤣

Ahh, thanks mate. The fashion centre of London. The place to be seen I guess. A bit Like Gaza footy club in Adelaide.🤣

Edited by MUZZY
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Ahh, thanks mate. The fashion centre of London. The place to be seen I guess. A bit Like Gaza footy club in Adelaide.🤣

… and there’s me, with my shorts and tatty old polo shirt, with some stinky plassie thongs on my gouty feet 🤣

Edited by stquinto
Typo
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

It is good to see you enjoying the sights around London Stquinta, what's it like outside the pub ?🤣

Here you go Phil, here’s a piccy of a double-decker bus. Can I go back to my pint, it’s getting warm(er) and flat(ter) ?

🤣

7327E65A-9B61-4020-92BC-9A239570FA04.jpeg

1A9DB945-0CFE-46B9-8F78-3E30D40C3BD3.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Gee thanks mate, that's lovely but please don't overdo it 🤣

Crikey mate, I’ll send you a pic of Big Ben tomorrow 🤣

Must admit, haven’t bent over backwards to see any stuff… It’ll still be here next time

• Haha 1

Just now, stquinto said:

Crikey mate, I’ll send you a pic of Big Ben tomorrow 🤣

Must admit, haven’t bent over backwards to see any stuff… It’ll still be here next time

I know what you mean, I haven't been where you have but when I was travelling full time I was calling on Pubs to sell them stuff & I spent the rest of the time in them, I wasn't ever much of a tourist 🍻

Happy Holiday 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, kmar92 said:

How good is that?

Whilst you are there try some Kentish beer if you get a chance. I am about to try and brew a Shepherd Neame IPA clone.

TBH I was a bit underwhelmed with the offerings. We went in for lunch all all of those beers bar one were being cleaned. I’d have thought you would do that before opening. The first beer I had on Carnaby Street was sour, and not in a nice Belgian sour way. I sent it back and the barman, who seemed to hail from somewhere in South America, thought I was being really picky not to want to drink sour p•ss…

There are so many tourists there they don’t care much.

The Fullers pubs are better than the Greene King ones IMHO

• Sad 1