Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

9 hours ago, Pale Man said:

On the River Murray with the lovely lady. I thought I'd sample some local brewing concerns. I can say this is delicious. On tap and from a can.

Woolshed Brewery. Really good honest clean tasting beers .

That's a great place & I agree there beers are fantastic, they also partnered with the famous Overland Corner Hotel & all of their beers are on tap.

https://www.overlandcornerhotel.com.au

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I assume there is more on offer than just a 6 pack albeit a good one. 🤔

I really enjoy this one, have a six pack in the dungeon for maturing, and yes, have a few home brews left, also quiet a few home made ciders which are not too shabby either. Not really a cider fan, but had to try to make some Mangrove Jack pouches, and they all turned out really nice.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 10:43 PM, Pale Man said:

Renmark on the Mighty Murray River.

One of the all time great spots, used to get there when I was a kid - stayed at the caravan park right on the river. Ahh those were the days, fishing was incredible in those parts back then. Cod and redfin everywhere and no Carp. Love to give the Woolshed a run PM, sounds great.

Edited by Mickep
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

COOPERS STOUT

I wish I could say I made this myself but the label gives it away although if you don't mind me saying I have come pretty close to the recipe, I think there is something they are not telling us. 🤔

20220805_170523.thumb.jpg.084a892854dca8901792180291a98cc3.jpg

I love that beer Classic Phil, just love it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mickep said:

One of the all time great spots, used to get there when I was a kid - stayed at the caravan park right on the river. Ahh those were the days, fishing was incredible in those parts back then. Cod and redfin everywhere and no Carp. Love to give the. Love to give the Woolshed a run PM, sounds great.

I was born in Berri & Renmark was always the premium spot for river access/views ect. Each Riverland town had it's merits but Renmark was also the best spot. Further up the river is also spectacular whichever direction you go, particularly a Houseboat or even just a boat.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I was born in Berri & Renmark was always the premium spot for river access/views ect. Each Riverland town had it's merits but Renmark was also the best spot. Further up the river is also spectacular whichever direction you go, particularly a Houseboat or even just a boat.

Classic as you may or may not know I'm a Mexican - born and bred (don't hold that against me) - but how good was it that my parents would get in a car back in the '60's and drive across State hundreds and hundreds of miles and caravan along the Mighty Muzza in Renmark. I have the fondest memories of holidaying there - A beautiful spot mate. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Classic as you may or may not know I'm a Mexican - born and bred (don't hold that against me) - but how good was it that my parents would get in a car back in the '60's and drive across State hundreds and hundreds of miles and caravan along the Mighty Muzza in Renmark. I have the fondest memories of holidaying there - A beautiful spot mate. 

Yes vecino I was aware that you are in gringo land, I have travelled all over there but I like NSW better & QLD. Having said that I have stayed in some beautiful places along the Murray, it is very hard to beat. Now I live near the ocean 🏖️

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

I may be in for an early night 😂 Then again, one of the neighbours is having a party and is playing doof doof. I really need a very, very gutsy stereo to educate them in good, meaning my, music 😂

That's when you need your or your mate's Band PA or Guitar Amps and put your earplugs in and then noise cancelling or noise exclusion headphones over that - and then set up your feed on the same song over and over again at 400,000 Watts and see who lasts the longest... or maybe they could listen to the whole album over and over again too?

Or even better - a couple of different feeds - to different amps - playing different music at the same time very very loudly - and see how they go - while testing your chainsaws and tuning your Harley?

Am thinking my other good ideas for such situations dealing with ferals are best not aired in this very good forum... 

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

That's when you need your or your mate's Band PA or Guitar Amps and put your earplugs in and then noise cancelling or noise exclusion headphones over that - and then set up your feed on the same song over and over again at 400,000 Watts and see who lasts the longest... or maybe they could listen to the whole album over and over again too?

Or even better - a couple of different feeds - to different amps - playing different music at the same time very very loudly - and see how they go - while testing your chainsaws and tuning your Harley?

Am thinking my other good ideas for such situations dealing with ferals are best not aired in this very good forum... 

I just crank up my 7.1 surround sound Dolby system, that generally wipes out neighbours crap music, although I live in a quiet neighbourhood.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hilltop hops said:

Seen this beer posted a few times and thought I'd try. Lovely old school ale. 

20220806_191854.jpg

I think that this is my favourite English beer. Then again there are a few different English ales that are very good - Old Peculier comes to mind.

• Haha 1

On 8/4/2022 at 4:58 PM, Brauhaus Fritz said:

I really enjoy this one, have a six pack in the dungeon for maturing, and yes, have a few home brews left, also quiet a few home made ciders which are not too shabby either. Not really a cider fan, but had to try to make some Mangrove Jack pouches, and they all turned out really nice.

As I am still limited in my brewing ventures (still not allowed to carry more than 10 kg for another month, so I can't lift my full FV) and I don't want to finish my beer stocks too quickly I have one of my Ciders. Still have 4 crates left. They are actually really nice. This one is an above mentioned Passion Peach Cider and with 5.7% not too shabby. If you take a photo in the right time, it even looks like beer,🤣

Passion Peach Cider.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

As I am still limited in my brewing ventures (still not allowed to carry more than 10 kg for another month, so I can't lift my full FV) and I don't want to finish my beer stocks too quickly I have one of my Ciders. Still have 4 crates left. They are actually really nice. This one is an above mentioned Passion Peach Cider and with 5.7% not too shabby. If you take a photo in the right time, it even looks like beer,🤣

Cider looks good & you are right, it does look like beer, if you squint 🤭

re: lifting more than 10kg, you will have to wait a while to start brewing with your Brewzilla as lifting the malt pipe is quite a task unless you can get some help with it. 4.4kg -5.5kg soaked with all that water is very heavy & hot.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Cider looks good & you are right, it does look like beer, if you squint 🤭

re: lifting more than 10kg, you will have to wait a while to start brewing with your Brewzilla as lifting the malt pipe is quite a task unless you can get some help with it. 4.4kg -5.5kg soaked with all that water is very heavy & hot.

I know, but it will happen

COOPERS PALE ALE - guess the commercial version

I could have put this in "What are you drinking" or this thread but doesn't matter.

Guess which is mine out of the tap & which one is the commercial version.

@DavidM may know, he had one yesterday 🤭 🍻

Sorry @Shamus O'Sean - I know you started a thread but I forgot what is was titled.

20220808_164447.thumb.jpg.1bbb73c1169882d80e5b84303001ca27.jpg

• Like 3